Valentine: Cancelled CW Series Returns with Unaired Episodes

ValentineIt may be a kinda late but the CW network is finally showing a little love to the fans of the ill-fated dramady, Valentine.

Valentine is a quirky drama that follows a group of mythological gods whose continued existence depends on their helping mortals to find true love. It stars Christine Lakin, Autumn Reeser, Robert Baker, Kristoffer Polaha, Greg Ellis, Jaime Murray, and Patrick Fabian.

The series debuted on October 5, 2008 as part of Media Rights Capital’s deal with the CW network to lease the network’s Sunday night timeslots.

The premiere of Valentine attracted just 1.1 million viewers and a 0.3/1 rating/share among adults 18-49. To put the numbers in perspective, CW’s little-watched Life is Wild drew 50% more viewers one year earlier.

Is Kate really bad?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The ratings for subsequent episodes were even worse and it wasn’t long before production of the show was shut down. The series was then cancelled amidst reports that MRC was going through financial troubles.

Four of the eight produced episodes of Valentine had aired by the time it was pulled from the schedule. It looked highly unlikely that we’d ever see the final installments but now, the CW has quietly slipped them back onto the Sunday night schedule. Episode five airs tonight and “God Only Knows,” the series finale, is set to run on July 19th.

So, is Kate the one that is killing the gods? Is she really up to no good as the oracle has suggested? Will the last episode of Valentine offer any sense of closure for the short-lived dramady? Looks like we’ll have to tune in to find out.

Jade July 20, 2009 at 7:57 pm

I saw the ‘season finale’ and that was bullcrap!! Eight episodes a season does not make!!! D<

I DEMAND THEY BRING IT BACK!!!

antonella July 20, 2009 at 1:52 pm

My Gods! You can’t end a series like this!!!! this can be the ending of a season, not a series! At least some more episodes for closure!!!!

brybabii July 20, 2009 at 10:17 am

please bring dis show back!!!! please

tyluv3 July 20, 2009 at 10:15 am

this is so wrong y would they show the unaired eps and give us false hope, if they do this they should bring the show back, they should totally do that

Scarlette July 19, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Totally agree, i was fond of the show, and if they were going to end the series, they should’ve completely ended it, rather than leaving Valentine’s viewers wondering. Looks like we’ll never find out what happens. Lame.

j=javier July 19, 2009 at 5:49 pm

that is completly stupid how the yend the series some shows have recieved less audience and still have gone all the way through at least give some type of closure

josie July 14, 2009 at 9:41 am

I agree with Arnold, Valentine should definitely get another chance. I love the new spin on mythology.

Isabel July 14, 2009 at 3:16 am

GOD, SHUT THE F- UP ANA, DON’T YOU KNOW WHAT A F-IN SPOILER IS, STUPID B-TCH IDIOT.

arnold July 12, 2009 at 4:45 pm

I think they should give it another shot it was a very thought out series it just needed some more love. and a time slot that did not compete with major series. A sunday or saturday showing would greatly help it.

Ana July 9, 2009 at 5:33 am

I saw all 8 episodes because I live in Europe by the way, I’m not affiliated with the show, the CW or anything.

Ana July 9, 2009 at 5:32 am

I already saw all 8 episodes and Kate isn’t evil. The identity of the evil-doer was very well thought up actually.

admin June 29, 2009 at 3:08 am

@Sophy: We’re hearing that it may return in late July but have yet to receive confirmation.

Sophy June 28, 2009 at 11:11 pm

What about Easy Money? Any chance of seeing unaired episodes of that?

saetum June 28, 2009 at 6:39 pm

UGH! I didn’t read much on the cancellation to begin with except that it was being cancelled, so when I saw a new episode tonight, completely by accident, I was so thrilled — I thought they had decided to produce some more! Although I’m glad they decided to run the last episodes, I would have been thrilled and running down the street in my underwear had they put it back on for real. :(

robycop3 June 28, 2009 at 1:09 pm