Perfect Couples: NBC Sitcom Officially Cancelled, No Season Two

Perfect Couples canceled season twoNBC pulled low-rated sitcom Perfect Couples last month after running 11 of the 13 produced episodes. Now, they’ve officially cancelled it.

Perfect Couples follows the lives of a trio of young couples. Dave (Kyle Bornheimer) and Julia (Christine Woods) are the “everyday couple,” who are messed up in all the “normal” ways. Vance (David Walton) and Amy (Mary Elizabeth Ellis) are the high-passion, high-drama pair. Rex (Hayes MacArthur) is a reformed party guy and Leigh (Olivia Munn) is a self-anointed relationship guru who considers it her duty to mold the others in their image.

The NBC sitcom was given a sneak peak back in December and that generated a terrible 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 3.56 million viewers. A month later, the second episode brought a much-better-but-still-mediocre 2.1 rating and 4.15 million. Most apparently didn’t like what they saw since the numbers quickly started falling and the final episodes fell as low as a 1.0 rating in the demo.

Should Perfect Couples have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Perfect Couples ended up averaging a 1.4 demo rating and only 3.07 million viewers. It was one of the lowest-rated series on the network but still ended up besting the show that replaced it, The Paul Reiser Show.

TV show supportThe Reiser program was quickly cancelled and now Perfect Couples is joining it in television heaven.

There are two episodes of Perfect Couples left unaired and NBC hasn’t indicated any plans to air them. If you’re a regular viewer, you have already seen the last episode produced. That ran on April 7th and is titled “Perfect Wedding.”

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a second season of Perfect Couples go? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our NBC cancel/renew page.

tee P May 21, 2011 at 9:04 pm

this show was hilarious. but this country is littered with donkeys who would rather watch Minute to Win it so i cant say im surprised. Is that garbage on every night? Community is trash.

Yo May 20, 2011 at 7:52 am

Best show i know couples just like that

Nicki May 19, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Why???? I loved this show!! it was so funny and sarcastic! I really hate when shows are cancelled, especially good ones! Now I just have to sit here and be bothered by the fact that I will never know what would have happened to the characters! Ugh!

Morris May 19, 2011 at 12:00 pm

This show was hilarious! The writing was always on point! What is NBC thinking? Obviously, they are not. But, I’d bet they will make room for yet another lousy reality show! DUH!

Marisa May 18, 2011 at 10:01 pm

This BS I swear there are a bunch of seniors running NBC! This station is so out of touch.

andrea May 18, 2011 at 9:22 am

I really loved this show…I hope they at least air the two unseen episodes.

geronimo orosco May 18, 2011 at 7:43 am

I loved the show it just was in a bad time slot come American idol was on at 8 to 9 n perfect couples is on 830. I saw disaster. But they should show last episodes

oobaka May 17, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Another great show not given a chance.
I guess NBC needs to make room for another brainless reality show like Biggest Loser, The Voice or Apprentice

Suzy May 17, 2011 at 3:35 pm

So sad. :(

Misse May 17, 2011 at 12:40 pm

This show was great, very funny. It never got a chance, and never had any real publicity. They put the least amount of effort promoting this show and expected fireworks. Give it a freaking chance!

MK May 17, 2011 at 12:20 pm

They always cancel the best shows! Meanwhile, vapid bullshit like “two and a half men is still airing???”

G.V. May 17, 2011 at 11:08 am

Why??? At first I hated this show. But after the one with the gay friends I loved it! I rewatched the whole thing and loved every single episode.
Is there any chance another network will pick it up? Like scrubs… (probably not, i heard the actors were already doing new projects, are they?)
At least it gives me one more show to mention in the “cancelled to early” category.

geo May 16, 2011 at 8:38 pm

What a joke..That show was pretty good…unreal.

Lauren May 16, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I loved this show!! I have no idea why it didn’t catch on. I am not sad to say goodbye to Outsourced though

Jeremy Rynek May 16, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Yep this sux too. Why cancel it now? But what ever honestly.