Longmire

TV series Longmire on A&ENetwork: A&E
Episodes: 33 (hour)
Seasons: Three

TV show dates: June 3, 2012 — August 4, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

current TV show

TV show description:
Set in Big Sky country, this thriller TV show is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson.

Walt Longmire (Robert Taylor) is the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. Recently widowed, Longmire is a man in psychic repair that buries his pain behind a brave face and dry wit. He’s known for his manners, strength, and old fashioned approach. His dedication to the law and his passion for the great West make him a desirable lawman.

Victoria ‘Vic’ Moretti (Katee Sackhoff) is the newest addition to the sheriff’s office. Leaving the homicide division in Philadelphia after five years, Vic is still adjusting to dealing with the locals in her new town. Her playful relationship with Longmire holds a deeper connection that allows her to be his most trusted deputy. Vic is out to prove she isn’t a rookie and to show she is capable and loyal.

Henry Standing Bear (Lou Diamond Phillips) is Walt’s lifelong best friend and a local bar owner. Henry is a handsome and charming Cheyenne who is fiercely protective of his tribe and serves as Walt’s go-between with the reservation. Being a business owner, he is comfortable with progress and modernity while maintaining a connection with his past, unlike his close friend.

Deputy Branch Connally (Bailey Chase) is a go-getter with blind confidence. He has political aspirations that often motivate him more than solving cases. His resentment toward Walt’s outdated approach further inspire him to run for sheriff, especially after feeling that he is picking up his boss’s slack. He wants to bring Absaroka County into the 21st century, and he longs to update the sheriff’s station with the technology that other law enforcement agencies use.

Another deputy, The Ferg (Adam Bartley), is a big guy with the heart of a puppy dog. He is loyal, sweet, well-meaning and eager to please. A gifted fly-fisherman who knows how to hunt and fix things, The Ferg has a long way to go as an investigator. Even though he may not be a perfect fit for the job, he is no coward.

Cady Longmire (Cassidy Freeman) is Walt’s only child and an attorney with dreams of the big city. After the death of her mother, Cady has taken it upon herself to help her father get his life back together. She is keenly aware of his imperfections and is the only one not afraid to point them out. Her straight talk and sense of humor connect this father-daughter duo even though they both tend to drive the other crazy.
space

Series Finale

Episode 33 — Ashes to Ashes
After killing David Ridges, Longmire uncovers a clue that could prove that Ridges killed Miller Beck. Meanwhile, Branch is curious about a possible relationship between his father and Jacob Nighthorse.
First aired: August 4, 2014.

space
What do you think? Are you a fan of the Longmire TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Keith Davis November 19, 2013 at 12:20 pm

My Wife and I Love Longmire , This is the best thing since Peanutbutter and Jelly. We enjoy the Action and Adventure kinda keeps you on the edge of your seat . A 3rd – 4th 5th and 6th Season sounds Good . Keep Them Comming Please !!

Larry S November 19, 2013 at 10:46 am

I sure would like to see some new episodes of Longmire soon. I accidently found it just after season 2 started and I could not wait each week for the next episode. I am getting pretty tired of all the “reality” crap on TV. More well written and acted dramas/comedies please. Longmire for years to come!

Jody A. Stewart November 18, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Please do not cancel this show. It is great and I love seeing a show set in Wyoming as I was born in Laramie. It is a very good show and we love the characters.

brenda chambers November 5, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Longmire is a terrific series!!! We have just watched the complete season one having found it on Netflix. We are hoping the show will be continued on A&E so we can enjoy watching it there. The cast is great ,the writing sharp and witty. There should be more of this caliber of show on TV. My husband is a big fan also.
Thank you.

Brenda Chambers

Dennis November 5, 2013 at 1:16 am

I really love this show but as it goes you would rather put on people in NY or where ever biding on a locked door or picking up some poor persons car or truck just to see these people get all bent out of shape maybe that’s what the powers that be think is entertainment and as always they are wrong how you stay on the air I don’t know I’m not the only one who does not like so called reality tv I’m sure you pay these people to be on your network again why I get enough reality from real life I don’t want to come home and watch it on my Tv ………….Dennis

Ginnie November 4, 2013 at 11:55 am

I have really enjoyed the Longmire series, and have patiently been waiting all summer to see what happens next. This is a really good, down to earth series, with a lot less violence and bad language than most shows, Is that the reason it was canceled? If they don’t return, I am left with only 2 shows on your network. From there, it no 0

Dick November 2, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Great Show Cant wait to next season!

Judy October 29, 2013 at 10:10 pm

love the show, one of the few on tv that my husband and I love, and would HATE to see cancelled. the characters are so human and believable….way to go! Please keep up the good work

Marilyn England October 28, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Please put Longmire back on A&E. We enjoyed all the episodes that were on. Dennis and Marilyn England

Jim October 21, 2013 at 10:36 pm

I am a Casper native, I love seing the Wyoming liscence plates on a sieries. My wife and I are seasoned motorcycle riders, we tour all over and still enjoy the Bighorns more than most areas. I would enjoy being in an episode, I am not a professional actor but I am full of charactor, others call it something else. NEED AN EXTRA?

Ann Hart October 16, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Love The Show! Please Don’t Cancel Ever…

linda October 9, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Ya’ll know….you have so many “reality” trash shows on TV, along come something we can really enjoy…and BAM…you wanna take it off??? It is such a good show, funny, serious, entertaining. It is about the Am. Indians and their struggles, it is about a great, honest lawman who rules with compassion..And Lou…the best…KEEP IT ON…and the ending of last season?? You can’t just end it there…Kinda like another TV show…In Plain Sight…great show…cancelled because the powers that be decide what they want…Yea we need more Kardashians…NOT….

David Shupe October 7, 2013 at 11:56 am

Definitly one of or the best series of shows that are currently running on Cable or Network TV. I do not understand why A&E does not show re-runs of the second season but they continue to aire storage wars and duck dynasty over and over and over again. The most watched series in the history of A&E and they are not showing it. The only path that I can see making sense is they are preparing for the sale of the Season 2 DVD and want people to be very anxious to buy it. I have the first season on DVD and we have watched the episodes over and over repeatedly

Sharon H. October 7, 2013 at 10:37 am

I absolutely love, love, love Longmire. It’s my favourite show. My only complaint is that there are not enough episodes in the season. The characters are interesting, diverse and well rounded, the stories keep you wanting more and the whole feel of the show is one of quality in all areas and one of eager anticipation. Keep up the excellent work. I can’t wait for the next season to begin.

Anonymous October 5, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Love this show!!!! What happened? It suddenly wasn’t on!!!!!

Ray Rice November 1, 2013 at 3:03 pm

One of the best TV shows. Why cancel it? If not, when next program?????