Miami Medical: CBS TV Show Cancelled; No Season Two

Miami Medical canceledThe latest medical drama on CBS is going the way of Three Rivers and NBC’s Mercy and Trauma. Miami Medical has been cancelled after one season on the air. However, there is some good news.

Miami Medical follows the exciting lives of a group of talented surgeons who work at one of the best trauma centers in the country. The Friday night drama features Lana Parrilla , Jeremy Northam, Omar Gooding, Mike Vogel, and Elisabeth Harnois.

The CBS medical series got off to a poor start on April 2nd with a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 7.59 million viewers. In week two, the numbers dropped to a 1.4 rating in the demo and 7.1 million viewers. Viewership has continued to tumble and thus far, the season has averaged a disappointing 1.3 rating in the demo and 6.7 million viewers.

To put these figures in perspective, Numb3rs’ season had better numbers — an average of a 1.8 rating and 8.27 million — and was ultimately cancelled.

Should Miami Medical have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

And now, like so many of the other medical dramas from this season, Miami Medical has been cancelled. There won’t be a second season.

On the positive side, the show was scheduled to finish its run tonight, leaving five of its 13 episodes unaired. But now, CBS has added some additional airdates.

Next Friday’s will be a repeat of the pilot episode. Then, original episodes will return on June 4th, paired with new installments of Flashpoint. The last episode of Miami Medical is expected to air on July 2nd.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Miami Medical’s been cancelled or should it have been pulled awhile ago?

naokojapan January 14, 2013 at 7:27 am

I just started to watch this show on a cable channel and really liked it. I cannot believe this show has been cancelled and that there’s no more episodes after the first season. What’s wrong with this? I prefer this show rather than “Dr. House,” where the unusual cases of patients got too complicated with the leading character and storyline too twisted.

Erin December 12, 2012 at 8:20 pm

They should hae kept Numb3rs!!! That was the best show ever and now its gone :(

meity June 19, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Please bring back miami medical, it’s a good medical drama.. No way to leave it that way, we are looking forward to hear the remake of miami medical season 2. As a doctor, I am totally in love with miami medical serial movie. Bring it back…

Briytany June 18, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Bring it back. It was such a good show!

nadiabejaoui June 10, 2012 at 4:47 am

please bring back miami medical because it’s one of the best medical series and we love it

Sergio Rodrigues March 30, 2012 at 5:05 pm

The best medical serie airing in Portugal. Grey’s Anatomy is too dramatic and too much into the personal lives of the characters. Miami Medical was focus into real medical situations. I’m a nurse and just loved the show. Too bad it was cancelled. Hope it comes back and with the same actors.

kelley March 23, 2012 at 4:06 am

I’m a nurse and Miami medical was an awesome show!!!! Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!??????

Mom of 3 January 30, 2012 at 7:55 pm

I am so disappointed that Miami medical was cancelled. This was the best medical show since E.R. I really hope that the producers reconsider :-)

vins January 6, 2012 at 8:42 am

it was an incredible show! i miss it and canot believe how it was not popular. i would love to have it back.

Rica florea December 30, 2011 at 4:33 am

best show ever seen by me

cath December 26, 2011 at 1:23 pm

THIS IS THE BEST MEDICAL SHOW EVER!
BRING IR BACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK! THE STORYLINE IS AWESOME. THE CHARACTERS ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL AND PERFECT! BRING IT BACKK!

Raymond & Barbara Smith November 30, 2011 at 7:59 pm

We really liked this show. It was a great approach to the usual “soapy” hospital shows. We still miss it.

Carol Landsberg November 23, 2011 at 1:48 am

This show when aired in South Africa did not have much pre-advertising, so when I discovered it by mistake I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have been looking for it to come back on the air, and now I google it and find that it is cancelled. What a shame, it is just as good, if not better than Private Practice and/or Greys Anatomy. I loved the characters and everything about the show.

Jamie November 3, 2011 at 10:56 pm

My 10 year old daughter absolutely loved this show. She was very disappointed that it was cancelled.

Silvia October 16, 2011 at 4:21 am

Best medical show ever!!! Bring it back!!!!