The Talk: Renewed for Season Three by CBS

The Talk renewed for season threeThe Tiffany network has renewed The Talk, their weekday morning show, for a third season.

The CBS TV series debuted in the fall of 2010 with Holly Robinson Peete, Leah Remini, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert and Sharon Osbourne as co-hosts.

Peete, Remini, and Winokur were ultimately replaced by Sheryl Underwood and Aisha Tyler. The current team of five is set to return for the third season.

Here’s the press release from the network:

CBS RENEWS “THE TALK” FOR 2012-2013

CBS’s Daily Daytime Talk Show to Return for a Third Season

CBS’s THE TALK has been renewed for the 2012-2013 broadcast season. The daily daytime talk show – hosted by Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Sheryl Underwood and Aisha Tyler – will return for its third year in September.

“We are thrilled with the evolution and growth of THE TALK,” said Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment. “The show has high energy, spirited conversation, relevant topics, and the audience is responding.”

“We’re proud that THE TALK has already established great brand identity in only its second season,” said David Stapf, President, CBS Television Studios. “Much of the success can be attributed to our hosts’ chemistry and the work of our producers, whose selection of topics and guests are clearly resonating with viewers.”

Nationally, THE TALK is averaging 2.16 million viewers in its second season, 1.0/6 in women 25-54 and 0.8 in women 18-49. During the week ending Jan. 27, THE TALK delivered its largest audience ever with 2.45 million viewers, while matching its best in women 18-49 (0.9/6).

In the recently completed February sweep, THE TALK delivered year-to-year growth both nationally and on the CBS Owned Stations.

Nationally, THE TALK averaged 2.27 million viewers, 1.1/07 in women 25-54 and 0.9/05 in women 18-49. Compared to last February, THE TALK was up +4 in viewers (from 2.19m), +10% in women 25-54 (from 1.0/06) and +13% in women 18-49 (from 0.8/05).

On the 14 CBS Owned Stations, THE TALK improved the year-ago time period among women 25-54 by +29% (0.9 from 0.7).

THE TALK examines current events, pop culture, contemporary issues, family, celebrity and the trending topics of the day. Show segments include guest interviews with entertainers and newsmakers, musical performances and how-to demos.

THE TALK (weekdays 2:00-3:00 PM, ET; 1:00-2:00 PM, PT) is executive produced by John Redmann and Sara Gilbert for CBS Television Studios.

What do you think? Do you watch The Talk, or any morning shows? Do you like The Talk better than The View on ABC?

Kathie July 5, 2012 at 9:53 am

PUT ATWT BACK ON. IF YOU WATCH THE VIEW, THE TALK IS JUST THE SAME TOPICS WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE DISCUSSING THE SAME TOPICS AS THE VIEW ALREADY DID EARLIER IN THE DAY.

Rochelle Lewis March 11, 2012 at 11:07 am

I really hoped that this crap would have been canceled by now. GOD HELP US ALL!!!!

Bethany March 10, 2012 at 6:29 am

First of all let me say that I absolutely loved the show in its first season. I was wary when I heard about the disputes with Leah (I can never spell that one right I know) and Holly, but watched to see how it went. The show is better than ever! They have firmed up the 2 replacement hosts (or would that be hostesses?) and the chemistry is so much better. Sarah Gilbert, who was so shy and quiet in the first season, has come out of her shell so much I hardly recognize her from the first season to now. And with the busy schedules of all of the hosts they have, there is a steady flow of guest hosts and hostesses (both men and women I mean) that add something to the show that they just didn’t have before. I never really watched the View, as it seemed like a whole lot of bickering. The Talk is all banter. They cover serious topics without being disrespectful, and they handle the off the wall topics with a level of comedy that only could come from the fact that 2 of the new hosts are stand-up comedians. My entire family loves to watch this show every single day, and I am so excited to see that it has been renewed. The world could only be so lucky if this show stays on the air for years and years to come.

To Debbie, it wasn’t that they were treated badly. The two of them were not getting along with what was at the time the shows biggest draw, Sharon Osbourne. They decided to take a united stance, and it backfired. At least that is what I have understood from all the mass amounts of press that surrounded the big shake up. You really should give the show a shot now. It is so incredibly much better, I can’t even begin to express how much. And I didn’t expect to like it either. Those first few weeks were hard to watch. But Holly is on another show now, and I am sure Leah is doing just fine. And just maybe they both learned that in this job market, just like everyone else in this world, it is not the best idea to hold out for such demands if you want to keep your job. But personally I am so glad they did, because the payoff as a viewer has been so much.

Anne March 17, 2012 at 2:10 am

Oh, you aren’t a shill, are you Bethany? Either that, or Julie Chen. What an fn joke.

Debbie March 9, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I loved the Talk in it’s first season with Leah and Holly. I no longer watch it since they dropped these two funny ladies. I feel they were treated badly by the show & I hated the way they replaced them without a word to the viewers. It is not the same show that I loved & made time in my day to watch. I still watch the View.

Craig March 8, 2012 at 6:39 pm

I would enjoy seeing what the ratings are with men. Personally, I think The Talk and The View give women a bad reputation.