Last Resort: Season One Ratings

ABC TV series Last Resort ratingsWill Last Resort finally bring ABC great ratings in its timeslot or will it be cancelled — like last season’s Charlie’s Angels remake? We’ll have to wait and see.

The first season of Last Resort typically airs Thursday nights at 8pm on the ABC network. The cast includes Andre Braugher, Scott Speedman, Daisy Betts, Robert Patrick, Daniel Lissing, Dichen Lachman, Camille de Pazzis, Sahr Ngaujah, Jessy Schrams, and Autumn Reeser.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Last Resort is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final series averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.26 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Thursday, 01/24/13 (series finale)
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 5.48 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 1.38 in the demo with 6.26 million.

Episode 01-12: Thursday, 01/17/13
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 5.07 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.39 in the demo with 6.33 million.

Episode 01-11: Thursday, 01/10/13
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 5.81 million (+18% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 6.44 million.

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 12/13/12
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 4.94 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.45 in the demo with 6.50 million.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 12/06/12
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 5.44 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.50 in the demo with 6.68 million.

Episode 01-08: Thursday, 11/29/12
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 5.20 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.54 in the demo with 6.83 million.

UPDATE: ABC has cancelled the series but all 13 episodes are expected to air.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 11/15/12
1.2 in the demo (-14% change) with 5.68 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 1.61 in the demo with 7.06 million.

ABC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-06: Thursday, 11/08/12
1.4 in the demo (+8% change) with 5.98 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.68 in the demo with 7.29 million.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 10/25/12
1.3 in the demo (-24% change) with 6.53 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.74 in the demo with 7.56 million.

UPDATE: ABC has ordered two additional scripts.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 10/18/12
1.7 in the demo (+6% change) with 7.06 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.85 in the demo with 7.81 million.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 10/11/12
1.6 in the demo (-16% change) with 6.89 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 1.90 in the demo with 8.07 million.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 10/04/12
1.9 in the demo (-14% change) with 8.00 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 2.05 in the demo with 8.66 million.

Last Resort TV show supportEpisode 01-01: Thursday, 09/27/12
2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.31 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.20 in the demo with 9.31 million.

Year-to-year, the network was up slightly but that’s not very encouraging when you consider ABC was airing the big bomb known as Charlie’s Angels. It was a distant third in its timeslot in the demo and a close third in viewers — behind The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men on CBS and The X Factor on FOX. This is a tough timeslot but Last Resort clearly didn’t rise to the challenge.

What do you think? Do you like the Last Resort TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Ramongv92 December 10, 2012 at 8:39 am

This is the best show I have seen in a long time. If they really end up canceling it i will be completly disappointed. Its getting even better. please there have to be a way. I love this show.

Matt December 8, 2012 at 2:53 pm

This is honestly my favorite show on tv and if it doesnt get renewd, i will be extremley angry.

Mike D. December 8, 2012 at 11:00 am

I am also very sorry to hear that this show has been canceled. It is a great show with with good acting and plot that keeps you glued to your TV!!! I know it is ultimately about the money. However if I were buying ads I would rather my ads be shown during this show than the vast majority of TV shows where the audience can ignore the majority of the show (and the commercials) and still know what is going on!!!

Scott December 8, 2012 at 7:10 am

This is a great show!!! Please keep it !!!!!

Chris December 7, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Please give the show another season to see what it can do. It’s like hiring a head coach and because he goes 6-6 or 5-7 in first season, doesn’t mean you have to fire him. You give him another year to see what he can do.

Jason Gonzalez December 7, 2012 at 10:02 am

I liked Last Resort. I am angry that it is getting pulled off the air! Why can’t this stupid network known as ABC keep the show going?

Mike&Angie December 6, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Started watching since it first aired we love it and look forward to thursdays. Sad to see it end.

JJ Goode December 5, 2012 at 11:50 pm

I really like the show, so I’m hoping that a miracle happens to change its current order of 13 episodes.

Matt December 2, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Great show; it’s ashame ABC canceled it.

Ed brown December 1, 2012 at 11:09 am

Love it. Keep it. Waiting for the washington dc plot to come alive more.

