Memphis Beat: TNT Close to Renewing Series for Season Two

Memphis BeatTNT is reportedly close to a sealing a deal to renew Memphis Beat for a second season. The cable channel previously gave a renewal to fellow freshman drama Rizzoli and Isles.

Memphis Beat follows a detective (Jason Lee) in Memphis who happens to moonlight as an Elvis impersonator. The cast includes Abraham Benrubi, Alfre Woodard, Celia Weston, DJ Qualls, Leonard Earl Howze, Robyn Lively, and Sam Hennings.

The series debuted on June 22nd to a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 4.33 million viewers. The numbers came down a bit after that and the 10 episode first season has averaged a 0.8 in the demo and about 3.6 million viewers. The season concluded on August 24th.

What do you think? Does Memphis Beat deserve a second season? Is it worth watching?

gin January 10, 2012 at 2:32 pm

My husband & I both love Memphis Beat being it back. We are old but count us in to bring it back

June January 7, 2012 at 6:22 am

Please bring this show back. It is my husband’s favorite. Wish you could have one more song in each episode.

betty woods January 5, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Dear God! The show is great…he’s terrific as is Alfre. So tired of having good stories and darn good actors and actresses have to give way to the inane shows that fill the networks. I try not to like anything too much because before you know it, it disappears! After the first Memphis Beat, I was, unfortunately, I was totally hooked! It’s so really really good…Jason Lee is fabulous…and Alfre…well, all the great words about her have been said. If I knew how to write a support letter to the right people, I would!

RareGem December 31, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Bring it back. Stories were good and loved the music featured on the show.

Sandra December 29, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Great show! Why was it cancelled? They seem to cancel the GOOD SHOWS! Is it coming back?

debi garden November 30, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Best show in a long time… love the story lines… love the music at the end when he sings….love it love it love it… Where has it gone?

Sydney October 22, 2011 at 10:58 pm

This is a great show. Please leave it on.

mike g October 22, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I agree with maria re reality shows and definitely want this program back!

maria October 22, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I love the show. It is so much better than the stupid reality shows that have taken over our channels. This is one of the best written shows, the actors are talented and entertaining. don’t blow it TNT, KEEP THIS SHOW!

linda October 18, 2011 at 11:18 am

Please leave this show on the air it is a really good show and it is very entertaining!

Bill October 6, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Good show please leave it on….

Richard Hardaway September 11, 2011 at 9:38 am

Please bring back Memphis Beat. Love that down home southern hospitality and the characters a so warm and friendly. One thing you could do is mix the songs with Jason Lee so we could hear him better. Good singer and actor. Really like that tall geeky character who plays the “third” banana and Jason Lee’s side-kick is excellent. Ditto their female boss.

We discovered the show late in the season and wonder where and when the re-runs are going to “re-run?!

Richard Hardaway
Formerly the “Voice of the California State Lottery”…(a very minor show biz dude myself HAW!)

JOYCE EVANS August 31, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Great show! Bring it back, please.

Donald Evans August 31, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Good show; leave it on.

Jerry Johnston August 30, 2011 at 1:45 pm

What happened to “Memphis Beat”.
I think it’s the best show that’s been on in a long time. How can I find out if it will continue another season