Last Resort: What Did You Think of the Series Finale?

Last Resort series finaleThis evening, ABC airs the last episode of Last Resort — titled “Controlled Flight Into Terrain.” The network cancelled the Thursday night military drama after a short season of 13 episodes.

With low ratings, the writing was on the wall almost from the start. It was clear that Last Resort wouldn’t be getting a second season. Thankfully, ABC execs made their decision before the cast and crew had wrapped up filming, giving them time to change the 13th script and give fans some closure.

The cast and crew filmed the series finale in December and you can read some of their thoughts here.

If you missed the last episode, you can read about it.

Have you seen the series finale? What did you think of it? Are you satisfied that the show was given a proper ending?

John January 26, 2013 at 1:20 am

Loved the show and Andre Braugher. I hate getting invested in a good series and then it get canceled. As some have said, at least it had an ending. As far as the quality of the ending, it was like somebody just tacked on an ending that had nothing to do with what I had just been watching. It is no wonder I watch more on the non-network channels. Consider me upset again with ABC.

tony boyd January 26, 2013 at 1:15 am

Best show since 24….abc finally gets a show that competes….clowns.

Cwd2128 January 26, 2013 at 12:58 am

Really bummed to see it cancelled. Made sure I watched it every week. Shame that good shows like this one couldn’t have lasted longer.

Anonymous January 26, 2013 at 12:33 am

Loved the show. Sad to see it go. Acting and storyline were amazing. I’m a female viewer who was a big fan.

Michele January 25, 2013 at 11:12 pm

My husband and I really liked the show and are sad to see it end. However, we are glad that there was closure unlike so many series in the past.

Bert January 25, 2013 at 11:11 pm

This was Great TV .. what is wrong with the boneheads At ABC… my whole Family was Hooked on this Fantastic show.. oh.. well I guess I’ll watch CBS.. now that they Cancelled Last Resort

Brent McIntire January 25, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I enjoyed this show very much and was very sad to hear it was done. The characters were interesting, well played and the entire series was a very political football. I feel it was so close to a possibility that is the reason for cancellation. I agree with some of the other comments as well as there was not enough sex, filth and stupidity to keep it on the air. Instead we get gays having babies, husbands and wives cheating on each other and mindless so called reality (really?) shows Instead it was thought provoking and actually left you thinking what if? Network, please rethink yor decision.

james January 25, 2013 at 10:27 pm

I liked the show. Sad to know it will be ended.

Atbr January 25, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Shame, great shows always get cancelled!

Rooster January 25, 2013 at 9:04 pm

We really liked the show and are sad to see it cancelled, they put on so many other worthless shows, then a good one like this comes out and it gets cancelled. Doesn’t make sense. We’re going to miss it. Great cast and story line.

Buddy January 25, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Easily the best new program of the season. Must-see TV each week. Will really miss it.

Ann Freed January 25, 2013 at 8:34 pm

I thought the finale was great. Great cast and good closure. It was a story that should have been a one season story. Anything longer would have to be different story line and therefore different show.

Ernest January 25, 2013 at 7:54 pm

As a veteran it moved me deeply watching the last moments of the captain as he went down with the ship. It struck a special nerve. And I guess I have to say If the show had to go down , the way it went out was fantastic. I am going to really miss that show. It showed the true character of people even in the military who find themselves in extraordinary circumstances. But I guess there wasn’t enough sexual content or senseless ranting about nonsense to make the show popular enough. “SAD”

David January 25, 2013 at 7:48 pm

This was just plain silly. My wife and i loved this series and thought it was along time since there has been anything like this. We were shocked beyond beleif. The ending was cut short and well , just couldnt figure out what the heck was going on. Very dissaspointed in the network.

Kristi Motley January 25, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Should bring last resort back next season. I did not think it was the USS Colorado that blew up. You can still manage to keep it going. Bless the fans with another season. I think it just came on at the wrong time. I always had to watch it on demand.