Last Resort: Season One Ratings

ABC TV series Last Resort ratingsWill Last Resort finally bring ABC great ratings in its timeslot or will it be cancelled — like last season’s Charlie’s Angels remake? We’ll have to wait and see.

The first season of Last Resort typically airs Thursday nights at 8pm on the ABC network. The cast includes Andre Braugher, Scott Speedman, Daisy Betts, Robert Patrick, Daniel Lissing, Dichen Lachman, Camille de Pazzis, Sahr Ngaujah, Jessy Schrams, and Autumn Reeser.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Last Resort is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final series averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.26 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Thursday, 01/24/13 (series finale)
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 5.48 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 1.38 in the demo with 6.26 million.

Episode 01-12: Thursday, 01/17/13
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 5.07 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.39 in the demo with 6.33 million.

Episode 01-11: Thursday, 01/10/13
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 5.81 million (+18% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 6.44 million.

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 12/13/12
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 4.94 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.45 in the demo with 6.50 million.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 12/06/12
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 5.44 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.50 in the demo with 6.68 million.

Episode 01-08: Thursday, 11/29/12
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 5.20 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.54 in the demo with 6.83 million.

UPDATE: ABC has cancelled the series but all 13 episodes are expected to air.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 11/15/12
1.2 in the demo (-14% change) with 5.68 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 1.61 in the demo with 7.06 million.

ABC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-06: Thursday, 11/08/12
1.4 in the demo (+8% change) with 5.98 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.68 in the demo with 7.29 million.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 10/25/12
1.3 in the demo (-24% change) with 6.53 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.74 in the demo with 7.56 million.

UPDATE: ABC has ordered two additional scripts.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 10/18/12
1.7 in the demo (+6% change) with 7.06 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.85 in the demo with 7.81 million.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 10/11/12
1.6 in the demo (-16% change) with 6.89 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 1.90 in the demo with 8.07 million.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 10/04/12
1.9 in the demo (-14% change) with 8.00 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 2.05 in the demo with 8.66 million.

Last Resort TV show supportEpisode 01-01: Thursday, 09/27/12
2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.31 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.20 in the demo with 9.31 million.

Year-to-year, the network was up slightly but that’s not very encouraging when you consider ABC was airing the big bomb known as Charlie’s Angels. It was a distant third in its timeslot in the demo and a close third in viewers — behind The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men on CBS and The X Factor on FOX. This is a tough timeslot but Last Resort clearly didn’t rise to the challenge.

What do you think? Do you like the Last Resort TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Chris November 2, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I love last resort and I hope dearly that they don’t cancel the show. It would break my heart!

AR November 2, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Last Resort shouldn’t be cancelled but the storyline can only go so far

Jessica November 2, 2012 at 5:04 am

I am absolutely obsessed with this show. The story line is amazing, it keeps me on the edge of my seat…and the actors are easy on the eyes :). I will be really upset if this show gets cancelled. I agree with the other viewers, try it in a new time slot.

JO Bisset November 1, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I really enjoy this show. Move it to 9:00 on Monday nights. Get rid of the reality crap on TV and give these rich colorful shows a chance.

Billy November 1, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Excellent, excellent show! I can’t wait for Thursday nights! So many plot lines, twists and turns. My whole family loves it, and any friend I’ve had watch episodes, which we’ve streamed on abc.com, have fallen in love with it. I really hope ABC doesn’t cancel the show :(

Tim Dehoogh October 31, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I really enjoy this show and why would they cancelled a great show why would in the world they do that this show is going to be great it will show how sometimes a political decision not a military one is the decision is only one to be made . It is kinda strange but thrilling story line having a female officer on board a SSBN USS Colorado being an Admiral’s daughter. I truly hope ABC won’t cancelled this show just adjust the time slot and maybe increase by an hour .

Mike McTague October 31, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Finally, an intelligent program and already there is talk of cancelling it. Move it to another night, don’t give up on this terrific new show, and please, no more reality shows !

Gabriel October 31, 2012 at 12:08 am

Awesome show. Love the speed of the action and the choice of actors is fantastic. The episode Just keep getting better and better. Please do not cancel this one

Sherri October 29, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I’m with some of the others commenting here especially Lisa Kay. Some of the best shows in television have taken awhile to find their audience. I’m really tired of losing shows such as “Awake” getting canceled just as we begin to get attached. I feel the ones that get canceled are the ones that aren’t gimmicky or formulaic enough. It’s really frustrating and driving more and more of us to cable.

Toni McMurtrey October 29, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Love this show! Please do not cancel! Finally we a great, exciting, show to watch. Great actors, good plot, totally feasible in today’s world.

Andrew October 26, 2012 at 11:01 pm

I really like Last Resort, but like others have mentioned, it got stuck in an extremely loaded time slot on Thurs night at 8pm between Big Bang Theory on CBS, Xfactor on Fox, Voice on NBC, and Vampire Diaries on CW. All those shows already have proven heavy followings and putting Last Resort up against that is almost unjust. They should have moved Grey’s Anatomy to the 8pm slot and give Last Resort the 9pm slot where it would have had more sway against CW’s own freshman show Beauty and the Beast. Give it a chance to develop next season and to grow a fan base, but more importantly, no matter what you decide, give us a darn ending and wrap up the show properly with all questions answered if you are going to cancel the show. I’m tired of watching uncomplete shows with unanswered questions because networks just cancels on the whim.

Why Watch October 26, 2012 at 11:13 am

This is a rather good show and one of the few on TV I bother watching. It’s different and the storyline plays well so far. What I would ask of ABC is to try showing it at a different time, Thurs at 8 is a killer time slot. The episode last night was perhaps the best since the pilot.

Ellen October 25, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I also think Last Resort has an interesting story line & look forward to the following episodes & have heard that this is another show that may be cancelled.

My husband & I find ourselves transitioning from TV series to watching “movies” as we’re tired of getting into a series only to find it will be cancelled in the middle of the show. If TV intends to survive they need more shows like Last Resort and it has to have a beginning and an end.

From what I understand survival is based on the amount of viewers watching commercials. Perhaps viewers would watch commercials if they were shorter & less of them.

Jackie October 25, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Last Resort is the best show on TV! The actors are excellent and the story line keeps me looking forward to 8pm each Thursday. I hope more viewers tune in – this show should not be cancelled.

LisaKay October 22, 2012 at 8:49 pm

I’m getting so tired of network TV and their lack of commitment to new shows. Maybe my family is just plain weird, but we always like the shows that end up getting canceled — and don’t really like most of the “popular” shows that top the charts week after week (how much realty TV does America need!?!) Last Resort has an interesting story, great acting, and a strong cast. I just wish ABC would commit to the season, and at least let the writers complete the story arc. Note to network execs: if you keep yanking shows prematurely, America might just stop watching network TV altogether. Gotta love cable.

Nancy October 29, 2012 at 2:44 pm

My husband and I enjoy this show. The story line is not completely known which holds our interest. You’re not sure who is good/bad. It’s a good show to keep you guessing and waiting for the next episode. We hope it doesn’t get cancelled.