Prime Suspect: Ratings for the 2011-12 TV Season

Prime Suspect ratingsHere are the ratings for the Prime Suspect TV series. A tough-as-nails NYPD homicide detective who works to uphold the law while fighting discrimination and dis-trust in her own department. The first season of Prime Suspect typically airs on Thursday nights at 10pm on the NBC network.

These are the TV show’s ratings for the 2011-12 season, the best way to tell if Prime Suspect is going to be cancelled or renewed for season two. Check out our NBC ratings report card to see how this show’s numbers compare with the others on the network.

Final season averages: 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.61 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Sunday, 1/22/12 (series finale)
0.7 in the demo (-11% episode-to-episode change) with 3.6 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.19 in the demo with 4.61 million.
Demo average rank: #14 of 16 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-12: Sunday, 1/22/12
0.8 in the demo (-20% episode-to-episode change) with 4.31 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.23 in the demo with 4.69 million.

Episode 01-11: Thursday, 12/22/11
1.0 in the demo (+11% week-to-week change) with 4.44 million; second in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.27 in the demo with 4.72 million.
Demo average rank: #11 of 13 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 12/15/11
0.9 in the demo (-31% episode-to-episode change) with 3.70 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.3 in the demo with 4.75 million.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 12/01/11
1.3 in the demo (+18% week-to-week change) with 4.69 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.34 in the demo with 4.87 million.

Episode 01-08: Thursday, 11/17/11
1.1 in the demo (-15% week-to-week change) with 4.34 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.35 in the demo with 4.89 million.
Demo average rank: #10 of 13 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 11/17/11
1.3 in the demo (+8% week-to-week change) with 4.86 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.39 in the demo with 4.97 million.
Demo average rank: #9 of 13 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-06: Thursday, 11/03/11
1.2 in the demo (+9% week-to-week change) with 4.51 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.40 in the demo with 4.99 million.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 10/27/11
1.1 in the demo (-15% week-to-week change) with 4.03 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.44 in the demo with 5.08 million.
Demo average rank: #8 of 11 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 10/13/11
1.3 in the demo (-13% week-to-week change) with 4.6 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.5 in the demo with 5.34 million.
Demo average rank: #8 of 11 scripted TV shows currently on the network.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 10/6/11
1.5 in the demo (0% week-to-week change) with 5.04 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.6 in the demo with 5.59 million.
Demo average rank: #8 of 11 scripted TV shows currently on the network.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 9/29/11
There was no better news in week two. The new TV series attracted a poor 1.5 in the demo with 5.69 million. That’s a decline of 17% in the demo and the show already couldn’t afford to lose any points. It’s looking like this may be one of NBC’s first cancellations of the season.
Season average: 1.6 demo with 5.87 million.

Episode 01-01: Thursday, 9/22/11
Though it looked like it would be one of the stronger shows on the NBC schedule, the viewers don’t seem to agree. The first episode registered a disappointing 1.8 in the 18-49 demographic and just 6.05 million viewers. It was in third (last) place for the timeslot. What’s more, many viewers turned the program off before the episode finished. That’s not a good sign for next week.

On a positive note, Prime Suspect outperformed last season’s non-celebrity version of The Apprentice by 20%. That’s not much of a consolation though since that edition was a certifiable bomb.

What do you think? Do you like the new Prime Suspect TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

diane February 13, 2012 at 11:48 am

Why do you cancel good shows and put on reality shows and more talk shows? No wonder my dvr hasn,t many NBC shows as for your news shows thumbs down. Please leave the good shows alone. I love PrimeSuspect!!!! I hope Harry’s Law isn’t next.

Anonymous February 13, 2012 at 10:03 am

I’m shocked to hear that this show is or could be cancelled. Maria Bello is terrific . The humour and pace of the show is always enjoyable. I cried and cried the espisode when she found the 3 year old. I was searching for it last week which made me look on line. I’ve never been this hooked before.

Linda K February 12, 2012 at 12:06 pm

One more reason not to watch NBC and leave the TV permanently on CBS…if only the network would have promoted Prime Suspect like it does some of that other stuff they call comedy, they would have had a winner…no wonder you look to CBS and PBS for quality shows.

Anonymous February 12, 2012 at 9:12 am

Please don’t cancel this show like my other favorite show’s were canceled, Off the Map, V, Detroit 187, the Closer……you put these shows on then cancel them….

Anonymous February 10, 2012 at 10:32 am

Noooo! I love the characters interactions. Don’t cancel this show!!!

Cheryl P. February 9, 2012 at 11:37 am

I loved this show! And that must be the reason it was cursed, because every show I like gets cancelled. First Chase, and now Prime Suspect. The networks don’t give a show a chance to find a following (especially if they move the show around so much you can’t find when it will be on). Give the intelligent shows a chance – they will find their audience!

Diane H February 8, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Prime Suspect is one of the new shows this season I really liked, I do think the time slot may have really been the problem. Hope NBC decides to keep it.

Mary February 8, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Finally a series so good you anticipate the next episode. A series I count on being on because it is so good. Maria Bella is sharp, funny, smart, awesome, and the rest of the cast works well with her character. I thought I had finally found something good on prime time tv. They drive us back to cable tv by cancelling this drama that I just love. Its Criminal Intent all over again. Reconsider and bring it back.

Chris February 7, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Renew it! it’s a great show! Maria Bello is awesome! Please renew it!!

Anonymous February 6, 2012 at 6:32 pm

This was such a fabulous show with a wonderful cast and great story lines. Maria Bello was absolutely fantastic. This show finally brought real drama back to TV with an amusing twist. It was the only show that I actually looked forward to seeing each week. I don’t understand how it can be cancelled. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!

kathy February 2, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I absolutely love this show! All the characters have good story lines and I look forward to it every week. Please bring it back!!

Anonymous February 2, 2012 at 4:52 pm

what a shame – I really enjoyed this show

Adrienne Marble February 1, 2012 at 10:04 am

This is one of the best detective series that has ever been on TV. I’m late and didn’t realize it had been cancelled and I am so dissappointed. Of all the crap on TV and you get this fabulous cast and you cancel the show. What are you thinking? The network executives didn’t give it a chance. Bring it back now! This show was intelligently done. It was riveting and Maria Bello was superb. I couldn’t believe there were such stellar actors as supporting. Please, please reconsider your decision.

Jo Spencer January 31, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I love this show. I don’t know why they can’t just ask the viewers what they think. It is always the same, keep the crap and cancel the good ones. I am very weary of “Reality” shows, want more like Prime Suspect and Harry’s Law. Shame on NBC.

mary ann ashworth January 29, 2012 at 11:55 pm

this has been one of my favorite shows and since there are so many not so good shows I certainly hope you will reconsider and renew this series. For those of us that can’t get out much the good shows are what keeps us looking forward to the next day