Psych: Season Eight Renewal for USA TV Series

Psych season eightShawn and Gus are staying on the case. Psych has been renewed for an eighth season on the cable channel. The news was announced this evening by USA’s Senior VP of Research, Ted Linhar.

Season seven will begin airing on February 27, 2013. The cable channel renewed Psych for 16 episodes back on January 10th of this year.

There’s no word on how many installments have been ordered for season eight but all but the first season have had 16 episodes each.

An official press release is expected to be released in the next few days and will likely include some additional details.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Psych has received an early renewal? How long do you think this show should continue?

Canceled and renewed TV show

12 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Diana L. says

Always planned on Saturday night reruns. Please do not discontinue this show. It could go on forever with the right scripts!

2. Diana L. says

PLEASE continue with the series. Not much to view on Saturday so always looked forward to Psych reruns. I love this show!

3. says

I have enjoyed watching the show. I ran across it 7 years ago and I guess I haven’t missed a single episode, even with a busy schedule. it has become something my daughter and I can talk and laugh about. I know all good things must come to an end. But I would really like to see an 8th season.

4. Steven says

I don’t think I have watched a single episode on cable. I don’t have cable. Even so, I must have seen the whole series (minus Season 7) at least 5 times on Hulu, Netflix or some on iTunes. Easily in my top 5 all time favorite shows. Right up there with Seinfeld and the Simpsons.

5. Marilyn Steel says

What was with the “Son-of-a-*******” on tonight’s show (May 8). I watch the show
    for the mystery and humor, but there is nothing funny about those words.

6. Big Mike says

Hell Yeah Psych is one of the best shows on tv today. I hope they renew the show at least another year to surpass Monk. When they do deciede to end the show, I hope they give the show a proper ending. I figure the end game for this show is that Shawn confesses that he is not a real Psychic.

7. FeliciaDayFan says

I’d love them to keep renewing it, it’s a great show. But more than anything, I’d like them to keep to a regular schedule. I can’t help thinking they must be losing viewers because they leave such long gaps between seasons, sometimes I feel that they take their viewers for granted a little.