Vegas

CBS TV series VegasNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 21 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 25, 2012 — May 10, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jason O’Mara, and Taylor Handley.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series is based on the true story of former Las Vegas Sheriff Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid), a fourth-generation rancher tasked with bringing order to Las Vegas in the 1960s. It’s a gambling and entertainment mecca that’s emerging from the tumbleweeds.

Ralph Lamb wants to be left in peace to run his ranch, but Las Vegas is now swelling with outsiders and corruption which are intruding on his simple life. Recalling Lamb’s command as a military police officer during World War II, the Mayor appeals to his sense of duty to look into a murder of a casino worker.

This begins Lamb’s clash with Vincent Savino (Michael Chiklis), a ruthless Chicago gangster who’s moved West and plans to make Vegas his own. (The character is based on real-life crime boss Marcello Giuseppe Caifano.)

Lamb has two deputies who help him keep law and order. His diplomatic and even-keeled brother is Deputy Jack Lamb (Jason O’Mara). Deputy Dixon Lamb (Taylor Handley) is his charming but impulsive son.

The ambitious Assistant District Attorney, Katherine O’Connell (Carrie-Anne Moss), grew up on the ranch next to the Lambs and also lends a hand in preserving justice.
space

Series Finale

Episode #21 — Sons of Nevada
After Porter Gainsley’s bombing of the Tumbleweed and attempt on Katherine’s life, Lamb and Savino decide to team up to take out their common adversary once and for all. To prove his commitment to the task, Lamb hands over the tapes with the recordings from the bug in Savino’s phone, and then the mobster and former sheriff get to planning their assault on Gainsley.

Since the ranching mogul is too heavily protected at his home, they decide to target him at a livestock auction, but that plan goes awry when Dixon shows up and holds Gainsley at gunpoint. A firefight breaks out and Lamb is forced to save his son and flee, giving Gainsley time to regroup and amass more artillery for the coming war.

When Jack is ousted as interim Sheriff by more of Gainsley’s men, he and Dixon join forces with Lamb and Savino, and together they craft a plan that involves using Jones the hitman to put Gainsley in a corner. Jones plays his part well and leads Gainsley and his thugs into a trap, where Lamb gives him his freedom as a reward.

After an intense firefight, Lamb gets the drop on Gainsley and decides to arrest him instead of killing him, setting the proper example for his son and staying true to his morals.

In the end, Lamb gets his Sheriff job back, putting him at odds with Savino and his plans for growth in Vegas yet again.

Meanwhile, Jack plans to propose to Mia, but his plans are derailed when she breaks up with him after finding out about the bug he planted in Savino’s phone.

Tommy pursues Mia even harder, and the two wind up spending the night together. After Gainsley is taken into custody, Jack goes to Mia’s place to fight for her, but is crushed when he discovers Tommy there with her — in nothing but a bath robe.
First aired: May 10, 2013

space

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Laura May 18, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Love this show and shocked that it is cancelled. Characters are great. Plot is good. Lots of action and emotion. I am so sorry to hear that it is cancelled. I did look forward to it; one of my top four programs.

Fred May 18, 2013 at 4:36 pm

I absolutely loved this show. And actually, I looked forward to each episode. The characters and acting are great! Also, enjoyed the set and seeing those 1950’s and 1960’s cars. I hope someone will pick them up.

Pat May 18, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Looked forward to this show each week. CBS programmers should re-think their decision.

WG Hanners May 18, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Cannot believe that Vegas is cancelled – what is the matter with the CBS programmers? This is a great show with a great cast. Maybe A&E could pick it up. Good Grief!

Debby May 18, 2013 at 4:37 am

I absolutly loved the series and cannot believe they would not pick Vegas up for another season. I love the characters and the actors who play them are really wonderful, being from Las Vegas and I was a kid when Ralph Lamb was sherriff and I remember the turn around in this town after Ralph was able to make some very necessary changes in the sherriffs department. I feel cheated as some of the story lines have been left open and so we dont get a conclusion. Dennis you are awesome in this role and I know Ralph is extremly pleased about how you haved portrayed him,,what a shame to lose this show.

Thomas Roberts May 18, 2013 at 1:31 am

Why have you cancelled Vegas, it was entertaining, good plot, love period TV. There is already enough reality shows, dancing, singing shows. It was in same class as Chicago, NCIS, Body of Proof, and Castle my favorite shows. Friday night needs something other than 20/20, rock center. Please give this show another chance. Also like Psych, Monk, Suits, In Plain sight, Loved fairly legal, I guess all to intelligent for normal public.

G Lang May 18, 2013 at 1:22 am

I hope you will reconsider your choice to end this show. This is a great program and I looked forward to watching it – VEGAS is a refreshing departure from the “same old same old” programs on television. Cancelling this show prematurely after moving it
(time/day) isn’t really giving it a fair shot – I hope you bring VEGAS back – I will be looking for it next season! Thanks!

S Tallon May 17, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Please reconsider cancelling Vegas. It was finally a show that my husband and I could both enjoy watching.

J McDaniel May 17, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Leave a decent ahow on TV for a change. This was an interesting show with good charactors and now we are left with “reality” shows FORE VER likw the Kardasians, Bachlor and Bachlorettr, etc. – amd who gives a damn. Apparently, you only want to put shows on that pay YOU to air them. Wish you would get with the program and actually leave a show of substance and quality actors on!!!!! Something the would be of interest to a person over the age of 12. Thank you.

Anonymous May 17, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Your programers are nuts! What will we get in its place-another reality show? Please!!! Put Vegas back on the schedule. There is a lot of history left to tell.

Christy Livingstone May 17, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I want Vegas back. It was just getting going. Please bring it bad
Ck.l

N. Miller May 17, 2013 at 9:17 pm

How stupid of CBS to cancel this show which was one of the few shows that older viewers could enjoy. Most likely they’ll put some reality show on in its place. If I want to see reality I’ll go sit in one of my neighbors homes for the evening and watch them! For some reason the network thinks they have a big viewing audience of twenty-something’s on a Friday night. I can tell them based on my own children and their friends that that age group is out and about and not home watching TV . Hooray for your stupidity CBS!!!

mike May 17, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I HOPE THEY FIND A NIGHT OR STATION TO BRING IT BACK – DISAPPOINTED !!

MARY May 17, 2013 at 8:30 pm

We am soooo disappointed to hear that Vegas has been cancelled. Loved the story line, the actors, and the glitz and glamour of the time period. Please reconsider!

S Barnes May 17, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Please rethink this decision . Friday TV
Became worth while with VEGAS.
I really would like to see VEGAS back on schedule .
It is a wonderful program. Make it happen !!!