The Game: It’s FINALLY Official! BET to Produce New Episodes!

The GameAfter having to endure nearly a year of rumors and false hopes, fans of The Game are finally getting the news they’ve been waiting for.

First airing on UPN, The Game began as a spin-off of the long-running comedy, Girlfriends. The series centers around a first year medical student (Tia Mowry) who chooses to follow her pro-football boyfriend (Pooch Hall) to San Diego. Others in the cast include Brittany Daniel, Coby Bell, Wendy Raquel Robinson, Hosea Chanchez, and Barry Floyd.

In September, news surfaced about the show being revived but nothing happened. In October, there were more rumors but still nothing happened. Then, in November, the cast reunited on The Mo’Nique Show. Promos showed the host asking the cast if The Game was coming back but that portion was edited out of the final broadcast without explanation.

Last month, a much stronger rumor about The Game’s return surfaced with the show’s stars insinuating that an actual announcement would be forthcoming.

Today, BET made it official. The Game will be coming back in the last few months of this year.

There’s no definitive word yet on how many episodes have been commissioned or if some or all of the castmembers will return. We’ll keep you posted as details become available.

What do you think? Did you think that this day would ever come? Would you still be happy if all of the actors weren’t able to return?

Michelle January 30, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Is there an official website or blog or anything for The Game fans to chat?

Diane Jackson January 12, 2011 at 5:58 pm

I am so glad the game is back, and I like the new people on the show. I think everyone should come back that needs to.

Faith January 12, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Couldn’t wait till I saw The Game omg this is just the show

CG in TX January 12, 2011 at 11:40 am

I think TT is gonna be Malik’s downfall and I’m not liking the new direction Malik is going toward…………I heard this morning that Melanie is preggers in real life so now I see the baby’s mama’s pitting their child against one another for Derwin’s affection………..I hope Foxy comes back around (I loved that he told Tasha….”I heard there was going to be a wedding at your house & I said ‘Not without me’….”) Kelly & Jason will find there way back together. All in all, I will be watching the new episodes and am so glad that BET saved this show.

Jackie January 12, 2011 at 11:08 am

I loved the show. I did not want the baby to be Derwin’s baby though.
It was good!

Michelle January 30, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I still don’t believe it’s Derwin’s baby. Remember what Malik said to Derwin when he (Derwin) was trying to talk to Malik and Jason about it. Malik said that something wasn’t right and why would Melanie lie about the baby being his when she knew he could have the baby tested, and also remember the Dr who told Janay about Melanie and McHottie when Derwin was with them on their visit for Janay’s check up? How did Janay get the results so fast? Someone did them for her. I believe the test was altered. The first time Melanie’s friend did it the test was right, so I still don’t believe it’s his. Think about.

EM January 12, 2011 at 12:38 am

I love the show as well, thank you BET for hearing the people and bringing us something we can watch with our head up high and not be embarrassed of the show…The first episode was very good I made sure everyone I knew tuned in!!

iceist January 11, 2011 at 9:16 pm

the game is so funny.And i am watching it write speaciali tosha is so funny when she was on the new episode.She said when she was on the phone with kelly she said i will go of on u kelly.That was funny!i am so glad it is on fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinaly!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????.i luv the show and i watch it every time.im luvin it.byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.have a nice day.the favorite funniest is tosha,mealine.mealikia and derwin.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Irene January 11, 2011 at 8:05 pm

THANK YOU BET, FOR BRINGING MY FAVORITE SHOW BACK!!! JANUARY 11 CENTRAL TIME. WATCHING IT RIGHT NOW. WOHOOOO!

stella henry January 10, 2011 at 10:35 am

I am throwing a party the night of the new show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rsvp everyone has accepted *****
what a gooooooooooooooood show love entire cast what energy they bring i am so excited !!!!!!!!!!!

John January 10, 2011 at 9:56 am

This show was FAWKIN great! I’m so glad it’s back! I hope they don’t eff it up!

julie281103 January 5, 2011 at 7:52 pm

The show needs all characters to work. This is my favorite show of all time. Everybody is so funny. Also, all the men are beautiful, THAT HELPS!!!!

Thank you fro bringing it back!!!

Julez

Tammy January 3, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Sweet! I luvvvvvvvvvvvvv this show and I am very happy

Curlie January 2, 2011 at 8:46 pm

happy happy happy

Curlie January 2, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I knew it would be back. It was just that good! Can’t wait for all the updates. Love this show.

PS: I would also like to see “Girlfriends” come back. Both of these shows inspire folks, both young and old. This is what TV needs, positive “reality”, because sometimes good stuff happens in life.

YAHOO, you’re back………Go Game!

Geosqt January 2, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Sooooo glad it’s back. LOVE this show. Btw, what happened to Kelly? Yikes…