Medium: CBS Teases the Cancelled TV Show’s Final Episode

MediumWe already know that the last episode of CBS’ cancelled Medium series will take place in the present, seven years into the future and then 40 years after that. The network has now issued a press release that gives us a few more clues about the TV show’s conclusion. Note that Sasha Pieterse is credited with playing a 14-year-old version of youngest daughter Marie (Madison Carabello).

It’s also worth noting that this is the first time that the network has officially confirmed that the series is ending. Up until now, we’ve only heard the cancellation news from star Patricia Arquette and executive producer Glenn Gordon Caron.

Here’s the press release…

ALLISON AND JOE BEGIN NEW CAREERS THAT TAKE THEM IN DIFFERENT DIRECTONS, ON THE SERIES FINALE OF “MEDIUM,” FRIDAY, JAN. 21

“Me Without You” – When Allison becomes a lawyer and Joe starts a new job, the Dubois family is forever changed, on the series finale of MEDIUM, Friday, Jan. 21 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

David: Charlie Koznick
Attorney #1: J. Paul Boehmer
Bailiff: Geno Monteiro
Reporter #1: Gina St. John
Rest Home Worker: Arianna Ortiz
Reporter #2: Kaiyana Rain

WRITTEN BY: Executive Producers: Craig Sweeny, Robert Doherty & Glenn Gordon Caron

DIRECTED BY: Peter Werner

RATING: To Be Announced

Monica April 9, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I’m so upset that the series Medium has been canceled. I really connected with this show…

Dee April 2, 2012 at 7:38 pm

I still miss Medium. I really liked how the family interacted and the realism of their challenges in dealing with a “special” Mom and each other. Each character was developed well and interesting. The ending was fine – nice that the writers tied up some loose ends. But this inventive, creative family show is missed.

Andy June 6, 2011 at 12:36 pm

You know this cancellation was coming once CBS got rid of Ghostwhisper

Skylar May 4, 2011 at 7:59 pm

YES CBS SUCKS.. They should cancel the program director!!!! I wonder what idot is in charge and who pays him off to cancel good shows & put on crap.. Cause that is the only way a person with any brains can get a job like that. Watch they will blame the actors or writers not wanting to continue… HEY CBS CAN YOU CANCEL YOURSELF

Tracey February 12, 2011 at 10:58 am

Can’t believe it! So frickin bummed! What a shame- my favorite show canceled. Bye CBS!

kathy January 30, 2011 at 10:50 am

why was medium cancelled this was the best show on friday night, i have been watching it since it statred and i will miss my show this was one of the greatest shows of all time.

Barbara Davis January 28, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I mised the last show and didnt know it was going off the air and was so disappointed when it wasnt on. Will the last episode or any others be re-run or perhaps the whole series re-run. This show was always thehighlight of the TV week for me

Gail January 25, 2011 at 6:40 am

I am so upset and disappointed……….I had not heard anything about a cancellation. My Husband and I had the show tivo like we usually do, and just watched the episode last night. From the start, we kept expecting Allison to wake up and it be a bad dream, but I kept having goosebumps all the way through…………..when they actually showed Allison finding Joe in Mexico, we actually looked at the information about the episode, and saw it said Series Finale……………….I cried through most of this show………..could not believe they killed off Joe……….CBS has ruined shows after shows…………at first we thought they were pulling off a stunt like Ghost Whisperer, and killing off a main character and jumping 7 years in the future, and thinking, boy they are going to screw this show up to, but then realizing it was a final episode, we both were so bummed…….it seems any show we like gets cancelled…………..The only show left that we watch on CBS is Mike and Molly, and haven’t heard if that will return or not…………….

Ayeasha Anglin January 24, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I am soooooo pissed that the Medium show was cancled. It’s like one of the best shows! They need to bring it back!!! I am in shock, because I did not know that it was being cancled & I just saw the final episode & was dumb founded so I GOOGLED & found out that it was indeed cancled. Man, I can’t beleive it! this just sucks!

SJH January 24, 2011 at 4:03 pm

What idiots … CBS cancels good shows and keeps garbage! Why don’t they take Charlie Sheen off – since it is never anything but low class … and keep something a little more wholesome – like Medium, Ghostwhisper … good grief – I guess it’s now ABC for us!