Miami Medical: CBS TV Show Cancelled; No Season Two

Miami Medical canceledThe latest medical drama on CBS is going the way of Three Rivers and NBC’s Mercy and Trauma. Miami Medical has been cancelled after one season on the air. However, there is some good news.

Miami Medical follows the exciting lives of a group of talented surgeons who work at one of the best trauma centers in the country. The Friday night drama features Lana Parrilla , Jeremy Northam, Omar Gooding, Mike Vogel, and Elisabeth Harnois.

The CBS medical series got off to a poor start on April 2nd with a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 7.59 million viewers. In week two, the numbers dropped to a 1.4 rating in the demo and 7.1 million viewers. Viewership has continued to tumble and thus far, the season has averaged a disappointing 1.3 rating in the demo and 6.7 million viewers.

To put these figures in perspective, Numb3rs’ season had better numbers — an average of a 1.8 rating and 8.27 million — and was ultimately cancelled.

Should Miami Medical have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

And now, like so many of the other medical dramas from this season, Miami Medical has been cancelled. There won’t be a second season.

On the positive side, the show was scheduled to finish its run tonight, leaving five of its 13 episodes unaired. But now, CBS has added some additional airdates.

Next Friday’s will be a repeat of the pilot episode. Then, original episodes will return on June 4th, paired with new installments of Flashpoint. The last episode of Miami Medical is expected to air on July 2nd.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Miami Medical’s been cancelled or should it have been pulled awhile ago?

Jimmie September 29, 2011 at 7:19 am

Bring Miami Medical back and get rid of ANY news program dealing with ANYTHING Obama related. Thanks

Anonymous September 16, 2011 at 5:10 am

Wondered where the went to. Guess the guys in suits like the shows with bad language and nudity. Cause that is all I can I ever find. I ususally end up turning off the t.v. Find a show of interest and it gets canceled. Hope the actors keep on acting they wre great, even if the suits did not think so.

richard September 6, 2011 at 2:29 am

je suis très très déçu que cette émission n’aura pas de suite,pour une fois qu’on voyait autre chose que des séries policière à la télé.J’aime bien les séries policière mais il y en a peut-être un peu trop

Anonymous August 16, 2011 at 10:50 am

I LOVED THE SHOW AND IT WASN’T GIVEN A CHANCE. CAN’T BELIEVE THE SHOWS THAT ARE GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE AND A THIRD. TOO BAD!!! THIS WAS A GOOD ONE.

Mary August 14, 2011 at 2:24 pm

All the decent well-rounded shows with true heart and spark of reality get the boot which is a shame…most of television anymore is worthless and insulting to the viewers. This show was one of the intelligent few. Disappointed to search it out waiting for the next season and discover cancellation based on percentages. I guess shows that can make an impact are above the intellectual level of television viewers.

Anonymous August 7, 2011 at 7:06 am

love it.nice

Jessica July 31, 2011 at 10:37 pm

I hate the fact that they canceled Miami Medical. It is one of the best shows around and if CBS was smart they would see thatalot of people want the show back.

David July 29, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Best show. Loved it. Hate to see it leave!!

Chad July 17, 2011 at 12:44 pm

I am real bummed, i really liked the series, it was somewhat new and fresh. I would hope they’d bring the series back.

Mae July 12, 2011 at 5:03 pm

I love this show! Why cancel? =(

Max Coutinho June 29, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I loved this show and it is a shame that they cancelled it. The actors are top, the plot is fabulous and they keep me glued to the screen.
CBS: BAD DECISION!!!

Trina June 29, 2011 at 12:59 am

OMG! I was sooo upset after reading this! I’m just NOW watching this series via the net, but I CAN’T understand how they could flush this series!! GREAT screenplays, VERY real looking traumas, and it had a the feel of ER, CSI, and HOUSE all in one!! What a waste! I am glued to the screen and finishing ALL the eps in a row – just to HONOR this awesome show!
To the actors…keep at it in your fields! U GUYS ARE AWESOME!!
Lovin’ it Like McDonalds here in COLD-Ass CANADA!

crystal June 25, 2011 at 6:12 pm

flashpoint sucks bring back miami medical.

Valerie Evans June 23, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I loved the show, great story line, and Lana Parilla was outstanding! Bring it back! there’s NOTHING good on Friday nights now :(

Phillis June 17, 2011 at 5:48 pm

I loved the show and the actors were great bring back the show