Vegas

CBS TV series VegasNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 21 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 25, 2012 — May 10, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jason O’Mara, and Taylor Handley.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series is based on the true story of former Las Vegas Sheriff Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid), a fourth-generation rancher tasked with bringing order to Las Vegas in the 1960s. It’s a gambling and entertainment mecca that’s emerging from the tumbleweeds.

Ralph Lamb wants to be left in peace to run his ranch, but Las Vegas is now swelling with outsiders and corruption which are intruding on his simple life. Recalling Lamb’s command as a military police officer during World War II, the Mayor appeals to his sense of duty to look into a murder of a casino worker.

This begins Lamb’s clash with Vincent Savino (Michael Chiklis), a ruthless Chicago gangster who’s moved West and plans to make Vegas his own. (The character is based on real-life crime boss Marcello Giuseppe Caifano.)

Lamb has two deputies who help him keep law and order. His diplomatic and even-keeled brother is Deputy Jack Lamb (Jason O’Mara). Deputy Dixon Lamb (Taylor Handley) is his charming but impulsive son.

The ambitious Assistant District Attorney, Katherine O’Connell (Carrie-Anne Moss), grew up on the ranch next to the Lambs and also lends a hand in preserving justice.
space

Series Finale

Episode #21 — Sons of Nevada
After Porter Gainsley’s bombing of the Tumbleweed and attempt on Katherine’s life, Lamb and Savino decide to team up to take out their common adversary once and for all. To prove his commitment to the task, Lamb hands over the tapes with the recordings from the bug in Savino’s phone, and then the mobster and former sheriff get to planning their assault on Gainsley.

Since the ranching mogul is too heavily protected at his home, they decide to target him at a livestock auction, but that plan goes awry when Dixon shows up and holds Gainsley at gunpoint. A firefight breaks out and Lamb is forced to save his son and flee, giving Gainsley time to regroup and amass more artillery for the coming war.

When Jack is ousted as interim Sheriff by more of Gainsley’s men, he and Dixon join forces with Lamb and Savino, and together they craft a plan that involves using Jones the hitman to put Gainsley in a corner. Jones plays his part well and leads Gainsley and his thugs into a trap, where Lamb gives him his freedom as a reward.

After an intense firefight, Lamb gets the drop on Gainsley and decides to arrest him instead of killing him, setting the proper example for his son and staying true to his morals.

In the end, Lamb gets his Sheriff job back, putting him at odds with Savino and his plans for growth in Vegas yet again.

Meanwhile, Jack plans to propose to Mia, but his plans are derailed when she breaks up with him after finding out about the bug he planted in Savino’s phone.

Tommy pursues Mia even harder, and the two wind up spending the night together. After Gainsley is taken into custody, Jack goes to Mia’s place to fight for her, but is crushed when he discovers Tommy there with her — in nothing but a bath robe.
First aired: May 10, 2013

space

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

patrick and marlys February 27, 2013 at 10:55 am

please do not cancel. One of the best on TV

Charles February 27, 2013 at 10:34 am

CNS will be yet, another bunch of idiots to cancel a great show!!!!

Kim February 27, 2013 at 9:23 am

This show is awesome and the fact that is based on real life characters gives insight into more history of our country. Please keep it going. he actors have been chosen well and really fit their parts. I lived in Las Vegas when I was little, but I remember The Strip and seeing how it got there is very interesting to me.

Elly February 27, 2013 at 9:06 am

PLease do not cancel Vevas, your Tuesday night line up in the highlite of my week for tv viewing. I do not care for the 1st episode of Golden Boy, Bring back Vegas.!!!!

robert link February 27, 2013 at 7:50 am

no do not cancel. my wife and i have watched from the beginning and enjoy it very much please save it and give it a chance to catch on

Danilo February 27, 2013 at 6:35 am

By next year you can pull it.

Kim February 27, 2013 at 2:40 am

I agree with the rest of the comments I read before mine. As soon as I saw your headline, I thought I read that “Vegas” had been cancelled, and I was sad, giving out a very strong, “NOOOO. . .” I would really like to see this incredible show renewed.

Karla Groome February 27, 2013 at 1:50 am

I LOVE the show! Please renew for another season. It’s great to watch Dennis Quaid as Sheriff Lamb and, because it is based on a true story, it’s a bonus. Please renew!!!

Tim February 27, 2013 at 1:42 am

Bring it back. It ias a great combination of historical fact and well written fiction! The actors are superb in their roles and the stories hold your interest so that you cannot not wait for thenext episode!

B. February 27, 2013 at 1:28 am

Please do not cancel this show! Lots of our other shows have been cancelled and replace with stupid shows!!! SO please do not cancel this one. Thank You!

carole tyler February 27, 2013 at 1:17 am

I like Vegas very much and hope it does not get canceled. I feel it is a big hit and was so disappointed that it was not on TV this evening. (Feb 26) When is it going to be on again?

Mike February 27, 2013 at 1:14 am

One of the best shows on CBS . Keep this show going!

patty johnson February 27, 2013 at 1:12 am

My husband & I look forward to this show every Tuesday, Please do not cancell..My
husband was very upset when it did not come on tonight. There is so much garbage on
tv. I cannot believe you would even consider cancelling it.

anonymous February 27, 2013 at 1:05 am

Do not cancel, please…….my household looks forward to this show each week!

deborah wagner February 27, 2013 at 1:00 am