Ghost Whisperer: Has ABC Saved the Jennifer Love Hewitt Series?

Ghost WhispererLast week CBS cancelled Ghost Whisperer after five seasons on the air. Almost immediately, there was word that ABC might save the TV show. Now, word is spreading that the deal is done. Is it?

In Ghost Whisperer, Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt) has the ability to see and talk to people who’ve died. Regular castmembers over the past five seasons have included David Conrad, Camryn Manheim, Jay Mohr, Aisha Tyler, Christoph Sanders, Jamie Kennedy, and Kenneth Mitchell.

CBS cancelled the TV show because viewership has fallen quite a bit this season. Ordinarily, ABC wouldn’t have any interest in saving the TV show up but the network co-produces Ghost Whisperer and would share in the profits from another season of episodes going into syndication.

While ABC is still supposedly interested in picking up the show, it hasn’t happened yet. Some websites are saying that it has been picked up, seemingly due to some telephone game-like reporting.

TV show supportKennedy, Hewitt’s boyfriend and co-star, was asked about the possibility of ABC picking up the series. He said, “They are talking about it, so that’s cool. We haven’t exactly gone into the light, we haven’t crossed over, but we’ve got some life.” The headline on WENN’s brief story reads, ABC Chiefs Giving Ghost Whisperer a Lifeline.

Some sites, including Perez Hilton, apparently have misinterpreted “lifeline” in the headline to mean that ABC has already agreed to pick up the show. While ABC may bring Ghost Whisperer back for season six, they haven’t agreed to do it just yet.

What do you think? Will ABC save Ghost Whisperer or is it just wishful thinking?

Scott April 8, 2011 at 11:51 am

WOW! I TELL YOU WHAT, THE FRONT OFFICE PEOPLE AT CBS CAN’T BE VERY SMART, I MEAN CANCELING THEIR BEST SHOW LIKE GHOST WHISPERER! THEIR MUST BE SOME REALLY DUMB PEOPLE RUNNING CBS THESE DAYS. SO ABC YOU ALL JUST NEED TO BRING IT BACK, THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT LIKES THAT SHOW, AND I’M ONE OF THEM, SO BRING IT BACK AND PUT IT BACK ON THE AIR! SHOW THAT YOU ALL ARE SMART ENAUGH TO KNOW A GOOD THING WHEN YOU SEE IT, I MEAN AFTER ALL, YOU HELPED CO-PRODUCE IT!

Penny March 29, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I’m extremely upset that Ghost Whisper isn’t on! I’ve been waiting for it to start. I had no idea what was going on! Ugh~that was my highlight of the week!!! =0(

Joanne March 15, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I want more Ghost Whisperer, I love it and I think there should be more. I bought all the seansons on DVD, I would love to have more!!

Janie February 28, 2011 at 3:25 pm

When my little grandkids come over they always ask me “Nana, is Ghost Whisperer on? Come on – lets go watch it” I don’t know who is more dissappointed, them or me!!! We watch the reruns now but that gets a little old! How about some new shows? We can’t wait!!!

tori February 24, 2011 at 2:55 pm

wait is abc going to save Ghost Whisperer? its February now? when will it return? i reallly hope it dose i mean i really do thousands of people do maybe even more!

sarafire February 2, 2011 at 11:41 pm

CBS canceling another fantastic show….What a suprise. Is CBS in trouble?

Krystal Kennedy January 29, 2011 at 11:31 am

I like you show ghost whisperer how can find the last three show you did

Jean Watson November 12, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Please bring Ghost Whisperer back. I looked foward to watching it on Friday nights. It was very enjoyable. I love this program. thank you

just call me juzz October 20, 2010 at 10:03 am

CBS are idiots;/why they cancelled a show like that..it has a sense its entertaining & its NOT boring!!!like other show!!duhhhh…bring back my GHOST WHISPERER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Very VERY Big Fan October 15, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Please. The Ghost Whisperer made millions of lives more appealing. Millions of people loved to watch the relationship between Jim/Sam and Melinda and Delia and Melinda and Ned and Delia and so on! But the show also taught people things about caring and helping other people even if we can’t see ghosts the show helped a lot of people. This show is amazing please, please bring it back.
-A Very VERY Big Fan

Shirley Starkloff October 15, 2010 at 10:06 am

It was a big mistake to cansel a great show. My family all watched the show. Talk about breaking up a family night. Put the show back on.

lucy October 13, 2010 at 7:42 am

I think It was a big mistake to take cancel Ghost Whisperer!! Great show.
Very few shows worth watching show have no content, stupid or reality. Who need reality we live it everyday. We want a entertainment show.

jessica October 12, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I think It was a big mistake to take cancel Ghost Whisperer!! Great show. They should have cancelled Rules of Engagement.

Macarena October 8, 2010 at 7:34 am

The Ghost Whisperer was great. I think that it was a big mistake to cancel the show. Frankly, the shows that are out there right now are really crappy and I find myself not even turning on the TV anymore. Ghost Whisperer had some actual content and was really entertaining. I am sad that little by little, television programming is becoming boring and senseless. Sad.

emma October 5, 2010 at 4:27 pm

dont worry guys…. we could still watch it on we tv or ion television..i think