Batman: The Brave and the Bold: Animated Series Ending; No Season Four

Batman: The Brave and the BoldIt was confirmed over the weekend that the retro cartoon series, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, is coming to an end after three seasons. The cancellation news came at the TV show panel at Comic-Con.

At the event, producer James Tucker revealed that they have finally received permission to team Batman up with Wonder Woman and Superman for the series. Both will be featured before the conclusion of the last 13 episodes.

Like the rest of the show’s guest-stars, Wonder Woman and Superman will be friends of the caped crusader’s but Tucker says that they’ll have an “interesting dynamic” with Batman. The final installments are currently in production.

It was also confirmed at the panel that the kid-friendly Brave and the Bold comic book, that’s based on the show, was also being cancelled.

On the bright side, it was mentioned that another Batman animated series is in the very early stages of development. This one will be radically different from Brave and the Bold. It will also most likely have similarities to the upcoming Green Lantern series and be done in CGI.

What do you think? Will you miss Batman: The Brave and the Bold? Did you like the show’s unique style?

Gabriel November 19, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I just saw what I assume is the final episode. It was brillant just like the rest of the series. I loved the playful nature. I loved way that it cheerfully pulled characers from every part of the DC cannon and I loved its silver age sensibilities. I am very sorry that it was canceled and now I guess that I must purchase the entire run on DVD. I am sad. It was fun, fun, fun. But in the end it was a TV show. They all come to an end and at least this one got to go out in style.

Robert P November 19, 2011 at 4:15 pm

That just stinks this was a great show for adults and kids, it was something even my wife could watch and enjoy. At the end of the show my son cried for an hour, and to end it in a batmite episode, your kidding. By the way DC your shorts for DC nation also stink, My kids and I watched the first few, looked at each other and said what the hell was that. Somebody is actually is paid to propose these ideas. Fire the guy who came up with it and go back to basics. K.I.S.S. you California shmuck .

Jonathan November 19, 2011 at 3:23 pm

The cgi one is going to suck

brian November 19, 2011 at 2:41 pm

One the one hand I’ll miss it, but on the other hand I’m glad it’s going out on top. I remember the last season of Greatest American Hero. You could see the strings, and The A Team, sooo sad. It not good when you can see the decline.

jordan November 19, 2011 at 9:20 am

I love batman but batmite had to cancelle it I will want music meister in the new show

mike November 18, 2011 at 5:42 pm

i am really mad that they canceled batman brave and the bold,thats not cool what they did to the show.I loved that show because i watched that every friday with my little brothers

Anonymous November 18, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I’ve seen a lot of batman incarnations and I will truly miss this one.

Anonymous November 18, 2011 at 5:36 pm

im going to miss batman brave and the bold i mean it was a really good show to watch wiyh my brothers.

Alyss Zeklos November 18, 2011 at 5:33 pm

OMG NO!! They CAN’T cancel Batman The Brave and the Bold D:
i mean yea when i first started watching it i was like “yea, pfft right” but it is a show tht both kids and teens and adults can like!! it has done sum really stupidily silly stuff btu there is SOOOOO much more they can work with!! i mean the Music Myster!! they GOTTA shwo him again! and do u reaally thing Green Arrow and Batman are going to just stop their rivalry?!
NO NO NO!!! Dx
(goes and hits bat mite with a hammer as many times as i can before he fades away then finds him where ever he faded too and keeps hitting him) MAKE IT COME BACK D’x

Anonymous October 15, 2011 at 9:34 pm

what the hell are they thinking it can’t end it like this this is bull shit they can’t end it like this. that show is more than just a cartoon it’s a practically a friend. the least they could do was end it a bit better

Allyson September 25, 2011 at 10:07 pm

(Whoops…that’s embarrassing. Okay, now I have some explaining to do. For those who don’t know, 808 Robotics is a VEX robotics team located on Hawaii. I’m the moderator for the blog. That post for Batman: The Brave and the Bold that I made was NOT connected in any way to the team. I didn’t realize that the blog that I made on Wordpress would come up next to my post. Sorry about that guys.)

Allyson September 24, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Sigh…I’ll bet that the new Batman series won’t have awesome ‘I’m-a-better-superhero-than-you’ interaction between Green Arrow and Batman.

(That, and they probably will have Green Arrow with a beard. I find him more attractive without one to be honest.)

I’m very sad…

Arawanach August 21, 2011 at 9:12 am

Well, I’m used to see shows being cancelled and since this show would never really be done anyway… and it wasn’t really chronical either, I have no problem with it being gone. It will make room for a new show. I was allready watching too much shows and if show ends or gets cancelled, then it means I can focus more on the remaining shows and even start watching some new ones.

jeremy barberio August 18, 2011 at 8:18 am

started watching this show with my son. it started his intrest in comics and rekindled mine. i enjoyed seeing the lesser known characters and it’s sense of humor, often poking fun at it’s self. I will indeed miss it.

Jesse August 17, 2011 at 9:22 am

You know, I was skeptical of this show at first, but I grew to really dig it in a short time. I am very sad to see it go. I wish they’d do a sort of spin-off: an Adventures in the DC Universe kind of show, done in the Brave and the Bold style, and each episode would feature different characters. Maybe even leave Bats, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern- you know, all the first stringers- out and just focus on lesser known characters. Oh well.