Kitchen Nightmares: FOX Reality Show Renewed for Season Three? Really?

Kitchen NightmaresFOX has ordered another round of Kitchen Nightmares, one of FOX’s two reality series starring outspoken Chef Gordon Ramsay.

The program follows Ramsay as he travels across the country, helping struggling restaurants and getting both owners and staff in line.

Curiously, FOX has announced that they’re renewing Kitchen Nightmares for a third season. That seems a little strange since the show has been around since Fall 2007.

It turns out that season one was stretched across 17 months. The 24 episodes ran from September 2007 all the way until January 2009. The 14 installments of season two began running in January 2010. They’ll likely finish airing in May.

FOX couldn’t tell us how many episodes have been ordered this time around and it hasn’t been decided yet when season three will begin airing.

What do you think? Are you glad that Kitchen Nightmares will be back next season?

Adjacent May 17, 2011 at 8:38 am

Glad to see Kitchen Nightmares back! Easily my favourite US reality show. I do miss the UK format/version, and the 3-day generic format does get tiresome, but its all due to being in that Friday night deathslot I’d assume coupled with a low budget perhaps?

Either way, its still a brilliant and pretty much honest reality show. It’s still very entertaining too. I think its his best show. Can’t wait for the next season and very very glad to hear it’s been renewed! :D

Scott Perkins September 29, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I really enjoy Kitchen Knightmares and am very happy to see that there will be a season 3, yet probably like every other fan would like to know when the new season starts.
It would also be great to see what has happened to all of the Restaurants in the US that he featured in past episodes instead of just a few.

kellie May 13, 2010 at 12:20 am

I love the show because you get a good look on how some of these restraunts that we eat in every day are so dirty. if it wasnt for him we would still be eating in dirt THANK YOU GORDON FOR CLEANING THEM UP…….KEEP DOING IT

kathleen April 30, 2010 at 6:18 pm

im glad gordon will be back. it gives us an idea about how dirty restraunts can be.

Spike March 23, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Please, PLEASE just cancel @#$%ing Gordon Ramsey GARBAGE shows.

Aaron March 21, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Chef Ramsey is the Shiznit. This is one of the best shows on TV. I would love to open a restraunt, have it fail and have Gordon come rescue me just for the experience of working side-by-side with him. Forget all the celebrity chefs, Ramsey is the “Real Deal”.

kellie May 13, 2010 at 12:21 am

I AGREE 100%

wayne March 20, 2010 at 6:46 pm

Yes! Great show. Glad to hear it renewed. There are a lot of people in this country in the restaurant business and we love watching and getting ideas from Chef Ramsey.

Anonymous March 20, 2010 at 3:59 pm

I prefer the UK version because it’s a tad longer. Gordon Ramsay narrates his shows so it’s perceived he has more empathy rather than the American narrator giving him an aloof air. Also, there’s a 6 week follow-up with the British version so as to demonstrate how (un)successful the new format works. Stateside, we’re left with the hopes that the owner/chef/restaurateur is left to fend of insolvency.

Judy Morrill March 19, 2010 at 7:11 pm

The show’s great! I love Gordon.

Chief Plonker March 19, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Funny evryone else thinks that season 3 is running now as well. Bring back ramsay;s kitchen nightmares from the UK. The new 3 day format sucks!

Lisa March 18, 2010 at 11:29 am

I could not be happier though I note that in Kitchen Nightmares, Gordon does not instigate fights, he is usually the recipient after giving the owner his honest (brutally refreshing?) opinion of the food. I enjoy hurling my opinions at the big screen, shouting out “Fire Eric!!” or something else that seems patently obvious to me but lost on the restaurant owner as to why the restaurant is failing. I like the show, I don’t know how he does it but it’s enjoyable and I would really hate to see it go.

mattias March 18, 2010 at 5:10 am

I actually love this show. The best part is that Gordon isn’t afraid to let people know that they’re idiots who went in to the restaurant business in the first place. So I’m happy there’ll be a season three.

Spencer March 17, 2010 at 2:06 pm

This is a GREAT show!

For all of the idiots in the world who we encounter, Gordon Ramsay lets us voyeuristically give these few select dopes a slap upside the head.

Fortunately, my TiVo is in HD, so this show is extra satisfying.