Merlin: Trailer Released for Season Two of Supernatural Series

MerlinThough the show attracted a devoted audience on NBC, it looks highly unlikely that NBC will be bringing Merlin back for a second season. Its ratings were anything but magical for the peacock network.

Fortunately for UK viewers, the show has been a success for the BBC. The first season of Merlin began airing in September of 2008 over there and ran through December. Soonafter, the network announced that a second season had been ordered.

Colin Morgan returns as the young sorcerer who must fulfill his destiny and protect Prince Arthur (Bradley James). Other regular castmembers include Anthony Head, Katie McGrath, Angel Coulby, and Richard Wilson.

The second season of Merlin is set to debut on Saturday, September 19th. In the premiere episode, an ancient and supposedly cursed tomb is discovered that’s filled with treasure. Meanwhile, a new servant named Cedric (Mackenzie Crook) is doing his best to supplant Merlin’s position as Arthur’s right-hand man and friend.

We may not get to see the episodes for quite awhile here in the US (perhaps on BBC America?) so here’s a little taste of what season two holds for the young magician.

What do you think? Look enticing or not up to snuff?

FREDERICK JOHNSON April 10, 2010 at 12:14 am

Merlin has not only been enjoying but a source of inspiration to yong aspiring actors in Africa especially in my Land Sierra Leone. We are desprately in anticipation for season three of this all but a sucess in cimatory.

Just a viewer March 9, 2010 at 11:57 am

NBC cancels almost everything, it has almost no use to follow a serie as it is aired by NBC.
I am also joining in the boycott of NBC.

Merlin Fan February 16, 2010 at 6:12 pm

I love Merlin!!!! You can watch season 2 ep. on sidereel, if (like me) you need something other than average reality T.V.

I am joining in the boycott of NBC, except for the Olymipics…..

MERLIN ROCKS!!!

Dorothy January 30, 2010 at 9:02 pm

This show was wonderful and I’m disapointed to hear NBC won’t be bringing Season 2 (or Season 3). But… it’s not surprising seeing how many things NBC skrews up. They skrewed up the Leno thing…. and they show stupid shows like The Office. They choose to not show quality shows like Merlin! Go Figure! That’s why they are no longer the leader among the networks.

Kathryn January 24, 2010 at 9:51 pm

This show is absolutely wonderful! I always anxiously awaited Sunday night when it was playing on NBC. Please bring it back for a second season here in the U.S.

KatieMcGrath December 18, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Yeah I basically agree with you guys except as I live in England it isn’t aproblem for me!!!I can only recomend that if you want more of merlin you join the merlin fansite that I am on, if you type in merlin tv show it will be the first result after the official site. Join and then hunt up KatieMcGrath and you will find me!!!

sarnet45 December 12, 2009 at 12:36 am

NBC continues to short change viewers. Every show I like, they cancel.

Barbara December 9, 2009 at 9:29 am

Another reason why NBC is where it is in station line up. Merlin was an excellent show, excellent acting, and with forward development could have been on TV for years considering the age of Merlin. Hopefully BBC will air here in the states.

Theresa Brandt November 26, 2009 at 7:22 pm

please dont cancel this show, I cant wait for it to come back on..a show that is different and not all cops and robbers..I love all this stuff

Trudio November 22, 2009 at 9:45 pm

I am very sad to hear that NBC will not be bringing back such an epic show such as Merlin. It is hard to find a well written, entertaining show; I always looked forward to Sunday nights to what Merlin would conjure up! I hope that another network will pick up Merlin or NBC will reconsider.

PATTY November 18, 2009 at 11:50 am

I have been waiting for season two, I just found out it has been cancelled. I think that is pretty
sad. They left us hanging, I really looked forward to it every sunday nite. I really like the characters and I wanted to see what happened with Merlin and Arthurs future. Please bring back
or at least to another network.

Shirley November 18, 2009 at 9:49 am

This show is a major treat. It was a must see for me. Supposedly NBC didn’t push it enough, and apparently the critical reaction – before it aired – was lukewarm. I can’t imagine why. It is excellently written, excellently acted, and a hoot. I badly want the second season.

Teresa November 15, 2009 at 10:18 am

I decided to try to find out if Merlin was going to return and am very disappointed to find out NBC isn’t going to carry it. The show was very engaging and entertaining — so unlike the reality junk they’re feeding us!! Hopefully, one of the other networks will decide to pick up the show!!

Peter November 14, 2009 at 3:29 pm

I’M BOYCOTTING NBC!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY CANCELED MERLIN. AWESOME SHOW LOOKED FORWARD TO IT EVERY WEEK. I’M IN AGREEMENT WITH THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS, ENOUGH WITH ALL THE REALITY CRAP! BRING BACK FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT.

Quincy November 11, 2009 at 10:39 pm

I agree with many of the other people that expressed their opinions on this forum. I am tired of these stupid brainless reality TV shows… same deal, different twist… I agree that family quality TV needs to return. Our society needs it desperately…