Trust Me: TNT TV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

Trust MeTo little surprise, TNT has cancelled their low-rated drama, Trust Me. Despite having two former network stars as the show’s leads, the series never took off.

Trust Me revolves around a fictional Chicago ad agency. Tom Cavanagh and Eric McCormack play co-workers and friends whose relationship changes when one of them gets promoted. Others in the cast include Geoffrey Arend, Sarah Clarke, Mike Damus, Griffin Dunne, and Monica Potter.

The show debuted on January 26th of this year, following TNT’s successful The Closer. It attracted 3.4 million viewers, losing about half of its lead-in’s audience. The second episode dropped to just 1.9 million viewers and things got worse from there. The network began airing episodes in double doses by mid-March and the last two installments ran on April 7th.

McCormack obviously saw the writing on the wall and signed on to a new ABC pilot last month. Now, TNT has made it official, announcing that Trust Me won’t be returning for a second year.

The network’s executive VP and head of programming, Michael Wright, believes that Trust Me was a creative success but just couldn’t find an audience.

Melissa September 7, 2009 at 6:42 pm

I am very upset! I enjoyed watching this show..I don’t understand why these Networks bring new series out, and end up canceling them after the first season! I will miss this show :(

Monica September 3, 2009 at 8:43 pm

I loved both actors and I thought this was a good show. I hate that it’s gone.

jiban antezana September 1, 2009 at 12:21 pm

soy creativo en una agencia de publicidad y no puedo creer que esta serie tan genial y loca sea cancelada, esta serie es verdaderamente real por que muestra la relidad del mundo de la publicidad y las personas que trabajan en ese mundo, ademas de divertirte con un humor latamnete creativo, podrias ver una maraton de trust me y no te aburres, ojala que los productores de la serie le den una segunda oportunidad.

537 August 30, 2009 at 1:22 am

I loved it , it was a good show. It makes me sad that it is not returning. Maybe if a lot of people buy the season on dvd it might come back, just with a few different actors. I also think it wasn’t given a chance.

sally August 19, 2009 at 8:46 am

My friend and I work for an ad agency and “trust me” was so right on. First got hooked on Mad men which is awesome, but more like a soap opera and moves slow. Trust me was so funny and fast paced. I could have watched 4 hours straight without being bored. I don’t think they gave it enough time, you had to get to know the characters…
Any chance of some other station picking it up?

Susan August 17, 2009 at 10:26 am

Bummer…..loved the show!!!!!

cherish July 30, 2009 at 9:40 pm

now thats a absolute bummer..! wonder if theres any hope of it being shifted to another network.. getting primetime and doing better TRPs… they gotta work out something..! this was a genius show..!!

Paige July 29, 2009 at 5:50 pm

I’m finally watching the the final three episodes that I captured on DVR. I LOVE this show, but the time slot and network were a challenge — late and obsecure. This show is complex and the characters quirky and memorable. It’s a gem, and I hate it’s not coming back.

Anonymous July 28, 2009 at 8:18 pm

What a superb show. I work in a large PR firm and Trust Me was very true to life — from the job struggles, office dynamics, high pressure tensions, nutiness and occasional but redeeming flashes of decency. I loved it when the older executive got laid it off and ended up in a fistfight with his protegee. Man, I’ve been there. Great show and a shame to see it go.

Nate July 26, 2009 at 8:40 pm

Wow, I am so upset…Trust Me was one of the only new series that I really enjoyed and of course, it gets canceled.

I feel empty, thanks a lot TNT.

Clinton L July 23, 2009 at 12:42 pm

When I heard about the cancellation of the show the other day I was bummed as well, but I believe the reason why we all love it so, might have to do with the fact that the viewers might be involved in the marketing realm. Iam in creative marketing and graphic design so I can relate to the show. The general population who is in our field I guess wasn’t enough to keep it going. Plus, even though I loved the show(I only seen one episode) never really had the time to watch it anyway..so..still tragic..TNT sucks..

Josiah July 22, 2009 at 4:36 pm

I know this post is a day late and a dollar short, and nobody will ever even read it, however, I’ve gotta say- Trust me people, I’m so done watching TNT.

Not because I’m mad at TNT for canceling my favorite show, “TRUST ME,” but because it was the only show on TNT that I ever watched.

Sure, I saw one or two other shows here and there, but TNT never kept my interest with any other show. So TNT earned some major cool points with the release of the “TRUST ME” series. Then, they lost those points by giving up on the show too soon.

There was NOTHING else on TNT or any other network that came close to having the wit, speed, angle, and character that “TRUST ME” possessed. Never will be.

Ambi July 18, 2009 at 7:03 pm

I’m so bummed! I loved Trust Me!

Kaylyn July 7, 2009 at 3:08 pm

I loved the show…was sondering why I couldnt see it all of a sudden. I thought maybe I was missing the times but eventually found that it was cancelled here.
Ah well

Wojo June 29, 2009 at 9:22 pm

this comment is for henry b. Tom C. is not unappreciated, you mentioned “Love Monkey” without mentioning his biggest hit of all “Ed”. My all-time favorite show. I will watch any show he is in, I even watched a crappy thriller called “Sublime”. His acting was good, story was horrible.