NCIS: Season 11 Ratings

NCIS season 11Last season, NCIS was the most-watched show on television with an audience of 19.3 million viewers. Will the ratings drop this season? Will the CBS show ever end? Is it already a lock for season 12? Time will tell.

On NCIS, Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon) and his team of special agents continue to investigate crimes that involve the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps. Cote de Pablo is leaving the show but the rest of the cast — Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, David McCallum, Sean Murray, Rocky Carroll, and Brian Dietzen — is sticking around.

3/13 update: This show has been renewed for the 2014-15 season by CBS.

Final season averages: 2.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 18.5 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The 10th season of NCIS averaged a 3.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 19.29 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the NCIS TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a 12th season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

139 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Mary C says

We are NCIS fans who rarely missed a show. Now we frequently forget to turn it on. The introduction of Bishop was not the problem (although we love(d) Ziva); the problem is that she has been shoved front and center and appears to be the expert problem-solver on every show. What has happened to the expertise of the rest of the group? The Bishop character should have been eased in and her talents revealed over time as the group began to know and trust her (as well as the viewers.) Gibbs would never have let anyone else take over interrogations or the lead the way the writers/directors have done with this character…it rings false. Consequently we are much less interested in what is happening although we miss the anticipation and enjoyment we once loved.

2. Toni says

Use to love NCIS now the writing is not as good and Bishop is not good at all. Why does everything revolve around her? It wouldn’t be bad it she were good but she is not, very shallow and her sitting on the floor all of the time just makes me want to scream. The whole show lacks everything that would make me want to watch. Now I just go to any station except yours so I am not bored out of my mind.

3. Val says

I use to love and NCIS. I’ve watched it a few times since Ziva Left the show. No matter how much I try to give this new character a chance I just can’t do it. Her character most definitely does not blend well with the the rest of the cast. Yes I adored Ziva. I understand she needed a break and I can deal with the fact that her character had to leave. I just think they should have did a better job with her replacement character. This is such a bad fit that it’s actually making me wish that Ziva never left. Had it been a better fit I probably wouldn’t have mi ssed Ziva as much.

4. A. Clark says

Please renew. Best show on television. Not as good since Ziva left. Please renew, but get back to the type of storylines the fans are used to – the ones with more human qualities and emotion. I think that is what the show lacks now – emotion. My favorite episode is “Heartland” where Gibbs goes back to Stillwell to solve a crime. Please do an episode dealing with Ralph Waite’s death (Gibb’s dad, Jackson).

• Carolyn says

When you do not like something you try to change it. It’s kind of like democracy. Do you have a problem with that?

5. emilia says

I liked NCIS and used to be and avid viewer, but since Ziva left the dynamics have change and everything seems to revolve around the new character. Needless to say, I don’t make it a point to watch any more. I hope the show finds a way to turn things around and make it once more entretaining.

6. A. Hudson says

I have always loved NCIS and look for the reruns every time I turn on the TV. Even the reruns are better than anything else on TV these days. I still watch on Tuesday night, but I feel the show has lost it’s pizazz. Every week I feel disappointed when the show ends. Since Bishop came all they seem to encounter is terrorism, etc, so she can miraculously solve the crime at the last minute with her analytical skills. Her character is shallow and the whole show seems to be catering to her skills and no one else’s. I’m willing to give her character time to develop, but not at the expense of the best show on TV. What happen to the good writing? What happened to the human interest stories about the NCIS families and the crimes involving them? What happened to Gibbs kindness and caring beneath his harsh exterior? What happened to Gibbs in general?Why are their so many reruns on Tuesday night? Did I miss the season finale? Has it been on TV so long that all the previous cast and behind the scenes people have grown tired of the work it takes to put on the best quality show on TV? I feel the shows success is it’s humor, humanistic quality and patriotism. No one watches for the crime element and crime solving. The fans watch for the humor, the interaction of the principle characters, their affection for each other and the story lines about their families and passed events in each of their lives. For my part Bishop can stay or go, but please NCIS, get back to the quality and standard the fans are used to and want to see every week. Please, don’t let the show crash and burn because Cote moved on.

7. Charlotte says

Still a great show— definitely renew. Love Mark Harmon as Gibbs and the rest of the cast. The change this season has been refreshing.

• flootzavut says

Begs the question, why do you watch it? And if you don’t watch it, why do you even care whether it gets renewed or not?

I’m forever baffled by people who whine about shows they don’t like. Learn how to switch channels on your tv, it’ll make life much easier for you…

8. Sharron says

The show should continue. It is a great show. I think I liked Ziva better than Kate and I would like to see her back. The new girl is not was what I expected as a replacement after a personality like Ziva. Maybe she will grow on us. I guess it depends on the writers.

• says

I agree Ziva and the rest of the team made the show. the new girl is not a good replacement for either. I think her suppose to be smart and scatter brained is horrible, she is not a Shelton. We need Ziva back.

9. Cindy says

I know Ziva David is no longer with the show. I do hope she will make guest appearances. The show has a new cast member and I’m not feeling her. I don’t think she is a good fit. She seems so out of place with the team. The scene she is not in are better.

10. says

I agree to the previous writers – the show should go on , although this fantastic character Ziva Davis is gone. The storylines are so entertaining und sometimes I quote like the Dinozzo character , which is the best way to improve my English.

11. jan says

I hope the show will continue for a few years yet. It is one of the best shows on TV. The cast work well together and it shows.

12. Sharon says

I hope this show stays on for much longer. It is still fresh and all of the characters are great. I did not like the seasons that Lauren Holly was the director as much as without her.

• Lana says

We love NCIS in our house. We will continue to watch, but are very unhappy Ziva will not be on every show. She has become such an integral part of why we watch. I’ve heard she wanted more time with her family, in Chile (?), but was told “no,” when her contract came up for negotiation. If that is true, shame on CBS!!! If it isn’t, then just why, exactly, is she leaving? This is the first time I’ve inquired what actually happened.

• Maria says

I’ve always anticipated watching NCIS on Tuesday night. Its my favorite show; however this season lacked the essence of what it used to be. Bishop, unfortunately does not add anything to the show. There is no chemistry between her and the rest of the cast. That is very important, If the show should succeed. I would be very disappointed if the show gets cancelled because of a casting mistake. Never in the 11 years of watching NCIS has it been this boring. The candle is burning out. There is still time to find a better fit.