CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

628 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Rosa says

I miss CSI Miami. It was among my favorite shows. I never was into the original CSI and CSI New York is hit or miss. I was always grabbed by the plot of CSI Miami, and was willingly able to “suspend my disbelief”. If there were any way for this how-to return, I would be most grateful.

2. Anonymous says

Sinice or Caruso? Don’t have to be a network producer to figure this out. CARUSO hands down! I love Gary Sinice but come on Caruso on NYPD Blue says it all. KEEP CSI MIAMI IF U HAVE ANY SENSE!!!!!!!!!

3. Anonymous says

Why? Please keep the show. I like CSI New York but come on Miami ia way better. What r these producers thinking. The original CSI and Miami are like the original Law and Order and Law and Order SVU. TIMELESS!

4. Dorothy Green says

I cannot believe they would cancel Miami CSI. This was the best show of the three. I am very disappointed.

5. Anonymous says

Csi Miami was and is the best csi made. The worst part about them cancelling the show is that they had formed out the characters more and started to give them a new story to work off of like ms. Duquesne becoming a mom and the team forming a better bond after Sam messed things up. then u say to bad so sad no more. For heaven sake CBS is filled with people who obviously dont wanna make money.

6. Jacqueline Chin-You says

I am very disapointed and saddened by the network decision to cancell CSI Miami this show is my favorite show to watch on the TV on Sunday nights I look forward to watching this show everySunday nights I love this show so very much out of all the show on Tv this show is the best why not cancell other shows that have low ratings this is a very stupid decision bring the show back Please this is such a huge mistake. i am such a loyal fan. I am begging you for the return of the show THANKS

7. Jim says

Well…they ditched Miami for NY. ARE THEY INSANE? They ditched the wrong show!!!
    The last season of CSI NY was BORING as hell! The new actress in place of Cancarides is like a boring aunt or a boring PTA member.
    I feel sorry for Garry Sinice who must continue in this torment of badly written scripts along with her. And this year’s premiere of NY? Did anyone see that? WHAT A BORING START!!!
    Unfortunately Caruso won’t be on our screens and all us CSI junkies have to tolerate CBS’s bull…

8. Meredith says

I am very upset that my favorite show in the world was cancelled!! I LOVE CSI: Miami!!! I think cbs made a big mistake. It was the first CSI that I started watching. I’ve seen every episode and I was very excited to see the new season. I have been anticipating it for months. Thanks to the actors and I wish you the best of luck in your careers(:

9. Brenda says

I think that they are making a big mistake taking miami of the air. I would rather see csi the first one go off the air or new york go off the air before csi;miami. that was the only one i thought was any good at all. Since it is cancelled, i think that i will focus my attention to the other stations. I think cbs has made a big big mistake.

10. says

This is what they do with good shows on TV. Have you watch it for 10 or 11 years and then some top big shot executive cancels because they have made enough money. This stink!!!

• Tilly says

I am heartbroken to learn that CSI Miami has been cancelled? Over the years I have enjoyed watching the show. I was so excited to see what the new season would bring. Well, I wish all of the actors the best!

11. Lisa says

I am very upset they took my favorite tv show off. They need to put it back on I am sure there are a lot of viewers that feel the same way