Human Target: Season Two Premiere Delayed Again

Human TargetIf you’ve been waiting for the return of FOX’s Human Target series, you’ll have to wait quite awhile longer.

When FOX cancelled Lone Star, they rescheduled the third season premiere of Lie to Me to take its place on Monday. Lie to Me was originally supposed to return on Wednesday, November 17th. To fill that timeslot, they’ve now delayed the return of Human Target.

After already being delayed a week, Human Target was supposed to return this Friday, October 1st, at 8pm. While its unfortunate that fans will have to wait another six weeks for the return of Christopher Chance (Mark Valley) and company, this may be advantageous for the show’s future.

The series performed pretty well in on Wednesday nights last season and Friday nights are understandably always tough to attract a decent-sized audience in the target demo.

Here’s the official press release from FOX…

HOT FROM FOX… “HUMAN TARGET” SEASON TWO PREMIERE MOVES TO WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, ON FOX
Season Two of FOX’s hit series HUMAN TARGET will premiere Wednesday, Nov. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Picking up from the heart-pounding first season cliffhanger, the new season of HUMAN TARGET kicks off with a bang as CHANCE (Mark Valley) and GUERRERO (Jackie Earle Haley) race to rescue their kidnapped associate, WINSTON (Chi McBride). Vowing to retire from the security business, Chance is lured back to work by billionaire philanthropist ILSA PUCCI (new series regular Indira Varma), who needs his protection after the mysterious murder of her husband. While on assignment, the team encounters AMES (new cast member Janet Montgomery), a beautiful, chameleon-like thief who has a past connection to Winston.

HUMAN TARGET returns to Wednesdays, where last season it ranked No. 1 in its 8:00-9:00 PM time period among Adults 18-49, Adults 25-54, Teens and Total Viewers.

Based on the DC Comics comic book and graphic novel, HUMAN TARGET is a full-throttle action drama centered on a unique personal security expert hired to shield those in danger from an imminent threat that cannot be solved through normal means of protection.

TV show supportHUMAN TARGET is a production of Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Wonderland Sound and Vision, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Television. McG, Matthew Miller, Jonathan E. Steinberg, Brad Kern and Peter Johnson serve as executive producers. Become a fan of the series on Facebook at www.facebook.com/humantarget and follow the series on Twitter at www.twitter.com/humantargetfox.

What do you think? Are you sorry the show’s been delayed? Do you think the new timeslot is a good thing or doesn’t matter?

Dick & Judy Hufford January 20, 2011 at 1:36 pm

PLEASE do not cancel our favorite show, Human Target! We have been loyal fans since it first aired last year and have enjoyed the addition, especially, of Miss Pucci. (I realize from some of the other comments here that some fans find the women distracting. Okay-if the reason Human Target has not been on the last 2 weeks because of the addition of the 2 gals-then axe them and keep our favorite guys on the air! Please don not cancel this incredible show!!!
PS I also have loved Mark Valley since his days @ DOOL’s.

Rotha January 19, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I love Human Target and I am disappointed that it has been delayed or canceled. I agree with the person commenting on the “reality shows”. I don’t watch them and I don’t want to see any more added to TV. Bring back Human Target as soon as possible.

Janice & Mike Ayers January 19, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Please don’t cancel Human Target. We love it. What day and time is it on? It is one of your best programs. PLEASE don’t cancel.

Joyce Tarnow January 18, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Please do not cancel…..I really enjoy the program….Good scripts; engaging actors.

Dean Hocom January 14, 2011 at 9:14 pm

My wife and I love Human Target and love the new season with the addition of the two females. A shame to cancel this show. It is a change from all the medical and lawyer and police shows. It has humor along with intrigue. What a shame if you let this show go.

