Perception

TNT TV series PerceptionNetwork: TNT
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: July 9, 2012 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Eric McCormack, Rachael Leigh Cook, Arjay Smith, Kelly Rowan, and LeVar Burton.

past TV show

TV show description:
This TV show revolves around Doctor Daniel Pierce (Eric McCormack), an eccentric and brilliant neuroscience professor. Unfortunately, his mind is also damaged and he suffers from paranoid schizophrenia.

Pierce struggles with hallucinations and paranoid delusions brought on by his schizophrenia. Oddly though, he considers some of his hallucinations to be a gift. They occasionally allow him to make connections that his conscious mind can’t yet process. At other times, the hallucinations become Pierce’s greatest curse, leading him to behave in irrational, potentially dangerous ways.

Still, he’s recruited by FBI agent Kate Moretti (Rachael Leigh Cook) to help solve complex cases. Pierce has an intimate knowledge of human behavior and a masterful understanding of the way the mind works. He also has an uncanny ability to see patterns and can look past people’s conscious emotions to see what lies beneath. Kate is Pierce’s former student and, unlike her colleagues, she’s willing to look past his peculiarities.

Pierce’s mental condition and offbeat manner make it difficult for him to achieve the close friendships and intimate relationships he craves.

Those close to him include Max Lewicki (Arjay Smith), his teaching assistant. Max’s primary job is to keep Pierce in line and on task, whether that means grading midterms or laying out his boss’ wardrobe for the day. Natalie Vincent (Kelly Rowan) is Pierce’s best friend and every bit his intellectual equal. Paul Haley (LeVar Burton) is the dean at Pierce’s university and one of his few friends.

Pierce is in his element when solving an intricate puzzle or a coded message. But in unfamiliar situations, he can quickly become overwhelmed, and only his favorite music and a crossword puzzle have the power to make things right again.
space

Series Finale

Episode –
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: –

space

What do you think? Do you like the Perception TV series? How long do you think it should continue?

Dashen September 25, 2012 at 7:15 am

Great show, hope it doesnt get cancelled

Barbara September 24, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I enjoy perception. I do want it to continue. The acting is superb and the
story lines are always interesting and surprising. Love it all!

joanne September 24, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Perception is my #1 favorite show on TV. It is engrossing and highly entertaining, while at the same time offering a sympathetic view of people with mental health issues. Just because you’re crazy doesn’t mean you’re not intelligent and capable. I am so glad it has been renewed. Please join me in supporting the network and sponsors. Rock on TNT!

Edgar from Singapore September 23, 2012 at 7:40 am

I just watched the season finale of Perception and I do have a question, one of the clues that led Dr. Pierce to his conclusion about the senator’s wife , was that the Senator could not take Salmon , and he said it was because of Coumadin. However, my dad has been on this anti-coagulant for 6 years now, and salmon is not one of the food that he is not allowed to eat. I’m not sure where the writers got the idea that salmon was one of the “no-no” foods for a person taking Warfarin (Coumadin).

Jeanne strand September 22, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I think this show is great. My husband and I Love it and watch every week! I think it gives good information about mental health issues for everyone.

Lorraine September 21, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I Think this show is great, It looks at people with mental health a little different , lets us see what they go through and not to judge them as some of us do . Schizophrenia is
challaging for these people. They can be very sweet at time, confused have paranoia and hallucinationtions. They go through very hard time and we need to understand this . This show gives us an understanding of what they go through as well as other mental health problems people have , the show is great. It should stay on the air Maybe It will give the mentally Ill HOPE.

Anonymous September 20, 2012 at 10:57 am

I cant get enough

Pat September 19, 2012 at 6:45 am

I love this show, so happy that it is not cancelled. Love the finale last night.
So, looking forward to the next season!

Jacque September 18, 2012 at 6:16 pm

TERRIFIC show !!! Clever AND entertaining…..should NOT be cancelled.

Judy September 14, 2012 at 6:36 am

Love it. Please don’t cancel. It’s brillliant.

SubtleTees September 11, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Mental-health issues are real and this show has a platform to help those that are still ignorant. (To me: Being stupid is the inability to learn, being ignorant is the refusal to learn.)

This show should remain on the air until there is no longer ignorance as to the severity of issues pertaining to ALL mental health issues in today’s society.

This show is quite informational and thought provoking. It is: SMART TV, which seems to be an oxymoron, based on real science as known – pertaining to the human brain. Meant to be entertaining and yet happens to be “informative” in the dramatization of the life (lives) of the characters portrayed.

It seems that many people just don’t “get” SMART TV. Hmmm… I am wondering if a person doesn’t understand a TV show, are they too dumb for TV? ‘…Now I am wondering just how dumb a person must be to NOT understand a television program?… Now I am wondering how dumb are politically-minded people to not “get” the teaching moments in REAL news out-takes of the two major parties in the US? I thought both of those news clips were BRILLIANT, visual examples useful in helping to understand (teach) about medical condition of some people’s brains. Non biased, just factual…Now, I am wondering why political discussions talking about those “leaning” to the left OR those “leaning” to the right, cannot hear (see) that they (both) are off balance?

Now, with my child-like mind…I am wondering/thinking: Should dumb people have smart phones? A child asks: “Aren’t all crimes hate crimes?” How do you answer that child?

Ken September 10, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Great show!!! We love it and so do our friends. It is always a topic of discussion at my school where I teach. Keep it going!!

Pat September 3, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Please continue this series. The show is well-written, fast paced, riveting, and humorous. I look forward to watching it each week!

Derek Avis September 1, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Great Show. Where can I buy the identical Large brown leather messenger bag Daniel owns on the show.
Cant find it anywhere on the internet I want one so bad.
Please help
Thanks Derek

admin September 2, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I’ve tried to find out but haven’t had any luck. Sorry!

Diane August 31, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Love this show. Please don’t cancel. This is far better than the reality shows.

Sharon September 3, 2012 at 7:09 pm