Last Resort: What Did You Think of the Series Finale?

Last Resort series finaleThis evening, ABC airs the last episode of Last Resort — titled “Controlled Flight Into Terrain.” The network cancelled the Thursday night military drama after a short season of 13 episodes.

With low ratings, the writing was on the wall almost from the start. It was clear that Last Resort wouldn’t be getting a second season. Thankfully, ABC execs made their decision before the cast and crew had wrapped up filming, giving them time to change the 13th script and give fans some closure.

The cast and crew filmed the series finale in December and you can read some of their thoughts here.

If you missed the last episode, you can read about it.

Have you seen the series finale? What did you think of it? Are you satisfied that the show was given a proper ending?

Canceled and renewed TV show

133 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Georgia says

Absolutely best series . . . even better than Homeland. Too good to last, it seems since the networks continue to crank out the SOS dribble, like amature hour, reality shows and stupid sit-coms. I had suspected that there may have been pressure on the network to cancel it when the plot started to turn against the POTUS, probably consieered it too subversive, but it remained true to it’s story line right to the end. GOOD JOB, producers, writers and cast! Great wrap-up!

2. boned says

It was obvious from the beginning of this series that it hit too close to D.C. As it progressed it became quite clear that this great series was doomed under constant political pressure – perhaps the truth really does need to silenced…

3. Ed brown says

Good show. Sorry it didnt last but as shows which do die by the networks i feel they closed it out for me nicely. Usually it is decided after it all airs and we are left with a void.

4. Anon says

It’s abc show, what do you expect 10 seasons? smh.
    There’s a group on facebook called: Always Bet on Cancellations.

5. Ken says

As far as my reaction goes… I think the ending was rushed, hurried, and a poor attempt to ‘wrap’ things up. I LOVED the show and wished they had kept it and continued out the story in a normal sequence. OR… at least had done a 2hr finale show. Can’t understand why this network wants to kill top quality best and most enjoyable shows like this one was.

6. Bob says

This was the best show on TV. Great acting and edge of your seat suspense. Way to go ABC, maybe you can replace it with a reality TV show about redneck bug exterminators.

7. bONNIE says

Ditto to Jeff’s comments. At least an ending was provided and it wasn’t cancelled a couple weeks into the season. It was a quality show and at least we got closure. Too short a run but very enjoyable, intelligent, quality programming.

8. Mycroft says

Glad to see it go. The mistakes they made from day one were bad and they just kept on coming.

Point 1: Boomers (ballistic missle submarines) are not used for Seal pickups – that is one thing attack boats are for.
    Point 2: CIA plants a spy aboard a boomer? When did we become the Russian navy with political officers?
    Point 3: Use a Vulcan Phalanx to fire on a freighter? What are the writers – Nuts? The Vulcan Phalanx is an anti-missile weapons system. It does not know how to be used against a surface target. That is why the Frigate has a CANNON that shots SHELLS.

Worst show about the NAVY EVER.

And we still don’t know what the hell all this was about?

9. Julie says

Such a shame! This show was great. I wish networks would realize many of us are hungry for good programs. Bad call ABC!

10. sherry says

this was my favorite show, and when the captain died with the sub. i was fretting he would be written off……..now , i find out the show was cancelled..of course, i can watch some dumb show like honey boo boo or catfishing……have the producers lost their minds???????

11. says

Andre is one hell of an actor…even back on Homicide, LOTS…the show was so suspenseful it kept us on the edge of our seats…Sorry to see it end like that…All the crap that is on TV and a good show gets the ax! What a world!

12. cecilia says

I cannot believe my favorite show is cancelled… I always watched it online cause I was to busy to watch on tv… Wonder if a lot of ppl watched it online and that screwed the ratings :( all the actors were so good and it was so intense :(

13. Elaine says

I LOVED this show/ I thought it was the most realistic show on something that could unfold
    in the days ahead, or may have done so already/?
    But not sure what could have unfolded next? Glad it was on, I think it may have been a
    heads up to our Future. Sorry I had to end this way/ I think a HERO desires a better ending?