Psych: Season Eight Renewal for USA TV Series

Psych season eightShawn and Gus are staying on the case. Psych has been renewed for an eighth season on the cable channel. The news was announced this evening by USA’s Senior VP of Research, Ted Linhar.

Season seven will begin airing on February 27, 2013. The cable channel renewed Psych for 16 episodes back on January 10th of this year.

There’s no word on how many installments have been ordered for season eight but all but the first season have had 16 episodes each.

An official press release is expected to be released in the next few days and will likely include some additional details.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Psych has received an early renewal? How long do you think this show should continue?

LARRY August 10, 2013 at 4:25 pm

GREAT SHOW, LOVE IT, KEEP IT GOING FOREVER!

Diana L. July 13, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Always planned on Saturday night reruns. Please do not discontinue this show. It could go on forever with the right scripts!

Diana L. July 13, 2013 at 6:53 pm

PLEASE continue with the series. Not much to view on Saturday so always looked forward to Psych reruns. I love this show!

James June 1, 2013 at 3:53 am

I have enjoyed watching the show. I ran across it 7 years ago and I guess I haven’t missed a single episode, even with a busy schedule. it has become something my daughter and I can talk and laugh about. I know all good things must come to an end. But I would really like to see an 8th season.

Steven May 26, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I don’t think I have watched a single episode on cable. I don’t have cable. Even so, I must have seen the whole series (minus Season 7) at least 5 times on Hulu, Netflix or some on iTunes. Easily in my top 5 all time favorite shows. Right up there with Seinfeld and the Simpsons.

Marilyn Steel May 8, 2013 at 11:34 pm

What was with the “Son-of-a-Bitches” on tonight’s show (May 8). I watch the show
for the mystery and humor, but there is nothing funny about those words.

Linda April 11, 2013 at 12:45 pm

I think this is a great show. It makes me laugh so hard. Please, keep up the good work. Thank you!

don crowe December 28, 2012 at 11:47 pm

psych, is a great show , i even enjoy the re runs

pops December 21, 2012 at 12:36 am

funny stuff…

Big Mike December 20, 2012 at 2:16 am

Hell Yeah Psych is one of the best shows on tv today. I hope they renew the show at least another year to surpass Monk. When they do deciede to end the show, I hope they give the show a proper ending. I figure the end game for this show is that Shawn confesses that he is not a real Psychic.

Anonymous December 20, 2012 at 7:12 am

PSYCH is the best show on tv. I see no end in sight. Why did ION tv take Pshcy marations off on Sat afternoon.

FeliciaDayFan December 20, 2012 at 1:53 am

I’d love them to keep renewing it, it’s a great show. But more than anything, I’d like them to keep to a regular schedule. I can’t help thinking they must be losing viewers because they leave such long gaps between seasons, sometimes I feel that they take their viewers for granted a little.