HawthoRNe: Cast Reacts to TV Show Cancellation

HawthoRNe canceledIn case you haven’t heard, TNT has cancelled HawthoRNe after three seasons on the air. The medical drama ran for 30 episodes total, from June 2009 until August 2011. HawthoRNe’s ratings started out strong but dipped each season. It was the lowest-rated drama on TNT this summer except for Men of a Certain Age, a drama that was cancelled after two seasons on the air.

Series star Jada Pinkett Smith broke the news to her fans by writing, “Hey everyone…if you don’t know Hawthorne will not be returning for another season. I want to say thank you to all the fans for being Hawthorne soldiers. All our facebook fans…twitter soldiers and viewers…you held us down. Of course you know there is more to come…believe it!”

Following a steamy scene between Smith and costar Marc Anthony, there were rumors that the two were having an affair. Supposedly, she and her husband, Will Smith, were also splitting up. The Smiths issued a statement last week that addressed the rumors, “Although we are reluctant to respond to these types of press reports, the rumors circulating about our relationship are completely false. We are still together, and our marriage is intact.”

Vanessa Lengies (CNO Kelly Epson) sympathized with HawthoRNe fans who were sad about the show’s demise and tweeted, “Loyal HawthoRNe followers, u know if it was up 2 me I would play Kelly 4 you til you asked me 2 stop.” She also posted a few backstage photos of herself and the cast.

Aisha Hinds (Isabel Walsh) was upset by the cancellation news and wrote, “:-( Boooo!!! Love my HawthoRNe Family!”

What do you think? Are sorry to see the TV series end? Could HawthoRNe have been saved?

Danamoore August 14, 2012 at 8:35 pm

I dont understand why u cancelled the show ur netwrk disappointed a, lot of pp

Angels August 3, 2012 at 6:08 pm

So disappointed HawthoRNe was cancelled. That was the only time I even watched TNT. Another network needs to pick up this show.

Tiffany Jefferson July 27, 2012 at 1:25 am

I became a big fan of hawthorne in the last month watching every episode there was of the show. I would like to see a season 4 for one I want to see what’s going to happen to nick and I want to see tom and christina work the relationship out cause I know they can
I love that show and would love for it to continue jada were you at leys get a season 4 your fans would love that cause I would I will follow. You got my vote number 1 true fan Hawthorne

Cathy Trevino July 19, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Everytime I find a show that I like all the cast
it goes off the air. Hang in there all…some of
the shows that come back are awful. Who chooses
Which ones come back? Not the viewers, I’m sure.
I don ‘t believe it was ratings.

Betsy July 30, 2012 at 6:37 pm

I agree. All the good shows are gone. Now nothing but crap. I loved that show. was really looking forward to another season….

carolynne nelson July 15, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I’m so disappointed. This was a very good show, I couldnt wait for the following weeks episode. I didnt want it to end. Whoever made the decision to cancel the show should reconsider and give it another shot in a different time slot maybe so gain viewers till it gets known and than it could stand on its own.

Rhonda July 13, 2012 at 11:54 pm

I was very upset to learn that the show ended with such a huge cliffhanger in Season 3! I would to see the show back on if the can get some real life information it would be great. I love Jada Pinkett Smith and think she did a wonderful job. I want the show back TNT sucks for taking it off the air. It truly had potential! If we can do anything to get it back on the air that will be great!

Mike July 12, 2012 at 8:02 pm

STOP WATCHING TNT! DON’T TUNE INTO TNT….Since TNT canceled Hawthorne, let’s cancel TNT

Anonymous July 25, 2012 at 12:10 am

I AGREE!!!

Mayah August 2, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I Agree !!

Tonya Turner July 11, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I’m really upset to hear that Hawthorne got cancelled I was really looking forward to watching it again….I would also like to say I have read some
of the other comments and i think it is abserd that people always make it a race thing everything thing is about race and its a shame bc its really doesn’t matter its 2012 GET OVER IT PEOPLE…

Julia July 8, 2012 at 6:01 am

Why is the show being canceled? You-all don’t have anything else to do but cancel good shows. What is up??? I loved the show, I thought it was great. Another black female star CANNED. What is up with the TV Shows with black female as the leading role? Can somebody please explain it to me? Jade, hope to see you soon. I loved you on Hawthorne.

Anonymous July 7, 2012 at 1:30 pm

iam also up set because the show help me get threw school. i think that tnt made a very big mistake.

sonia c. July 5, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I’ve been waiting for the news on the new season of Hawthorne and was very disappointed to hear it was cancelled. I think it was a big mistake. Maybe the day or time of showing should have been changed instead of beening cancelled.

Kindra July 4, 2012 at 11:40 pm

So upset that the show isn’t returning!!!!!! I’m just finding this out. I was so looking forward to the next season. I guess the garbage reality shows are truly taking over. The cancellation is definitely not a reflection on the cast or the shows creators, that show was awesome!!!!

Wilson boston July 4, 2012 at 9:49 am

Wtf … please bring it back and continue the show on another network…Love the show

Georgia Gary June 28, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I am just learning that HawthoRNe will not be returning to TNT. How sad. It was an excellent show. Why is it that when black women are in steamy sex scenes with white or Latino men the shows are axed. Yet white females can and is always is steamy scenes with handsome black men. Is it because white females are sexier than black females? I think not! Also, white females can be portrayed as sluts and whores from the soaps to the big screen, yet that makes them sexy. For instance, on Private Practice, the actress who plays the character Allyson is the biggest whore, but a black man pines over her. On the Bold and The Beautiful, the characters Brooke, Donna, Katie and others have slept with daddy, brother, daughter’s husband etc; on the Young and Restless, Phyliss, Sharon, all share the same men, yet those shows are still running strong. But, I forget, the world sees that as hot and sexy as long as they are white females, of which society has epitomized the white female as the standard of beauty and sexiness. Again, I think NOT!

Tiffany Jefferson July 27, 2012 at 1:30 am

So much agee with you on that!!!!

LaQuesha June 25, 2012 at 10:30 am

Also sign this petition.

Rhonda July 13, 2012 at 11:56 pm

I want the show back on I would love to sign a petition!

Dr valarie martian July 19, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I’m very disappointed. Tnt is tripping some other network needs to pick up the show this do not make any since.

V August 12, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I agree, it does not make any “sense” TNT cancelled the show. The storylines were real and entertaning. I was looking forward to see which direction Christinia was going to go in being in a real love triangle. I hope another network picks them up like BET did with the GAME. I also agree with the others to boycott TNT.