Rick November 30, 2012 at 4:54 pm

What idiot decided the cancel this show?

Alex November 30, 2012 at 4:33 pm

My opinion as to why this show got cancelled has nothing to do with “Popular time slots” or anything. ABC knew that this show had a great story line and alot of potential… However, in my opinion, the government recognized this show and all of the corrupt government officials in the show. This have them a scare because the show was hitting a little bit too close to home with all of the secrets that the government was hiding. Because our government did not want people to start thinking about the reality of real secrets that they hide from us, they had ABC cancel the show… If this is the case, the show can be brought back with the assistance of the first amendment.

Liz Lixx November 17, 2012 at 7:37 pm

There is too much competition in that time slot. I really enjoy this show. It has great characters, good action, great story lines (I had no problem following them) and acting. I look forward to it every week. They should move it to a new night and give it a fair chance.

Kerry Greulich November 17, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Keep Last Resort! Once Upon A Time is the only other decent show on ABC. I’m surprised they renewed it for another season. TV is full of crap shows and I am tired of every show that I like getting cancelled. Give them a chance or don’t put them on at all.

kate fredericks November 17, 2012 at 2:18 am

I see it has already been cancelled but I still would like to add my voice to this. I was going to write that I am still on the wait and see list. I think for such a stellar cast, it became far too lumbering for most viewers to get invested. The story was wonderful – better than Revolution in my opinion. In fact, over all, I still think it’s a far smarter and better show – sort of popcorn light next to dark fudge. It had tremendous potential for an exciting, action-filled apocalyptic story line. But we needed time to bond with the characters. When my husband had to start explaining plots to me, I started to yawn. They didn’t pull us in, deciding instead to create a Lost – like scenario that might have worked with a less complicated storyline.

kate fredericks November 17, 2012 at 2:51 am

Sorry – my Kindle was acting up! To continue – I had really looked forward to watching this show and I am sorry they cancelled it. One of the reasons these goofy networks aren’t getting the ratings they used to isn’t just about the cable competition they keep blaming it on. Another reason I held back is that I have learned that networks have NOT learned to allow a show with great promise like Last Resort time to grow, stretch, fix things that aren’t right and build an audience. I don’t think we’d have Bones any longer in today’s climate. So, the audiences are getting smarter in their viewing – don’t invest time if there is a whiff of the big C word about it. We are tired of having our hearts broken. And so, as I predicted over the past several years as networks played it safer and safer, we, the viewer, took their new series less seriously knowing it most likely would be cancelled. And so, now the networks are whining that their numbers are slipping faster than they can churn out the dumb comedies or reality shows to replace scripted shows that down the road might have lifted the ratings far higher than these fluff things can provide. I have written letter after letter for underrated shows as Journeyman and Moonlight in the past and the Event just last year (I think). We never even got to find out what The Event was. Why should WE then be loyal in any way to them? You break our hearts long enough and eventually we will find other avenues for entertainment. I believe this is the elephant in the room that nobody at NBC (a particularly nasty network for hit and run series), ABC, CBS (don’t get to comfortable, guys, you are not fallible nor not guilty of doing this more and more, too) and FOX (with the shortsighted cancellation of Alcatraz last season, they finally entered the arena in my opinion). God bless CW – the other networks and TV snobs love to make fun of CW’s penchant to hang on to the lowest rated series and even though CBS now owns it, this season’s offerings are showing first time potential for their upwards climb. Arrow is a stunning example that tenacity and putting out what the viewer wants and standing by other understatedly brilliant series as Hart od Dixie and using other methods such as July as marketing tools CAN work. If the bigger networks do not get this, I predict that in a couple of years, CW will be in the running and the networks bloated with their reality/comedy shows will be wondering what happened. I hope I’m still around to explain it to them. Might be too late, but maybe the concept of viewer loyalty will finally sink into their shiny domes. Thanks for giving me a place to blow off some steam

kate fredericks November 17, 2012 at 2:57 am

Sorry – darn auto correct – that was other avenues for entertainment such as hulu, not July. That has to be the weirdest transition my little Kindle brain ever made!!!