Blue Bloods: Season Four Ratings

bluebloods32This TV series has managed to survive on Friday nights on CBS but the ratings have been coming down each year. Will Blue Bloods’ numbers be strong enough for the show to be renewed for season five or could it be in danger of being cancelled? We shall see.

Another police procedural series, Blue Bloods revolves around the Irish-American Reagan family and their work as part of the NYPD. The cast includes Tom Selleck, Donnie Wahlberg, Bridget Moynahan, Will Estes, Len Cariou, Amy Carlson, Sami Gayle, Nicholas Turturro, and Marisa Ramirez.

How are your shows doing? Check the season rankings: ABC | CBS | CW | FOX | NBC

3/13 update: This show has been renewed for the 2014-15 season by CBS.

Final season averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 11.52 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

For comparisons: The third season of Blue Bloods averaged a 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.83 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Blue Bloods TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fifth season?

Judith January 25, 2015 at 2:03 am

I consider Blue Blood the best show on Friday nights. Selleck’s character is a fine example of family man and man in commissioner’s difficult position. Strong, decent family values, cast of good actors and entertaining story lines are a rare combo. I hope this series continues for many more seasons. Based on the charts, almost 12 million people agree with me.

mary January 24, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Love this show don’t cancel please

Jean Ramsden January 21, 2015 at 6:44 am

Please don’t cancel Blue Bloods. It is the best thing on television. Great cast, great stories and, of course, the wonderful Tom Selleck.

Mark January 20, 2015 at 11:29 am

Danny Reagan for president! Seriously, I just discovered this show on Hulu 4 months ago and I love it. I find Frank Reagan and his whole family inspiring. I was raised Catholic and I like seeing “Catholic stuff”. I am going to buy a grey Charger so I can be more like Danny Reagan.

Dave Piziali January 3, 2015 at 1:25 am

My wife and I only recently discovered the series and enjoy watching it. We really like the principles portrayed in every episode including:
1. Doing the right thing even when it hurts. Sometimes doing what’s right is not easy.
2. Deciding to do the right thing is difficult. Varieties oc thought enter into ones mind and it is difficult to settle in ones mind I what is really the right thing.
3. Integrity which is so profoundly lacking in country’s lesdership.
4. Importance of family, open communication, respect for opinions, etc. Also, the parents have an authority role but not dictatorial.
5. Christian values upon which our nation was founded.
6. Wisdom of the elder father.
With all those great qualities, we are disappointed by 2 messages consistently portrayed and hope some adjustment could be made:
1. Drinking at the dinners in front of the kids and as a coping mechanism for doing the tough things in life. We do not see that this contributes to the program. It validates what happens in most families that is not a positive influence. We believe kids seeing this behavior in parents generally take what they see to a higher level, I. E. Imbibing socially becomes drunkenness and frequently escalates to alcoholism or taking pills regularly becomes doing drugs, etc.
2. Grandfather is portrayed as a jerk holding a grudge since the age of 11 and advocating cheating. The role of a grandparent is to stand for higher principles from years of life experiences. Years of doing life bring wisdom. Grandparents role is to leave a positive legacy from their life. We hope this could be another message from the program.
Bottom line we love the program, want it to continue, and hope for tweaks.
Dave & Rhea

PATRICE JONES December 22, 2014 at 8:04 pm

BLUE BLOODS IS AN EXCELLENT DRAMA THAT DEALS WITH CURRENT SITUATIONS FOUND IN AMERICA AND ESPECIALLY IN LARGER URBAN CITIES LIKE NEW YORK CITY. I LOVE THEIR STAUNCH LOOK ON JUSTICE AND THEIR VIEWS ON RIGHT AND WRONG. THE STRENGTH OF THIS PROGRAM LIES WITH TOM SELLECK (FRANK REAGAN) AND HIS IRISH, CHRISTIAN FAMILY WHOSE MORAL VALUES SUPERCEDE POLITICS AND GREED. WE NEED MORE OF THESE KINDS OF PROGRAMS IN TODAY’S WORLD TO HELP GUIDE OUR YOUTH OF TODAY.

PatP. December 19, 2014 at 8:50 pm

My family have enjoyed this series and hope that it stays on air. It beats a lot of the rotten reality shows that are airing and all of the off colored sitcoms.

gee willikers November 13, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Oops Hope it continues

gee willikers November 13, 2014 at 4:51 pm

I enjoy this show and how it continues on air.

Chris November 8, 2014 at 12:56 am

Just watched almost an entire show tonight for the first time and if my M-I-L wasn’t here to force me to watch this show, I would have changed the channel within the first 2 mins. The acting is bad but at least the dialog is terrible! I cannot believe Tom Selleck is involved with this crap fest. If they moved it to Friday night to kill it, please let it be a swift death. What a waste of airtime! I don’t watch any of the “alphabet crime shows” either (NCIS, SVU, etc) because having served on a jury, I saw the criminal justice system first hand and they don’t use any of those high tech gadgets in real life. The black lady boss is not believable as a person, much less as a cop! The dialog about “busting someone for having a joint” was so comical I almost burst out laughing! Colorado legalized it and the rest of the country won’t be far behind. Please put this out of our misery and erase the previous shows so the cast doesn’t have to list them on their resumes!

Mark October 31, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Sould have allowed Jennifer Esposito sick leave with her condition that she made them away of before being hired. They are all al about Family, Loyalty, doing the right thing and then then let one of the best actresses go (did you see her in movie Crash – Amazing).

I find it hard to listed to Tom’s promo for show knowing they are hypocrites.

What goes around – comes around.

Good show – they could have filmed around her. Only her partner Wallberg stuck up for her – too bad. We all stopped watching – funny how that works.

linda September 29, 2014 at 3:19 pm

I see no reason there has to be BAD language in the show. This first show this season was very disappointing as far as the language.