The Mob Doctor: First New Show to be Cancelled?

Mob Doctor TV show canceled first?A couple years ago, FOX cancelled a Monday night TV show with low ratings, Lone Star, after two episodes. Will The Mob Doctor see history repeat itself? Will this new TV series be cancelled after tonight’s episode?

The Mob Doctor stars Jordana Spiro as a talented young doctor who moonlights as a physician for Chicago mobsters while watching out for her family and working at a hospital. Others in the cast include Floriana Lima, Zach Gilford, Željko Ivanek, Wendy Makkena, Jesse Lee Soffer, William Forsythe, and James Carpinello.

The drama premiered to a disappointing 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.11 million total viewers. It received lots of negative reviews, lost a significant percentage of its Bones lead-in, only tied for third place in its timeslot, and hasn’t even faced the very popular programming on ABC and CBS yet.

Based on last week’s ratings and tonight’s full schedule, it’s reasonable to expect that Mob Doctor is going to take a big beating in the ratings. FOX could cancel and pull the show — as they did with Lone Star — or, they could move it around the schedule instead.

Should Mob Doctor be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

One option would be to send it packing to Friday nights. X Factor reruns are airing there right now and Touch is scheduled to debut on Fridays on October 26th. The network could switch the two dramas and return Kiefer Sutherland to his old 24 timeslot. FOX also has Kitchen Nightmares and several other shows waiting in the wings.

TV show supportUltimately, Mob Doctor’s immediate fate will depend on how low the ratings sink and how much faith the network has in the series. Either way, it already looks certain that, unless the ratings start to climb, Mob Doctor won’t be getting an additional episode order or a second season renewal.

What do you think? Should FOX stick with Mob Doctor or just cancel it already? Is it a better show than the ratings seem to indicate?

pat January 20, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Love this show, disappointed it has been canceled.

Michelle January 19, 2013 at 12:19 am

I’ve been watching this show on demand and have become hooked. I’ve been telling my coworkers they need to get involved. Please give it another shot.

JOY January 18, 2013 at 4:17 pm

The Mob Doctor was my reason for living. Now, I have no excuse for breathing. I hope you can live with yourselves when I am gone. PLEASE PLEASE bring the mob doctor back! My grandchildren will certainly miss me.

Kathy January 9, 2013 at 9:38 am

Please do not cancel MOB DOCTORS!! TINO just told Grace he was her father…come on now!!!! PLEASE KEEP IT GOING!!! LOVE IT!! BEST SHOW EVER!!!!

Brenda January 8, 2013 at 8:03 am

Love the show. Had my tv scheduled to record it so I would not miss a single episode now its gone? What are you doing? How are we going to find out what really happens?

Brenda January 8, 2013 at 7:56 am

Absolutely love the show. Had it recorded so I would not miss a single episode now what am I going to do? So many questions need to be answered!

Peter January 7, 2013 at 10:16 pm

This is such a good show…big mistake.

beth perry January 7, 2013 at 10:11 pm

I can’t beleive this is the last night for Mob Boss! There is nothing else on on Monday nights at that time and my husband & I have gotten hooked on it!

Shelly January 6, 2013 at 5:26 am

I love this show!!!!

sasha December 31, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I love this show! I’ve followed it from the beginning! its time is perfect too! Right after my other favorite show bones.

Tammy December 22, 2012 at 6:56 am

I love this show!! And Franco oh yes Franco is my favorite!! All of the other actors are great as well!! It is getting very interesting, You know it’s a good show when you get mad that they don’t put it on for a month and make you wait!!! Ugh FOX y?! I love this show…best one that I have seen and liked yet!