The Gates: ABC TV Show Cancelled; Stars and Writers React and Thank Fans

The GatesAs expected, ABC has cancelled The Gates after one season on the air. The ratings certainly didn’t dictate a second season and a couple weeks ago, series star Frank Grillo said that he’d heard unofficially that the show wouldn’t be back.

Though even actress Lindsay Lohan wanted to see it return, it’s now been confirmed that The Gates has indeed been cancelled. Some of the people connected with the show have tweeted about the series’ passing.

From the show’s Twitter feed comes, “We would like to thank our followers for sticking with us through this great journey.”

Gates creator Richard Hatem wrote simply, “Thanks to everyone who loved it. DVD set to be released…someday?”

Consulting producer and writer Robert Hewitt Wolfe tweeted, “Thank you to #TheGates fans, crew & cast for a great run. It was a blast. Seriously some of the best fans ever.” He later posted, “4 sale, lux devlpmnt/incrprtd town w/ upscale owners, prvt police/fire, exclnt school, occasional mysterious death”

Colton L Haynes wrote, “Was a great/fun experience and thk u all for coming along for the ride!. He followed that up with, “THE GATES cast and crew: thk u all for the good times! Learned alot and had a great summer with u all! Cheers to the future!” and posted this photo with #ripBrettCreski. Wolfe responded, “Sob… Too young!”

The GatesJames Preston looks forward to the future, tweeting, “No worries gates fans follow us on to our new exciting roles!” Travis Caldwell echoed that sentiment, saying, “its all good more to come from all of us !!!”

Justin Miles wrote, “We gave em a hell of a run, though…” Janina Gavankar feels similarly, saying, “Sad. But we’re incredibly proud of what we made.”

Young McKaley Miller tweeted, “thank you guys for all the support!! seriously, y’all are awesome!! #TheGates is officially over, but it was such a great experience!! TY :)”

Andrea Powell wrote, “Thanks for all the love, fans of #TheGates. We’ll miss you! :-*”

Rachel Dipillo wrote, “We had a fun ride on The Gates. Love everyone I worked with and can’t wait to see what you do next! #RIPLEXIEWADE”

Grillo tweeted, “Thanks to all of you for supporting us. It made the whole thing worth it. Lots more fun stuff coming.” Grillo also said that he’d share what would have happened in the second season. After son Charlie is saved, Nick and his family would have stayed in the Gates community. The Radcliffs decide to take a break from one another. Leigh becomes the head of the police and Nick takes over the Gates board and oversees the community.

What do you think? Are you sorry that The Gates won’t be back for season two? What would you have liked to see happen?

Pippy December 27, 2012 at 1:13 pm

It has gotten major publicity now. It would make sense to bring it back.

Pippy December 27, 2012 at 1:09 pm

What goin on w charlie.wats in lee’s box.. wat r they goin 2 do w devon. is there any hope for andie and charlie. I NEED 2 KNOW THESE THINGS PEOPLE! WHY WHY WHY! PLEASE BRING IT BACK SO I DONT RIP MY HAIR OUT TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WATS GOIN ON. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:((:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(: I WILL KEEP FROWNING UNTIL THEY BRING IT BACK! I BEG OF YOU! I KNOW IM ONE PERSON BUT A LOT F PEOPLE WANT THE SHOW BACK. R U JUST GOING 2 LET THEM DOWN!?

Al December 24, 2012 at 5:15 pm

what an amazing show!!! Great actors and great storyline…. I just finished watching it on Netflix and I was so disappointed to find out there is no Season 2 =(

How can u do this to us! Am up ths late to finish up watching season 1 just to google and find thea is no season 2?? I LOVED it more than Vampire diaries! U have to give us season 2 please. December 24, 2012 at 4:44 pm

We need the gates season 2!

Pippy December 27, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I agree with u 100%

Terry December 23, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I watched this show all day on Netflix. I think it was poor marketing because the show was awesome!

Lisa December 22, 2012 at 10:43 am

Hey just finished watching the first season of (THE GATES) stayed up all night watching it. the show was great i would rate it up there right along with vampire diaries, what were you guys thinking about when you cancelled it. you really need to bring it back. REALLY ABC ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!

gates fan!!! December 17, 2012 at 6:48 pm

The gates is an amazing series and I would love a season 2 it’d get better reviews if there was more advertising. This show is so much better than half the crap still on television. I don’t see what the problem is many and I mean many people want this series back!!! I’d rate it right up there with the vampire diaries. Please bring it back:)

Jenn Gilbert December 16, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Wow. ABC must really be competing with FOX on which one can cancel the best series. The Ringer on FOX and The Gates for ABC. Really! Why? The Gates was awesome! Thanks Netflix for having the series so i could catch up on the episodes that i missed. No thanks to ABC for cancelling a great show.

glenn leech December 12, 2012 at 11:37 pm

this was a great show. started watching it on netflicks and when i got to the end. so sad to find out there was no season 2. great show i think the problem was that no one knew about it. ABC needs more advertising. Never see anything to much in tell its over for them. but for me at first the story was a little weak but i found my self hooked and i love that everything moved fast (not dragging thing on). very cool i would loveeee to see this show back but i know that they would not do that. but wish they would have leaked what would have happened if there was a season 2. thanks guys for the great show.

Hope December 11, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Found this show on netflix and was totally hooked. I mean this show is def better then many series I have watched like “Dawson’s Creek”, really…
WHAT HAPPENED TO CHARLIE??? Is there any hope for a season #2??

Anonymous December 11, 2012 at 9:48 pm

I was just looking up the gates to see if it was Still on, and I am now too sad to see there isn’t another season!:( this is the grown up more organized version of the vampire shows! I mean I love vampire diaries but the gates is also nice to watch!bring the gates back!

Jade December 10, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I also found this show on Netflix and it was indeed a great show. I was waiting for season two. Now I’m just sad and disappointed that the show is canceled. If you were to ask me, I’d say bring on The Gates season 2!

j vill December 5, 2012 at 11:36 pm

My family found the show on netflix & got hooked. We are extremely dissapointed it got cancelled. The characters n story was great. wonder if it was just the time, day & network. Maybe bring it back on sci-fi. Wish it could continue some how.

Larry December 2, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Yeah what a Bummer; I felt like it was the grown up version of all of the teen vampire, shows out there. Just finished whatching the first season and LOVED it!!!ABC what were you thinking?????

Shelbygt November 28, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Seriously another kick ass show that ABC has cancelled!! Soo mad I just finished watching the first season on Netflix got completely hooked just to find out there will be no second season!! Plz bring this show back ABC!!

Travis November 30, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Me too! I literally just finished watching the first season and searched for season two only to find out it was cancelled. Bummer.