The Gates: ABC TV Show Cancelled; Stars and Writers React and Thank Fans

The GatesAs expected, ABC has cancelled The Gates after one season on the air. The ratings certainly didn’t dictate a second season and a couple weeks ago, series star Frank Grillo said that he’d heard unofficially that the show wouldn’t be back.

Though even actress Lindsay Lohan wanted to see it return, it’s now been confirmed that The Gates has indeed been cancelled. Some of the people connected with the show have tweeted about the series’ passing.

From the show’s Twitter feed comes, “We would like to thank our followers for sticking with us through this great journey.”

Gates creator Richard Hatem wrote simply, “Thanks to everyone who loved it. DVD set to be released…someday?”

Consulting producer and writer Robert Hewitt Wolfe tweeted, “Thank you to #TheGates fans, crew & cast for a great run. It was a blast. Seriously some of the best fans ever.” He later posted, “4 sale, lux devlpmnt/incrprtd town w/ upscale owners, prvt police/fire, exclnt school, occasional mysterious death”

Colton L Haynes wrote, “Was a great/fun experience and thk u all for coming along for the ride!. He followed that up with, “THE GATES cast and crew: thk u all for the good times! Learned alot and had a great summer with u all! Cheers to the future!” and posted this photo with #ripBrettCreski. Wolfe responded, “Sob… Too young!”

The GatesJames Preston looks forward to the future, tweeting, “No worries gates fans follow us on to our new exciting roles!” Travis Caldwell echoed that sentiment, saying, “its all good more to come from all of us !!!”

Justin Miles wrote, “We gave em a hell of a run, though…” Janina Gavankar feels similarly, saying, “Sad. But we’re incredibly proud of what we made.”

Young McKaley Miller tweeted, “thank you guys for all the support!! seriously, y’all are awesome!! #TheGates is officially over, but it was such a great experience!! TY :)”

Andrea Powell wrote, “Thanks for all the love, fans of #TheGates. We’ll miss you! :-*”

Rachel Dipillo wrote, “We had a fun ride on The Gates. Love everyone I worked with and can’t wait to see what you do next! #RIPLEXIEWADE”

Grillo tweeted, “Thanks to all of you for supporting us. It made the whole thing worth it. Lots more fun stuff coming.” Grillo also said that he’d share what would have happened in the second season. After son Charlie is saved, Nick and his family would have stayed in the Gates community. The Radcliffs decide to take a break from one another. Leigh becomes the head of the police and Nick takes over the Gates board and oversees the community.

What do you think? Are you sorry that The Gates won’t be back for season two? What would you have liked to see happen?

biggmakk August 27, 2012 at 9:59 pm

the gates wasso addicting i took three days and watched all episodes back to back, what a great show and very disappointed to find out its finished what a load of shit that is….

jj August 27, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Omg, just watched all 13 within 24 hours.. Are u kidding me.. why would u not bring it back. I never even knew about it when it was airing.. pleassssse bring it back and this time broadcast people.. Let the public know.

Brian C. from Virginia August 27, 2012 at 5:21 am

Yes, I also agree w/ mostly everyone else, it was def. too much of great show to be cancelled just like that. Even if the ratings were bad, its unfortunate that great shows like this get cancelled. : / The ratings were probably bad because of how unheard of it was. Please come back on…

Tony Santos August 26, 2012 at 5:56 am

I never heard of the show and just happened to download and watch it last week! Are you kidding me? This is such a great show to be cancelled just like that! I think the problem does not lie with the show or the actors, it’s with the bad promotion and time slot. I checked the news and sad to say that it only lasted for one season. Kudos to all you guys! I am very entertained!

Sara August 26, 2012 at 5:22 am

They just started airing it here in Sweden and now after watching all the episodes like the addict I became, I now read that there is No More episodes to see! Why on earth was this show cancelled? There seems to be a whole lot of people that actually loved this show!!

Sherri August 22, 2012 at 9:00 pm

PLEASE BRING THIS SHOW BACK!!!!! It was my FAVORITE show and I am very disappointed not to see more!! Shame on ABC….WHAT A TERRIBLE PLACE TO LEAVE OFF!!!!

jackie from ohio August 22, 2012 at 11:33 am

I am 60 years old and I LOVED this show, I did not know it had been canceled and kept waiting for it to return. What is wrong with people that they did not like this show? It had everything.

kiesha August 19, 2012 at 5:03 pm

R u kidding me pleaseeeeeeeeee bring it back…..I didn’t even know about it untill I see it me and my family was watching it and some friends its badddd bring it back

Michelle From Sweden August 19, 2012 at 8:17 am

COME ON!!! LOVED THIS SHOW!! KEEP GOING! Don’t stop!

Sherri August 18, 2012 at 11:01 am

Well, if you like corny vampire shows, then I guess you’d like this one. But I don’t, so I didn’t. I watched 3 episodes, maybe. That was enough for me. Maybe the Twilight group would be into this.

Sherri August 22, 2012 at 9:02 pm

NOTHING LIKE TWILIGHT. Just saying.

BJT August 16, 2012 at 12:40 am

this was one of the best shows have ever seen!!! do not believed it was cancelled so , so diapointed wished they would bring it back on

E August 14, 2012 at 9:57 pm

This show sucked. I stopped watching it after 3 episodes. They should also cancel Grimm – another boring crap fest.

Clarissa August 10, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I just watched it on netflix and since the first episode i was addicted and now i hear there isnt going to be a new season and it was cancel i was extremely disappointed since it was a really good show. Now theses days all the good shows are being cancel and this is the second time happening to me . I think they sjould bring back the show and i know theres going to be even higher ratings since alot of people are watching it on netflix and so on.

Jana from Sweden August 10, 2012 at 3:03 am

Hi all! Just watched all 13 episodes of the Gates in a week. Cant get enough of it. The first episode is just being broadcasted here in Sweden and since I love the gengre I couldnt wait but downloaded them all. Is there any news about a second season at all?
Anybody?
I must have it
Love Jana from Sweden

Sherri August 22, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Absolutely agree!!

T August 3, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Please, please, oh please don’t be over!! Wow!