The Game: Sitcom Cast (briefly) Reunites on BET

The Game cast reunionUnfortunately, there’s still no official word on BET picking up the CW’s discarded-but-beloved sitcom, The Game. While there have been plenty of rumors (here and here for example), it hasn’t happened yet.

The latest rumor of The Game being revived came last month when some of the cast tweeted that they were heading to Atlanta. Some jumped to the conclusion that they were flying in to start shooting new episodes. Not so.

They were actually reuniting for a special episode of The Mo’Nique Show, a talk show hosted by actress and comedienne Mo’Nique. Those taking part are Coby Bell, Hosea Chanchez, Brittany Daniel, Pooch Hall, Tia Mowry, and Wendy Raquel Robinson.

The cast reunion airs tonight at 10pm on BET and hopefully fans will finally hear that the revival is “Game on!”

What do you think? Will you be watching? Is this a good sign for The Game’s future or just a way to get ratings for Mo’Nique?

UPDATE: Though previews showed Mo’Nique asking the cast “Is The Game coming back?,” this portion was edited out of the actual show. No mention of the sitcom’s future was made. Disappointed?

Canceled and renewed TV show

198 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Ericka says

I am so disappointed, I fell for the rumor that The Game was at least coming back on BET. I don’t understand how the CW could just cancel a show with no finally, the only change I thought should have happened was to make the show an hour. Please bring it back.

2. Veronique Bailey says

this is one of the best shows to ever come on the air. I know that the population that watches the show are not the biggest in numbers but we are here and we deserve a quality show that protrays characters and story lines that we have been able to see in the THE GAME. This show needs to come back. The show should come back the only thing left is the when and where.

3. Ashley says

please bring it back i actually found a tv show that i really enjoy watching so please bring it back it will bring me such great pleasure to watch you have a beautiful casting crew with so much energy to bring on the comedy like everything is so real like it relates to certain people lives today so i really appreciate if you would give them a chance to come back cause i would like to see what happens thank for your time.

4. adrienne says

plzzzzzzzzzzz bring it back omg im so love with they so remind me of wat im going threw plzzzzzzzz bring it back plzzzzzz im beggggggggggggggiiiiiiinnnnn uuuuuuuuu

5. Lekesha Buckner Goliday says

I really do hope that they contiue with The Game . I really do love it , It is a show that I look foward to wacthing it everyday !

6. Kat D says

The Game needs to come back!! It had been hit a lot on You Tube Recently. They say if DVD sales go up then a lot of times the shows come back. Maybe BET will bring it back.

7. Renisha says

please bring the game back. it gives me so much hope about life. I’m tired of reruns but, I keep watching because it makes me feel good. Everybody I know loves the game.

8. Jackie says

Please Bring the Game Back Now … I miss everyone … I want to know what happen with everyone on the show … They left us hanging … I’m still pissed about that!!!

9. Caland says

How disappointing to not have an African-American based show (not featuring police officers) on the air! Hopefully, something will be worked out to bring back the original cast (with quality story lines) and at least give the faithful fans some closure.