Romantically Challenged: TV Show Officially Cancelled, No Season Two

Romantically Challenged cancelledWord leaked out late last week that ABC’s new comedy, Romantically Challenged, had been cancelled. Alyssa Milano said that the news was premature and rallied fans to save it. The fight is now over.

Romantically Challenged follows a group of friends who have a hard time in the romance department. The sitcom’s cast includes Alyssa Milano, Josh Lawson, Kelly Stables, Kyle Bornheimer, Camden Palmisano, and Sierra McCormick.

The sitcom got off to an okay start with a 2.9 rating in the all-important 18-49 demographic and 10.67 million viewers. Unfortunately, the ratings fell for future episodes and the TV show continued to lose a large percentage of the Dancing with the Stars lead-in audience.

When news of the likely cancellation leaked out, Milano and others connected with the show encouraged fans to call the ABC audience feedback line. They also asked supporters to send photos of themselves with signs of support.

Milano was touched by the efforts and wrote, “Your efforts on behalf of the my show has reiterated why I love my job. I hope you know that it is your faith and support that keep me going even in the hardest times. The words ‘thank you,’ never seem enough to convey my gratitude. Just know, from the bottom of my being, that you guys give me strength and I appreciate you.”

Despite the campaign, ABC has now officially pulled the plug. The show’s staff wrote to fans, “We wanted you to hear it from us 1st. We are heartbroken to report that #RomanticallyChallenged has been cancelled… officially.” And then, “We can’t thank you enough for all of our efforts in keeping us alive. We love you, #RomanticallyChallenged Army.”

What do you think? Should Romantically Challenged have been renewed for season two?

not important December 31, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Alyssa is awesome. I think many would watch the show if it
were more widely publicized and people knew about it. I didnʻt even
here about it until a few days ago. Bring it back! PLEASE

Jess November 25, 2010 at 12:04 pm

BRING IT BACK!

I love this show!!!

Jenn November 22, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Bring it back! We want to see more Alyssa !!

Julie November 11, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Yes bring the show back! I loved it!

oshane September 1, 2010 at 8:09 pm

thats not fair, i love the show and it shouldnt be cancelled if all u people rather watch randome people dance with stars thats just sad. i mean u already know whats gonna happen. they go in dance and the judjes say yes or no randomely for dramatic reason.
i loved alyssa in charmed and i loved her in ummm oh yeah, romanticly challenged. im done writting.
ps. alyssa m. rocks, go pheobe

Jennifer August 18, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Show sucked! And Alyssa HATES her fans, very rude lady!!

Anonymous August 17, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I thought the show was really funny and I liked watching it. I think it should come back!!

Mary July 25, 2010 at 10:24 pm

My daughter and I think this was an awful decision. The show was light hearted, cute and it was nice to see Alyssa Milano back on TV. Sick of reality shows or shows for tweens, teens and early twenties….all of us have TV and we need some diverse programs. Need shows for 40-65 yrs of age. Not reality but good, funny, family values type shows. Please stop canceling shows like Romantically Challenged. Also, start getting some new dimensional programs. Our age group does exisit:)

sarak77 July 24, 2010 at 7:37 pm

I just found out due to being under a rock since April. Oh well, this sucks!!!

carla July 19, 2010 at 7:00 pm

It was the first sitcom i actually laughed at. It was the first decent sitcom that was not reality tv. I’m SICK of reality TV! Bring it back, give it a better time slot!

LK July 19, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Was a great show…should have tried it in a different time slot!

Tall Guy July 10, 2010 at 6:22 pm

This show was funny as hell and deserved to be on a lot longer than just a month. I think the majority of people’s taste is in their arse.

Alicia July 6, 2010 at 12:55 pm

I’ve loved Alyssa since the Who’s the Boss? and Commando years. You don’t even realize how thrilled I was to see her back on the screen. I’m so bummed that the show was cancelled. I thought it was funny and nothing like anything else on TV right now. She is so beautiful and can’t wait to see what she does next. Guess I’ll remove my DVR season pass now :(

Theresa Simon July 4, 2010 at 2:10 am

Actually the show was quite boring. I didn’t think it was goingvto take off.

Meli June 23, 2010 at 5:15 pm

I want the show back!!! I watched each episode and waited for the next, but it never came. I was so mad. My family loved the show–BRING IT BACK PLEASE!!!!!

Miley September 27, 2010 at 1:48 pm

bring the show back! im serious! it was my favorite show..it was hysterical..everyone in my family loved it…..we kep t waiting for the next one and it never came. tear tear )':