No Ordinary Family: ABC TV Series Cancelled; No Season Two

No Ordinary Family canceled season twoThe Powells may have super powers but they weren’t strong enough to save their TV series. No Ordinary Family has been cancelled after one season on the air.

No Ordinary Family revolves around suburban family who, while on vacation, crash into Amazon River and gain special abilities. The cast includes Michael Chiklis, Julie Benz, Autumn Reeser, Jimmy Bennett, Kay Panabaker, Tate Donovan, Christina Chang, and Romany Malco.

The drama had a decent debut last September with a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.69 million total viewers. Unfortunately, the ratings didn’t stay at that level and dropped by 16% in week two and then 15% in week three. The numbers kept declining and went as low as a 1.2 demo rating and just 4.26 million viewers in March.

Should No Ordinary Family have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The network cut the episode order but it was already clear by that point that the show was finished. ABC pre-empted one installment and bumped the penultimate episode to Saturday nights, an evening when few are watching. The first season of No Ordinary Family ended up averaging a 1.8 in the demo and 6.4 million viewers, making it one of the lowest dramas of the ABC season.

TV show supportABC has now officially cancelled No Ordinary Family. All 18 episodes have aired. Hopefully, at some point, the producers will share what they had planned for the future of the series.

What do you think? Are you disappointed that there won’t be a second season for No Ordinary Family? Why do you think the series didn’t catch on?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our ABC cancel/renew page.

jessica January 15, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I love no ordinary family and was really looking forward to a season 2!

Latisha January 15, 2012 at 9:08 am

After reading other responses the problem is not the show. Those who watched on their preferred method (I love netflix because thee are no commercials and I dont have to wait a week for the next episode) absolutely love it. Now that I know what it offers I’d be willing to watch weekly.

Please bring it back.

Latisha January 15, 2012 at 8:59 am

Omg I cant believe this show has been cancelled!!! Admittedly I never watched until it showed up on netflix but after spending a great Saturday watching the full series I am heartbroken there will be no episodes! I hope ABC rectifies this! Or at the very least another statin picks it up.

What an interesting, well thought out show. I would hate to not be able to see more episodes.

noordinaryfamilyrocks!!!!!!!:)sad it stops:( January 13, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I love no ordinary family i agree bring it back on!!come on people.Im waiting

Michael Hill January 12, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Loved the show also just watched the whole season on netflix and absolutely love it!

Kim Jackson January 10, 2012 at 6:17 pm

This was an excellent family show and never should have been cancelled. It’s a shame our society is addicted to such poor series that is regularly aired on tv, when something like “No Ordinary Family” is what every family should be watching. Just another reason to change the channel and stop watching regular tv and put in a dvd! Should the series return to regular tv it will be a reason to turn the tv back on!

P.S. Some of us still have so many questions left unanswered…. What was George’s special powers? What happened with Katie and Joshua and the baby? Did the baby have powers? What happened to all the plane crash felons? And what did the government want with the Powell’s? See, there are so many more interesting episodes left to write and there are still people who prefer tv for the family without sex, drugs and moral depravity.

CC January 8, 2012 at 1:00 am

They need to bring this show back, my family and I love it!!!!

Chantal January 6, 2012 at 8:47 am

We loved this show. The whole family watched it. We though the season finale was great and couldn’t wait to see how the family would cope with all those new demons. Very disapointed!

Heather January 5, 2012 at 12:43 am

This is a great show. I guess a positive show about families is never a good thing when so many families are falling apart…so continue putting crap on TV…good job!

Tony December 30, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I too just finished watching this on netflix and loved it. Great acting , and even better story.

jason snith December 28, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I love this show. like the other comments, i have just start to watch it on Netflix. Even though it did not get enough ratings, its still a good tv show. there should be a channel of tv shows that do not get enough ratings. so that way all the tv shows that dont get enough ratings be on there. i think whoever cancelled the show, should look into bringing it back on the air. there are two things that make me mad about this situation.one, the show may never air again. and two the people that cancelled the show well probably not look at these few comments and realize that there is still people out there that enjoy this show. but i know. not enough people like it. well thats all i got to say. oh and one more thing i want to say to all the people that were on this show. good job.

nicole December 28, 2011 at 7:26 pm

I just watched the entire season on netflix this show is awesome! I cant believe they cancelled it!

laura December 22, 2011 at 5:48 pm

i just started to watch this show on Netflix and i really like it!!! :(

CarolAnn V. Peterson December 15, 2011 at 4:44 pm

We just watched this whole series on Netflix, and I cannot believe it is not going to have a second season… maybe the problem is that you should have moved it to the Family Channel, because this is one show I actually can watch with my children and still be entertained. I am very disappointed that this was not given a chance to make a come back.

jeff December 5, 2011 at 7:16 pm

ABC You have rocks in your head. This show had some real promise. You have made a major mistake in cancelling this show

noordinaryfamilyrocks!!!!!!!:)sad it stops:( January 13, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I agree more like brain tumors.