The Gates: ABC TV Show Cancelled; Stars and Writers React and Thank Fans

The GatesAs expected, ABC has cancelled The Gates after one season on the air. The ratings certainly didn’t dictate a second season and a couple weeks ago, series star Frank Grillo said that he’d heard unofficially that the show wouldn’t be back.

Though even actress Lindsay Lohan wanted to see it return, it’s now been confirmed that The Gates has indeed been cancelled. Some of the people connected with the show have tweeted about the series’ passing.

From the show’s Twitter feed comes, “We would like to thank our followers for sticking with us through this great journey.”

Gates creator Richard Hatem wrote simply, “Thanks to everyone who loved it. DVD set to be released…someday?”

Consulting producer and writer Robert Hewitt Wolfe tweeted, “Thank you to #TheGates fans, crew & cast for a great run. It was a blast. Seriously some of the best fans ever.” He later posted, “4 sale, lux devlpmnt/incrprtd town w/ upscale owners, prvt police/fire, exclnt school, occasional mysterious death”

Colton L Haynes wrote, “Was a great/fun experience and thk u all for coming along for the ride!. He followed that up with, “THE GATES cast and crew: thk u all for the good times! Learned alot and had a great summer with u all! Cheers to the future!” and posted this photo with #ripBrettCreski. Wolfe responded, “Sob… Too young!”

The GatesJames Preston looks forward to the future, tweeting, “No worries gates fans follow us on to our new exciting roles!” Travis Caldwell echoed that sentiment, saying, “its all good more to come from all of us !!!”

Justin Miles wrote, “We gave em a hell of a run, though…” Janina Gavankar feels similarly, saying, “Sad. But we’re incredibly proud of what we made.”

Young McKaley Miller tweeted, “thank you guys for all the support!! seriously, y’all are awesome!! #TheGates is officially over, but it was such a great experience!! TY :)”

Andrea Powell wrote, “Thanks for all the love, fans of #TheGates. We’ll miss you! :-*”

Rachel Dipillo wrote, “We had a fun ride on The Gates. Love everyone I worked with and can’t wait to see what you do next! #RIPLEXIEWADE”

Grillo tweeted, “Thanks to all of you for supporting us. It made the whole thing worth it. Lots more fun stuff coming.” Grillo also said that he’d share what would have happened in the second season. After son Charlie is saved, Nick and his family would have stayed in the Gates community. The Radcliffs decide to take a break from one another. Leigh becomes the head of the police and Nick takes over the Gates board and oversees the community.

What do you think? Are you sorry that The Gates won’t be back for season two? What would you have liked to see happen?

BigShay318 November 24, 2012 at 2:14 am

OMG! I am so maddd right now! I just finished watching “The Gates” on Netflix! Which by the way I love BOTH… I Dnt understand why such a great show on ABC, can be cancelled while they continue to air other TV series that r not even worth watching! I can say that I do not watch my television. Just like other people that are too busy to tune in! so TV rating dont mean shit! Because their are so many other ways we can watch them now… Plz air season two of the “The Gates” I LOVED THE FIRST ONE AND THE CAST WAS TOO DIE FOR! ;(

tim November 23, 2012 at 9:09 am

I was very upset to hear that there was no 2nd season. This Story was Very well played out by all of the cast. Of course the writers deserve a lot of the credit as well. I believe that this was one of the best new age shows in the last 10 years. Hope that you get the chance for another season soon.

Jess November 21, 2012 at 10:29 pm

im so so so unbelievably pissed there’s no 2nd season! I just got done watching it on netflix and could not waittttttt to look for the second season! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH abc is so ridiculously stupid for cancelling it; that was defffffinitely way better than all their others.

Amy November 23, 2012 at 3:04 am

I just finished watching it on Netflix as well. I can’t believe this was cancelled! I want to what happens!!! :(

Ted November 21, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Since abc apparently can’t see what a good show they had .I say pitch the idea to syfy.It would be a perfect show for syfy.

Tasha Cooper November 21, 2012 at 2:51 am

I was really looking forward to seeing what happened next, I thought the actors were great and I loved the idea of all the different creatures living together in the community. It is unlike anything I have ever seen, I was just bragging to my husband about that. Oh well what a waste.

raphael November 20, 2012 at 8:26 am

i cannot believe its happening. my dream has just been shattered. i kept on castling of what would happen in season 2. it seems it will not. i will not stop waiting for something good to come from the GATES. AM waiting…………………………….

Alisha November 11, 2012 at 6:09 pm

That really sucks that there isnt a season 2 , i really liked it :( . Please bring it back .

angie November 9, 2012 at 11:19 pm

I fell in love with this show the first day the 1st episode came out, and I wondered y it was taking so long for second season! This is ridiculous this show is great ! Please bring it back, it also has a terrific cast of characters

T Keen November 10, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Just finished the watching on Netflix and I love it. Please bring it back it is unlike any other show on tv.

Anonymous November 9, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Anonymous November 1, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I agree this Show needs to come back i think its one of my favorite series on netflix

Wendy October 29, 2012 at 9:56 am

Wow is great show i hope you can do a session 2

melissa yepes October 27, 2012 at 9:25 am

OMG!! THAT IS SUCH BULL . I WAS WAITING FOR THE NEXT SEASON.. NEED TO BRING IT BACK ON THE AIR

Jenny October 23, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Loved the show! Wish there were more seasons! Why does abc cancel shows so quickly???

stacy p October 22, 2012 at 1:41 pm

i am extreamly displeased that this show was cancled ! this show in my opinion was way better then those such as the vampire diaries,the walking dead and grimm ….i think you people should give this show one more chance ! the rateings will go up ! you just have to advertise more ! …thank you sincerlystacy p.

Anonymous October 23, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I agree 100%! Sorry I just found this show, but I love it!!!

Cm October 21, 2012 at 10:36 pm

I found this show on netflix and loved it. It would be nice to see this show brought back for the those who love shows like this. Seeing the end to season one was wonderful and yet so disapointing for the continuence was cancelled. I am devistated that it was canceled so quickley. Please bring it back where it was left off!