Missing: Will It Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

cancelled or season two Missing TV showEarlier this year, ABC introduced a thriller series called The River. It wasn’t a ratings success and will surely be cancelled later this month. Now, the network is trying an action show called Missing. Will this one fare any differently?

Missing follows Becca Winstone (Ashley Judd), a former CIA operative who’s made a new life for her herself as a single mother and a florist. She agrees to let her son Michael (Nick Eversman) study abroad but, a few weeks into his trip, he disappears and she suspects foul play. Becca arrives in Rome and begins piecing together the clues and it isn’t long before the kidnappers realize they’ve picked a fight with the wrong woman. The cast also includes Cliff Curtis, Tereza Voriskova, Adriano Giannini, and Sean Bean.

The series debuted on March 15th and attracted a 2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.6 million total viewers. That wasn’t a bad performance considering that Missing was airing opposite American Idol and the hyped return on NBC’s Community. CBS was airing a low-rated NCAA Basketball game instead of their usual sitcoms.

In week two, Missing dropped a whopping 24% in the demo and dropped to fourth place in the timeslot (beaten by Idol, Community, and more basketball) with a 1.6 rating and 8.81 million. In week three, the demo dropped another 6% and the show remained in fourth place.

Over the course of this season, Missing’s ratings have slowly dwindled further downward. In fact, the show’s demo numbers have never risen.

Should Missing be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Last night’s installment of Missing dropped another 14%, to a new series low, with a 1.2 in the demo and 6.32 million total viewers. It’s demo rating was tied for fourth place in the timeslot — with The CW’s Vampire Diaries.

When a series on a major network ties (or is beaten) by something airing on The CW, you know there’s a major problem.

Missing is currently ranked 21st out of 22 scripted ABC shows this season. It currently has a “D” grade on our ABC Ratings Report Card and is only outperforming Charlie’s Angels average — that was the remake that occupied the same timeslot and was cancelled last November.

Though ABC hasn’t said as much, there’s no chance that Missing will be renewed for a second season. The ratings are just too low — and they keep going lower.

On the positive side, there are only two episodes left in the season so it seems very likely that the network will let them both air before cancelling the show.

But, what do you think? Are you enjoying Missing? Is it worth renewing or should it have been cancelled awhile ago?

Bertha August 29, 2014 at 12:21 am

I too am disappointed that there was not a 2nd season. The way season 1 ended left a person hanging, wondering what happen …? I would like to see a second season of “Missing.” It held my attention … Lots of action and suspense ….

Thank you for your time.

Anonymous June 20, 2014 at 12:08 am

It was the best show ever. Let it go on!!!!!!!

Barbara Cosgrove April 26, 2014 at 12:35 pm

I liked it very much. I would love to see more, especially resolving the conflict. The plot is good and the acting is great.

Anonymous April 24, 2014 at 11:20 pm

I thought it wasw terrible. A vanity exercise for Ashley Judd who could do no wrong as the lead, so smug and full of her own importance. Plus the disaster of the face!!!

Lowell Cosgrove March 18, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Just found this show, Missing, and are enjoying it on Hulu. My wife was saddened when I told her the show had been cancelled. We love the characters and the plot. Thought I would let you know.

Kylie March 10, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Please please please I’m begging to have this rought back, I am from the UK and watched a few episodes in Egypt when on my holidays and most nights I would not leave the room because if this programme is amazing I have since bought te DVD imported and learnt today there is no more missing I realy want to cry this has hot to be the best series I have ever ever watched all my friends and family now watch this and it’s better than any other British programme on TV pleaseeee

Nancy February 11, 2014 at 12:55 am

Have been hoping that season 2 of Missing would start soon. Now I find it has been cancelled. Why is it that when something worthwhile comes along it does not last. Meanwhile all that drivel about vampires etc. go on and on and on………

Harry D. February 6, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Missing Has to Start Again , That Was The Best Show I Ever Watched In My Life . It Was such an interesting story and the way season 1 ended it makes no sense to cancel it a lot of people like this show and to cancel it like that is not fair . My whole family got into watching this this is one of the best shows out there . please please pleaseee bring this show back , I Really like it . So INTERESTING !!!!!!!!!

suzanne pequeno January 7, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Whattt the missing was the best my entire family and friends I knew and there fams were extremely disspointed its cancelled. I waited soooo long wondering when it was gonna be back and I find out today. I figured maybe they wete taking long on the new second season but noooo. I watch the vampire diaries alos hel yeah its the best. But I think people would get better ans the best ratings if theu repllayed it on a day or repeated shows incase people missed it. People work go to school and its a bummer maybe thats a reason why the numbers are lowww

Anonymous November 19, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I was really looking forward to a season 2 but as usual something good gets canceled. Would of been good to see more season

Odong Charles November 11, 2013 at 4:46 am

do you have season two missing?

admin November 11, 2013 at 6:24 am

It was cancelled after season one. There is no season two.

Tammy Ballance September 21, 2013 at 10:08 pm

I enjoyed missing very much and was looking forward to seeing back on… Too many decent shows are getting canceled because of ratings. MOST OF US END UP WATCHING SUFF WE DON’T LIKE!!

ruth reed July 19, 2013 at 10:02 am

please leave the series as i have a missing sister since 1979 !!this may help find her !