ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 8/27/14)

abc-tv-shows-ratingsThe alphabet network hasn’t had much luck launching successful new shows. What’s more, a lot of their existing shows are down year-to-year. Thankfully, the execs can’t cancel everything.

ABC shows (so far): 20/20, 20/20 Saturday, America’s Funniest Home Videos, The Assets, The Bachelor, Bachelor in Paradise, The Bachelorette, Back in the Game, Betrayal, Black Box, Castle, Celebrity Wife Swap, Dancing with the Stars, Extreme Weight Loss, The Goldbergs, The Great Christmas Light Fight, Grey’s Anatomy, Killer Women, Last Man Standing, Lucky 7, Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, The Middle, Mind Games, Mistresses, Mixology, Modern Family, Motive, Nashville, The Neighbors, Nightline Prime, NY Med, Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Primetime: What Would You Do?, The Quest, Resurrection, Revenge, Rising Star, Rookie Blue, Scandal, Shark Tank, Super Fun Night, The Taste, Trophy Wife, and Wipeout.

There’s lots of data that ABC execs looks at when deciding whether to renew or cancel a TV series but ratings are the major ingredient. Here’s an updated listing of all of their current primetime shows.

Check other networks’ rankings:
CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC | ABC Family | TNT

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also view them here and here.

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released. The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing), unless marked with an asterisk (*). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

Keep in mind that the demo numbers are typically what’s most important to advertisers. Therefore, that’s how the networks measure success. Advertisers pay more for ad time on a show that has a higher demo rating. Because older viewers don’t count? No, it’s because younger viewers watch less traditional TV and are harder to reach.

Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

The networks take into account when shows air on Fridays and Saturdays, nights when TV viewership is lower.

What do you think? Are you surprised by any of the ratings? Which shows should be doing better? Which one do you think will be cancelled next?

Brandy February 20, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Renew Nashville

Ashley Montgomery February 19, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Betrayal is my favorite show! Please don’t cancel it :)

Cheryl February 18, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Please, Please Please give Betrayal another chance. I look so forward to watching that and the acting is excelllent. Screw the ratings go by what ABC veiwers want. I believe if it goes to a different time slot and night that the ratings will go up. It’s that good of tv drama.

Joyce Crecelius February 16, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Please give Betrayal a second season. I loved this show from the pilot & looked forward to every new episode. The actor & writers are excellent. There was hardly ahh advertisement for this show plus it was in a difficult time slot. With that being said it still pulled in viewers and loyal ones at that.

Karissa February 15, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I love Betrayal!!! Please renew for a second season! It needs to be moved to a different night,the ratings will go up if it is not in such a terrible time slot. This show is so good,the actors and writers are all so talented. It CANNOT get canceled!

DAWN VOGLINO February 12, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Hello I am a huge Betrayal fan… This show is the best… I think they need to change the night and time..It was one of the best shows on tv.. I really miss it!!!

Jim February 11, 2014 at 7:59 pm

So Excited Revenge is coming back for Season 4 !!! Also, please give Betrayal another chance! So many people I know are really starting to like it. I thought it started off kind of slow but then it got good and now I’m dying to know what happens next!

admin February 11, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Sorry but Revenge hasn’t been renewed.

Betrayal Fan February 9, 2014 at 7:01 pm

I looked forward to Betrayal each week!…give it another chance!…one of my favs!

julia February 2, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Betrayal should continue

Deb January 28, 2014 at 9:13 pm

I know so many people that watch Betrayal. We hope it doesn’t get cancelled. It seems like the networks keep the crappy shows that no one watches…”Nashville” and “Scandal”??? Really??? I don’t know anyone who watches those shows, but you see advertisements constantly hyping them. Not sure where the ratings come from. I dvd everything because I actually work for a living and like to watch shows without the commercials at my convenience. It’s also been football season. Give it a different time slot and some advertising so people know its on. It’s about the only show I absolutely am addicted to and hope it comes back. I think it deserves another chance.

Jeffrey February 15, 2014 at 2:09 am

I’m WAAAAY behind on “Nashville”, but, EVERYONE I know watches “Scandal” !

jewel February 21, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Don’t speak for everyone. I watch Scandal and Nashville and personally I think Betrayal is so so. Glad you like it but stop speaking for others on Scandal and Nashville. Betrayal my co workers think is stupid and boring. Yet I am not bashing it. So ya … grow up Deb.

Karissa February 22, 2014 at 12:03 am

I totally agree with you Deb, they shove Scandal,Nashville, and The Bachelor (really don’t know how that CRAP is still on) down our throats. When Betrayal was on they never advertised it,i don’t know how they expect a brand new show to succeed without advertisement. ABC needs to to change the time clearly that time is terrible for a brand new show. Canceling it would be stupid. Get it together ABC.

judy January 27, 2014 at 9:10 pm

ABC, NBC and CBS all suck! The Assets had 2 episodes and they cancelled it! I am just staying with cable…they finish what they start. No sense investing any time in the big three…what a joke. Revenge had promise then it became comical then quite boring…reminded me of the old soap opera spoof called “Soap” except it was meant to be a comedy.

Deb January 28, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Hi Judy – - I agree about the networks and I agree about Revenge. It’s time to give that one a pink slip. It’s been overdone for sure. Once again, I don’t know where the ratings come from because no one I know watches Revenge. I used too, but it just got boring years ago. Another one I despise is “How I Met Your Mother”. Really, you have to have flash backs about flash backs??? I’m fairly certain the writers are out of ideas. Give that one a pink slip too. Some of the new shows stink too. Killer Women. Really? Give me a break.

ann kehe January 23, 2014 at 5:44 am

I am a huge fan of Betrayal. Please give it another chance. I have grown weary watching Revenge. It has had a good run. But now I just find the plot moving to such a ridiculous place that I have lost all interest in it. If I could I would just wipe out everyone on that show. There is no character left that I have the slightest investment in. It has officially jumped the shark.

sonny January 22, 2014 at 11:56 am

Please don’t cancel Killer Women. There are lots of us out there who do like the show. It has complete stories in each episode, a mystery of whether or not Molly’s brother is being unfaithful, a great cast and let us not forget a terrific love story between Dan and Molly. It’s not the mindless drivel the 18 year olds with an attention of a sick nat watch. Change the show to Saturday night until it does have higher demographics. Come on ABC use some common sense.

Kathi January 20, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Forgot to add: Why did Vic shoot Sarah?

Anonymous January 21, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Cuz his grandfather told him Sarah was the reason his dad abandoned em

Kathi January 23, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Thanks. I don’t remember that.

oljysyk January 20, 2014 at 2:54 pm

It’s the best of the best serials. I want more and more