Eastwick: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season Two

Eastwick canceledIt looks like the magic is over for the three ladies of Eastwick. ABC network has decided against ordering any additional episodes of the supernatural series, effectively cancelling it.

Eastwick revolves around three women (Rebecca Romijn, Lindsay Price, and Jaime Ray Newman) who meet at a wishing fountain and become friends. Soonafter, mysterious Darryl Van Horne (Paul Gross) moves to town and unleashes powers within the ladies. The cast also includes Ashley Benson, Johann Urb, Jon Bernthal, Sara Rue, and Veronica Cartwright.

The show got off to a slow start on September 23rd with a 3.0 rating in the 18-49 demo and 8.5 million total viewers. The second installment fell to a 2.3 in the demo and 6.57 million viewers. The third week fell again to a 1.8 and 5.14 million.

Why was Eastwick cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In the weeks that followed, the ratings didn’t get any better and more frequently got worse. Last week, Eastwick hit an all-time low of 1.5 in the demo and 4.4 million.

ABC has opted to pull the show from the schedule for two weeks. This Wednesday, it’s replaced by the Country Music Awards. Next week, it’s being bumped for an interview special called In the Spotlight with Robin Roberts: Janet Jackson. Though Eastwick is scheduled to return on Thanksgiving eve with a new episode, the supernatural drama won’t be around for long after that.

TV show supportABC has decided not to order any additional episodes of Eastwick, effectively cancelling the series after 13 episodes. It’s unknown if the last episode will wrap up the ongoing storylines. For now, ABC plans to air all six remaining installments but, if the ratings keep declining, the network could easily pull the series before that happens.

What do you think? Why did Eastwick fail? Do you think ABC will really air all of the 13 episodes?

jessica February 9, 2014 at 9:35 am

i want eastwick back pls TT

LEE February 1, 2014 at 11:43 am

i love eastwick very much why no season 2 !!

cindy January 23, 2014 at 10:36 am

ABC seems to always get rid of the good show ok rating may not be the best but give it a chance would be nice just like my soap they took it off and that soap was on for 25 years too to tell you the truth i don’t even want to start watching any thing on abc any more they are just going to take it off any ways.

Azra April 13, 2014 at 4:50 am

I know they always call cancel the good soaps.

Anonymous December 17, 2013 at 1:32 am

I loved Eastwick. They need to bring it back. T-T

Tanja December 16, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Hey im from Denmark and i actually record eastwick and the secret circle just to se it, because they sent the middle of the night. I love those two Series and its so sad to hear that they not Coming bad! Please make more season, the magic and mysteries is verry popular right now. I wanted to buy the secret circle and eastwick on dvd but i cant find them ;=0(

Jessica Swinehart September 21, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I loved eastwick and want to watch more. they shouldnt have left it like that. I wish they bring it back.

Ashley August 9, 2013 at 7:01 pm

It makes no sense that such a wonderful series with strong female protagonists, a charming and idyllic setting, not to mention an interesting plot, get cancelled when some very average shows continue to get renewed. There is a huge cult following for this show, and, with the supernatural being as popular as it is this show has a great chance of Eastwick getting higher ratings now than in 2009. Bring back this charming show for the fans!

Trish September 10, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Ashley i totally get were ur coming from i loved the movie!!! And when i heard they were making a tv series about it i couldnt wait to see it… they need to bring it back!!!! I know ill be watchin it if they due??!!

Monica May 28, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I loved eastwick. Please bring it back!

May May 25, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I LOVE EASTWICK! It was as good as watching CHARMED! Why do all the NEW supernatural or WITCHCRAFT shows get CANCELLED? Including SECRET CIRCLE? Please BRING back EASTWICK and SECRET CIRCLE! I LOVE THOSE SHOWS :) almost as exciting as watching Harry POTTER MOVIES. I LOVE MAGIC and POWERS :)

abdullah awad May 16, 2013 at 9:15 am

hi everybody . the first season of eastwick was beautiful . but i surprised when i couldn’t find season 2 . “eastwick please come back for us” .

please if anyone knew anything about it u can talk to me on my cellphone number “0565420673″

thanks for reading

J.J.Shevy April 10, 2013 at 8:30 pm

They did air all the 13 episodes of season 1, but I’m still waiting for season 2, it WILL come so help me God!!!

P.S.

I checked on IMDB for information of season 2 and I foun nothing except the fact that it said on top: “Eastwick (2009 – ). There was no end-date, i mean i know that IMDB as Wikipedia is edited an basically run by users like us, but I feel that goves me a little hope. I am still waiting though.

Could anyone of you get hold of Maggies(the producer) e-mail address, adress or phone number? Because if i could get hold of some of those, i could pass it around to every Eastwick fan in the world and personally call he or contact her in another way and convince her that she HAS to get it back on air and keep writing new episodes. There is a lot of open questions, information and shit that I would want to get the answer to, like that Max guy and his bracelet and mysterious phonecalls, the fact that the last face we saw was Jamies, the british guy who got buried alive, he showed up on the doorstep to one of that redhead and POOF the end…and the new neighbours, that Geine kid or whatever his name was seems to be possesed by someone, personally I think it is that Eleanor, that bitch with the shotgun who likes to shoot squirrels and poison people with her tea, but what I was trying to say was that there are a lot of loose ends that needs “thightening”.

EASTWICK WILL GET BACK ON AIR EVEN IF I HAVE TO GET IT BACK MYSELF!!!

Henry March 27, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I really liked the show give it a chance no one even knew it was there alot of ppl would watch i have alot of friends that are looking for a show like this to watch again BRING IT BACK PLEASE

kate August 19, 2013 at 2:54 pm

just,please ,bring it back … :/

Caroline Galea March 13, 2013 at 4:55 pm

i was quite surprised that season one ended the series when it got cancelled.. the show was mature, very entertaining, the characters very beautiful and charming, the idea was really innovative.. its mysterious and fresh and i couldnt wait to see the next one, so yes please bring it back

Ghazal February 14, 2013 at 12:02 am

I LOVE EASTWICK PLEASE BRING IT BACK .