Jamie January 13, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I waited all week for the next episode of Human Target to air; here we are Wednesday, turn to Fox at 8 pm, oh too my surprise, NO HUMAN TARGET airing! What in the world is Fox doing? Misprint in TV Guide, ok will be on at 9 pm? Are you guys for real? Did you really cancell such an AWESOME SHOW! Will you all get it together and put the show BACK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mimi January 13, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Please don’t cancel Human Target! My son & I love the show. I think it’s even better this season. I was so disappointed last night when it was pre-empted. I really was looking forward to watching it. The network should cancel some of that reality crap that no one cares about.

Ed Hamell January 12, 2011 at 9:25 pm

What the hell is up….I tune in for the two hour edition of Human Target and get the has been half baked comedy Raising Hope . A program which appears to be a less well written version of That Seventies Show with a much weaker cast…..I watched for about ten minutes hoping the programmers might realize their mistake…..As all the comments above stated this is an action adventure series…It is not a soap opera…it is not about a bunch of idiots trying to win a high school choir competition not is it another CSI knock off…Although I am a fan of most CSI knockoffs….I do agree that the addition of the two women has caused the program to become a little off. These characters need to be aligned with the existing cast to add to the flow of the program…….DON”T TAKE HUMAN TARGET off the air……

Demented January 13, 2011 at 8:29 am

What the hell!
Human Target is one of the better shows on TV right now. Why do good shows keep getting dropped? They better not drop this one too! I was very anoyed last night when I tuned in to watch it and it wasn’t on.

Steve Reinardy January 12, 2011 at 7:54 pm

I think it has done well on Wed. nights. I have seen every show this season. I know it was preempted on Jan.12, but they are going to air the episode next Wed. night, from what I heard. I hope Fox keeps it on the air, it is one of the best shows on TV.

Joy January 7, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Love this show!!! We watch it with our 11 year old, and even she loves it. It is far above the laugh-track nonsense she usually prefers, without the kissing and making out that make her protest. The only other shows we watch together are House and Bones.

Keep it around :)

Laura January 6, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I’m so tired of Stations cancelling good shows! Human Target is nothing but action who cares if everyone has a happy ending the show keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time! Stations dont give shows alot of breathing room. I dont know about you but I DVR everything! So who cares what night its on its going to get watched!! If I see one more “reality” show come on the air…If thats what they think people want they are soarly mistaken! Teenagers want reality the parents who pay the bill want ACTION, DRAMA, LAUGHTER! Come on people dont let them cancel another good show!

joseph herzog December 26, 2010 at 4:42 am

i recently bought the disc of season one and have became a fan, this program was watching a movie each episode. please do not cancel this show, it will make money, just give it a chance, (christopher chance)

Peter Upton December 19, 2010 at 4:04 pm

My wife & I really like this show and hope they keep it on the air. However, we find the addition of Indira Varma (Ilsa Pucci) a major distraction. The writing for this character is far too melodramatic and frankly just not a bit believable. I hope this show is extended, but without the Pucci character, unless she is made more in tune with the other cast members and be more believable.

Richard December 8, 2010 at 7:49 pm

My wife and I agree that they have ruined this show with the additional cast (the females).

jumpsuit January 15, 2011 at 8:48 am

I totally agree with Richard and his wife. The series was great until they changed the cast to include the two female players.
I now look forward to it cancellation– or the firing of the two female actresses and a return to the original format.

Jonathan Rodriguez January 15, 2011 at 11:47 pm

I agree.the 2 female additions suck for a number of reasons:There uninteresting,annoying,unnecessary,and there actresses aren’t American.No disrespect to all britsh people but I want american actresses in the shows I watch.These 2 women I could care less about them.

Kim Zander December 3, 2010 at 11:46 pm

Don’t cancel Human Target. I’m not really much into “action” series/movies, but I absolutely love this show – I’ve been a fan of Mark Valley’s since he played “Jack” on Days of our Lives. Love the character “Chance” and Mark’s smile is as seductive as Robert Wagner’s has been his whole career; and his eyes are gorgeous.

I like the story lines, it’s not completely the same ole, same ole.