Pan Am: Questions Will ‘Never Be Answered’ If Cancelled

Pan Am Christina Ricci on cancellation chancesIt’s no secret that Pan Am has been struggling in the ratings. As a result, ABC decided to order only one episode beyond their initial 13 installment order.

Pan Am is currently one of ABC’s lowest-rated shows and currently averages a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.76 million total viewers. That’s the same as now-cancelled Work It. The most recent episodes have been garnering a 1.2 in the demo, ensuring that the season average will keep dropping.

ABC maintains that the show has not been cancelled and Christina Ricci, the actress who plays Maggie the flight attendant, maintains that a decision won’t be made until May.

In a recent press call, she said, “I don’t really understand the ratings system and how that works or, I choose not to… If I go shopping, the people who work in the stores love the show. When I fly, all the flight attendants love the show. I know friends and family love the show. Most of them didn’t watch it during its time slot. Most of them watched it online or TiVo’d.”

Ricci doesn’t understand why Pan Am’s numbers aren’t better, but said, “I just feel like more and more people towards the end of the season are getting really into it and really saying that every show is better than the last. And that’s good, because you really want a show to have time for development and develop into something really amazing.”

There was hope that the 14th episode would be used to give the ongoing storylines some closure but Ricci says that’s not the case, “If there isn’t a season two, there will be questions that will never, ever, ever be answered.” She concluded, “But, hopefully we will get a season two and no one will know that until May.”

What do you think? Do you think Pan Am producers should have planned to end the show with episode 14 or, leave things unresolved in hopes of a second season?

Leanda March 25, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. I am absolutely hooked. It really brings me back to my childhood and makes me feel really good. There aren’t many shows out there nowadays that can do that. Please, Please, Please keep the show going.

Maria March 25, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Please do cancel pan am

Maria March 25, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Please don’t cancel the show bing it back. Cancel the bachelor garbage show, but not pan am

Barb March 22, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I don’t watch a lot of tv but when Pan Am came on, I was hooked! Please don’t cancel it! It’s the best series I have seen in a long time! I am sick to death of the Law & Order/cop shows/oh so drama queen crap.

Jackie March 21, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Pan Am really sucks! Most boring show ever. Cancell that show and keep House on.

Margaret March 20, 2012 at 10:10 am

I loved the show, but I always watched it on the way to work on Hulu the next morning. I DVRd it at home, but could never wait to get home to see it so I watched it online.

It’s a great show, the clothes are to die for!

Anonymous March 18, 2012 at 7:22 am

I love the show and look forward every Sunday
Please do not cancel.

maria March 14, 2012 at 9:44 am

I love the show, is it possible that too many people DVR the show like me.
I am not at home when the show is on. How correct are the nielsens ratings.
Because a lot has changed in time, please do not cancel.

Tiffani March 11, 2012 at 7:39 pm

PLEASE PLEASE oh PLEASE do NOT cancel this show!!!!!! I am a married mother of two who ONLY has time in her life to watch 2 shows a week, and one of the most important is Pan Am. I have been wayyy overdue for shows to watch as being a mother of two small children, and if one is gone what am I left with? Crap so-called-funny shows that I have NO interest in??? Feel for a lady here PLEASE!!!

Joan March 11, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. I look forward to watching it every Sunday. I love the characters. Please give it a chance.

Glenda March 11, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Pan Am and Once Upon A time are my two favorite TV shows. I thought maybe it was just done for the season and then I checked online. When I miss it for some reason, I catch up online.
The casting and acting are great. The costumes, props, items, and story lines related to the sixties are so well presented, I feel like I am back there living my young adult life.
Please don’t take this show off!
Glenda

P

PP

Jean March 6, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I love Pan Am. It’s my favorite show. I don’t want them to cancel it. I have really developed a fondness for the characters.

Pam March 6, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Don’t cancel Pan Am. I love it.

Aerin March 5, 2012 at 10:21 pm

ABC, please don’t cancel Pan Am! It’s one of the best shows on TV in recent seasons, in the same league as Mad Men and The Good Wife. I really don’t understand the low ratings. I’ll be extremely sorry to see it go, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it will get another chance.

Jennifer March 5, 2012 at 11:27 am

I really hope they don’t cancel this show I like it, unfortunately I think a lot of people these days Tivo or DVR the shows they like to watch later and I read that when we do that it messes with the ratings, the Nielsen people need to figure out a way to get the viewer numbers who DVR and watch on line so that its a more actuate rating.

Please don’t cancel!!!! PAN AM!