The Firm: To Be Cancelled on Saturdays Too?

The Firm canceledIf you need proof that The Firm is doomed to be cancelled by NBC, you just have to look at the show’s ratings. Not only did the new legal series bomb on Thursday nights but it’s currently being trounced on Saturday nights as well — airing opposite CSI: New York repeats, 20/20, and FOX’s forgotten Q’Viva! The Chosen reality series.

The ratings for The Firm have been so poor that one had to start wondering if NBC might bump the series off the Saturday schedule as well. Well, that’s what they’re doing — at least for one week.

This week’s episode of The Firm has been replaced by a rerun of the 90-minute premiere of Fashion Star (which debuts tonight). That will be followed by an encore of the first episode of Betty White’s Off Their Rockers, which first aired in January. Rockers returns to the NBC schedule on April 4th.

On March 24th, NBC has slotted an episode of the USA Network series Fairly Legal at 8pm, a slot that had been filled by reruns of Smash. The network hasn’t announced which episode of Fairly Legal will air but the season two opener (which will run this Friday on USA) seems likely.

The network is shaking up their Saturday night schedule and if they can come up with better numbers than what The Firm has been getting, the legal drama could easily be off the schedule for good. NBC has aired just 10 of the show’s 22 episodes thus far.

What do you think? Are you still watching NBC’s The Firm? Do you watch the episodes on Saturday nights, on demand or online? Would you be upset if NBC pulled it for good?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,150 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Larry says

I have watched all the episodes, I am sorry to hear the ratings have not been much better. I am disappointed to learn that the show is being cancelled. It has been one of my favorites. I view or dvr each week.
    Anyone else on cable interested in picking it up? A la Friday Night Lights?

2. angeljan says

I so looked forward to each episode. I didn’t like the way it started always leaving you hanging and only showing a small part of “THE FIRM” story each week. Even with that said, each defendent case that was shown each week was suspenseful. I really hate to think that it would go off the air. Please, if there is any chance….keep it going!!

3. Nancy says

I have been watching every episode of The Firm. It is an incredibly written show that extends the original story. I don’t miss it, if going out I DVD it so I get to see it. The actors are great. The suspense is superb to keep you guessing for what happens next. I can’t believe you still have episodes and are not going to show them. Those of us that watch it deserve to see the rest of the episodes as we are loyal watchers. If not on TV, then at least show them on the copy of the season 1.
    If you advertised it by including the author and that an extension of his book, it would attract more people. Everybody involved really deserves a second chance. Please consider that as many of us have asked.

4. Maria says

OMG! My husband and I watch it every Saturday-and if we know we will not be home-we DVR it. I agree with Phyllis-they take all the good shows off and put these stupid sitcoms on. I hope they see how much we all love this show and they will leave it on!

5. Maria says

My husband and I love The Firm. We DVR it if we know we will miss it. Please do not take it off the air. We will be very disappointed

6. says

I love The Firm. I have been watching it from the beginning following the show through all it’s time changes. I enjoyed watching it on Saturday nights, the best show onSaturday night. It seems all the enjoyable shows are cancelled such as Harry’s Law. Well I guess the station just lost another viewer.

7. elroy christopher says

great show, family set a side time on Saturdays to see this show The firm. I guess we will not be watching this network for a while. One of the best shows ever. Taking the Firm off is a mistake!!!!!!!

8. Shawna says

My family loves the firm..We were looking forward to the next season then heard it could be cancelled.. I hope you do not cancel it.. oh and if you cancel harrys law… bad choice also… Keep them Both..

9. phyllis mcmahon says

seems to me they take all the good shows off,and leave the terrrible one’s on I loved the firm, and harry’s law. you should think twice about camncelling these shows.