Psych: USA TV Series Returning This Summer for Season Five

PSYCHUSA has announced the return of Psych, their successful TV series that’s currently the longest-running series on the cable channel.

The TV show’s renewal was first announced back in November 2009. Season five kicks off on Wednesday, July 21st. Here’s the official release from USA…

USA NETWORK’S LONGEST RUNNING ORIGINAL SERIES ON-AIR “PSYCH” PREMIERES ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 21 AT 10/9C
USA’s Characters Continue to Team Up and Fill the Weekday Grid with the Coolest Shows on Any Television Network – Broadcast OR Cable
Comedic Genius John Michael Higgins and Emmy-winner Jean Smart to guest on Season Five

NEW YORK, NEW YORK, May 7, 2010 — USA’s current longest running original series on-air, PSYCH returns as part of the network’s summer weekday block of USA original series. PSYCH will premiere on WEDNESDAY, JULY 21 at 10/9c.

Continuing to deliver powerful, weekday blocks of originals, USA promises to maintain its position as the destination for the most exciting summer shows starting with ROYAL PAINS and BURN NOTICE in June, followed by WHITE COLLAR, COVERT AFFAIRS and culminating with PSYCH on July 21. Guest stars this season will include John Michael Higgins and Emmy-winner Jean Smart amongst other great names.

PSYCH is one of the seven original series that made USA #1 in basic cable for four years in a row and broke all records as the #1 original series premiere in 2006. This fan favorite stars James Roday as police consultant Shawn Spencer who solves crimes with powers of observation so acute the precinct detectives think he’s psychic. With help from his best friend and reluctant sidekick, Gus (Dulé Hill) and his father, Henry (Corbin Bernsen), they continue to solve the mysterious and often bizarre crimes of the Santa Barbara Police Department. Also starring Timothy Omundson, Maggie Lawson and Kirsten Nelson.

PSYCH is executive produced by Steve Franks, Kelly Kulchak and Chris Henze, with Universal Cable Productions in association with Tagline Pictures. Mel Damski serves as executive producer and director. Saladin K. Patterson and Bill Callahan are co-executive producers/writers.

The fourth winter season of PSYCH was the most popular season of the hit series in P18-34 ever. It averaged 823,000 of those viewers. It was also the youngest median age in the history of the series.

USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 98.5 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.

USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to the return of Psych? Is the show as good as it was in the earlier seasons?

Anonymous August 7, 2013 at 5:09 pm

I love psych and i been watching that show
Seens it came out i hope they bring it back

Doris Blanford March 28, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I have been truly enjoying the show because it was a family show. Now Sean is shacking up rather than marrying and that spoils the entire thing. What ever happened to supporting family?

J March 14, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I have been watching the new season. Did they change the writers? Not funny like before. I wish they could have maintained the momentum of the past. Now no Monk, and no Psych.

barbara July 27, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I love this program the two lead characters are great they play off of each other better than anyone I’ve see in a long time. keep them together and on the TV

Angela July 18, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I love the show it is very funny,I always look forward to seeing it. I hope they bring it back, why is it when they have a good clean funny show you don’t know much about it’s furture. Please bring it back.

Latoya May 20, 2011 at 5:47 pm

hey guys.. i am a neophyte at this sort of thing.. lol.. however,, i share the sentiments expressed by the people above.. this show is off the hook .. i love monk but now that he has been given closure… i am not left in a boat… i has shawn and gus and the whhole team to keep me alive… this is what i can honestly say this show is VERY ADDICTVE.. keep it coming ppl :) good luck guys … hope to see u in season 10 lol

Kalista April 30, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I am sooo glad that Psych is returning!! I love this show!!! I used to cut my plans short to come home and watch it!! Or record it and watch later on!! Way to go USA network!!!

Dianne September 7, 2010 at 9:13 am

I love the show. I hope it stays around for a long time. Its funny, original and sometimes suspenseful…. with a twist.

Cyn S June 28, 2010 at 10:32 am

I LUV Psych they took Monk from me-now its Psych that keeps me goin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kalista April 30, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I know!! I loved Monk!!

Samantha June 2, 2010 at 8:22 pm

I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES!! JULY 21ST IS A SPECIAL DATE IN MY HEART!

Donna Scalise May 22, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Psych is my favorite show! I also loved Monk but it was time for him to “retire”. If Psych continues to be like it has been then I am a fan for the duration. I hope it does not become dark and serious. All the comical banter between characters is what makes it so lovable and so fun! Thanks!

Joyce May 17, 2010 at 9:04 pm

I am soooo excited that Psych is coming back. I think the show is funny, original, entertaining, etc, etc. It should stay on for at least 10 years or so. Thanks for renewing it.
Yeah!!

Kathryn June 14, 2011 at 12:48 pm

I am thrilled that Psych is coming back for a fifth season. Each season keeps getting better. Thanks U.S.A. I hope it never ends.