Longmire

TV series Longmire on A&ENetwork: A&E, Netflix
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: June 3, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Cancelled but later revived

Performers include: Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

current TV show

TV show description:
Set in Big Sky country, this thriller TV show is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson.

Walt Longmire (Robert Taylor) is the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. Recently widowed, Longmire is a man in psychic repair that buries his pain behind a brave face and dry wit. He’s known for his manners, strength, and old fashioned approach. His dedication to the law and his passion for the great West make him a desirable lawman.

Victoria ‘Vic’ Moretti (Katee Sackhoff) is the newest addition to the sheriff’s office. Leaving the homicide division in Philadelphia after five years, Vic is still adjusting to dealing with the locals in her new town. Her playful relationship with Longmire holds a deeper connection that allows her to be his most trusted deputy. Vic is out to prove she isn’t a rookie and to show she is capable and loyal.

Henry Standing Bear (Lou Diamond Phillips) is Walt’s lifelong best friend and a local bar owner. Henry is a handsome and charming Cheyenne who is fiercely protective of his tribe and serves as Walt’s go-between with the reservation. Being a business owner, he is comfortable with progress and modernity while maintaining a connection with his past, unlike his close friend.

Deputy Branch Connally (Bailey Chase) is a go-getter with blind confidence. He has political aspirations that often motivate him more than solving cases. His resentment toward Walt’s outdated approach further inspire him to run for sheriff, especially after feeling that he is picking up his boss’s slack. He wants to bring Absaroka County into the 21st century, and he longs to update the sheriff’s station with the technology that other law enforcement agencies use.

Another deputy, The Ferg (Adam Bartley), is a big guy with the heart of a puppy dog. He is loyal, sweet, well-meaning and eager to please. A gifted fly-fisherman who knows how to hunt and fix things, The Ferg has a long way to go as an investigator. Even though he may not be a perfect fit for the job, he is no coward.

Cady Longmire (Cassidy Freeman) is Walt’s only child and an attorney with dreams of the big city. After the death of her mother, Cady has taken it upon herself to help her father get his life back together. She is keenly aware of his imperfections and is the only one not afraid to point them out. Her straight talk and sense of humor connect this father-daughter duo even though they both tend to drive the other crazy.
space

Series Finale

Episode TBD
This TV show has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Are you a fan of the Longmire TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season on Netflix?

A Cole September 6, 2013 at 8:42 am

Longmire is a great show! Please don’t cancel it! Looking forward to seeing it again next summer.

Katherine September 5, 2013 at 8:08 pm

This is a great show and we never miss it – why is it not on the schedule for Thursday?

Kim September 4, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I love Longmire. It’s a quality show and Lord knows those are in very short supply. The networks need to remember that there are some people out there who don’t enjoy mindless reality tv. We like something to actually make us THINK! So, I’m hoping Longmire will be around for a long time!

Ken September 4, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Keep it, I love it

Mary September 3, 2013 at 5:05 pm

My husband and I love Longmire. The show is very interesting and has lots of twists and turns. We also appreciate the fact it does not promote bad language and nudity. We are avid watchers.

Deb Moody September 3, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I love Longmire. I enjoy watching the lives of these true to live people. I feel that canceling this show would be a huge mistake. Please re-nue!!!!!!!

jean and bob luke September 3, 2013 at 1:05 am

Our Monday nights are ruined without this series being on. When will it start up again?

admin September 3, 2013 at 6:10 am

Sometime next year.

margie tracy September 2, 2013 at 9:50 pm

I love Longmire. Please don’t take it off. It is in my opinion that it is one of the best shows on the air. I love all the people on the show. There are too many lousy shows that should be taken off but will not be because people are sometimes Idiots and they don’t know any better than watching a lousy show.

Gerri Rouane September 2, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Love the series! I am from Montana so love the mountains and meadows! Good acting and want much more of this good and smartly written show!! Thanks!

Mae September 2, 2013 at 6:02 pm

I really enjoy watching the Longmire episodes. I think the actors that play Sheriff

Longmire and Henry are the best but I enjoy the performance of all the actors.

I really hope the show will be back on next season and hope I can find out when it

will be on and on what tv channel. Please let lnow if it’s possible.

Mae

MARY HEINZ September 2, 2013 at 6:01 pm

I LOVE LONGMEIR SO MUCH. IT IS SO GREAT TO HAVE A SHOW THAT IS ENTERTAINING AND MAKES YOU WANT TO BE RIGHT THEIR EVERY WEEK. PLEASE KEEP IT UP!!!!!

Bernice Webster September 2, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Please don’t cancel this show, my husband and I are big fans and now that The Glades has been canceled with no resolution series I dread hearing that this is next. There are a lot of other shows that could be canceled, just not Longmire please.

KAY August 31, 2013 at 5:20 pm

LOVE LONGMIRE, I NEVER MISS IT AND IF I HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE, I RECORD IT, DONT TAKE IT OFF THE AIR, THERE ARE ALOT OF CRAPY SHOWS THAT NEED TO BE TAKEN OFF THE AIR

Nancy Klein August 30, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Great show……..each week I look forward to the next program and I can’t wait for the next season to begin!

Joyce Hanson August 28, 2013 at 10:12 pm

One of the best shows on TV. Keep it going!