Elementary

TV series Elementary on CBSNetwork: CBS
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 27, 2012 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Jonny Lee Miller, Lucy Liu, Aidan Quinn, and Jon Michael Hill.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series gives a new take on the classic Arthur Conan Doyle characters. It’s a modern-day drama about a crime-solving duo that cracks the NYPD’s most impossible cases.

Following his fall from grace in London and a stint in rehab, eccentric detective Sherlock Holmes (Jonny Lee Miller) escapes to Manhattan where his wealthy father forces him to live with his worst nightmare — a sober companion, Doctor Joan Watson (Lucy Liu). She was a successful surgeon until she lost a patient and her license three years ago.

Watson views her current job as another opportunity to help people, as well as paying a penance. However, the restless Sherlock is nothing like her previous clients. He informs her that none of her expertise as an addiction specialist applies to him and he’s devised his own post-rehab regimen — resuming his work as a police consultant in New York City.

Watson finds she has no choice but to accompany her irascible new charge on his jobs. In the end, Sherlock finds her medical background helpful, and Watson realizes she has a knack for playing investigator.

Sherlock’s police contact is Captain Tobias “Toby” Gregson (Aidan Quinn). He knows, from previously working with Scotland Yard, that Sherlock is brilliant at closing cases, and welcomes him as part of the team.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space

What do you think? Do you like the Elementary TV series on CBS? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Ginger July 2, 2014 at 4:40 pm

I love this show! It has intelligent humor and interesting plots (which is becoming more and more rare with the expansion of ‘reality’ and ‘supernatural’ shows). PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL!

barry June 11, 2014 at 4:49 pm

I love the accent, I love the show.

Alex June 7, 2014 at 9:58 am

I love this show. I was so afraid after watching the last episode that it was over. His accent is a problem at times but I just have to rewind. Please never cancel

Leslie May 2, 2014 at 1:22 am

I too really like Elementary–witty, clever, complex & evolving characters. But I’m there with volume levels–for us apartment dwellers, the rmote is constantly in hand, scrolling up and down the scale to hear Sherlock & not blast our neighbors when the commercials hit. It’s close to being a show-stopper (in a bad way) for me.

Priscilla Madden April 22, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Great show. Please renew.

Gary Hood April 3, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Great show! The actors are perfect and the storylines are very good. Only two problems. 1. The British accent is difficult to understand when he speaks too fast and slurs his words together. 2. The volume of speech should be higher and sound effects lower. Holmes speaks too low. With the difficulty of the accent and the low volume of his speech we miss some of the great lines I’m sure he has. This last problem is found with most shows and movies. Be the first to fix this! We look forward for the show every week!

B Kaser March 18, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Best show ever. Love Lucy and Jonny

Don Brannon March 13, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Like the show Lucy Liu as Dr. Watson is a nice change to original character. Johnny Lee Miller as Sherlock is not a good change. He speech is a little hard to understand, especially for older folks ( I’m 70) like me. His unshaven, sloppy and disheveled appearance doesn’t help his Sherlock Holmes character. Prefer the old mentally sharpe Sherlock.

Debra February 28, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Big fan of this show, Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu make a great detective team and just the right mix of back and forth between them. I hope this show has a long run as is an excellent show.

Susan December 16, 2013 at 5:13 am

I LOVE this show! Have always been a fan of Sherlock Holmes – Jonny Lee Miller & Lucy Lieu, not to mention Aidan Quinn, are perfect! This show MUST go on. I could watch it every day. Please keep it going!

Renee,Kentucky December 12, 2013 at 10:56 pm

I really like watching this series. I have liked Sherlock Holmes in other series in the past. I hope this series goes on for a number of years and also hope the actors are having fun with their parts. Good luck to Sherlock and Watson

Isabelle Duval December 11, 2013 at 9:13 am

The show MUST go on! I love this show. It’s clever, funny, and Jonny Lee Miller is brilliant! Not too mention very good looking!

Kris December 8, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Love the team of Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu. The show is extremely clever. Brilliant really! A great take on the traditional Sherlock Holmes. Must renew for 2014 season!

Duke DeStefano November 21, 2013 at 11:54 pm

This happens to be one of the better shows left on CBS this season AND SHOULD CONTINUE….MOM AND THE REST ARE SADLY AMATUER EXCURSIONS INTO ENTERTAINMENT ATTEMPTS EVEN WITH *NAME* STARS…..MOURNING THE LOSS OF LAST YRS LINEUP……ELEMENTARY SHOULD CONTINUE…..

Michael October 27, 2013 at 11:47 am

Lucyliu and Johnny lee Miller brilliant as sherlock and watson elementary season one and two are brilliant best show ever