The View

The ViewNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: August 11, 1997 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Barbara Walters, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd, Rosie O’Donnell, Meredith Vieira, Star Jones, Debbie Matenopoulos, and Lisa Ling.

the view past TV show

TV show description:
An ABC morning talk show whose goal is to showcase the perspectives of a variety of diverse women.

Each episode opens with the all-female panel discussing and commenting on “hot topics,” the day’s top headlines. The rest of the show is filled with interviews with celebrities, authors, or politicians. Occasionally, there are craft, lifestyle, or fashion segments as well.

The series was co-created by veteran newswoman Barbara Walters who also serves as a semi-regular co-host. Other regular co-hosts have included Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Lisa Ling, Debbie Matenopoulos, Rosie O’Donnell, Star Jones Reynolds, Sherri Shepherd, and Meredith Vieira.

Anonymous February 7, 2015 at 8:08 am

Should have cancelled after first day. It is awful!!!! What was Barbara thinking?

Bob February 4, 2015 at 12:04 pm

I agree with DMAZ comet’s witch are below about how they all grate on your last nerves. Your comet’s have expired me to right my comet. As they always say- the mink will in-hair-it the plant earth. Thanks for making me smile.

Dee January 28, 2015 at 11:49 am

Horrible show, I hate Rosie ODonnell and Whoopi Goldberg and the others are of no significance at all. The View needs to be cancelled. They are not entertaining they are just big mouth liberals. Hate hate hate that anyone has to put up with this kind of crap TV. By the way Mario is just stupid.

Oasis January 27, 2015 at 9:06 am

Keep Whoopi and Nicole… O’Donnell needs to take her large mouth to a show about crafting with her kids…Perez not a talk show host.
Oasis

Anonymous February 5, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Agree the Rosie’s need to go. Rosie O is obnoxious and am tired of hearing about her heart attack

Anonymous January 26, 2015 at 11:38 am

Take Whoopi off in hate her big mouth ugly wig and clothes give rosie a chance nice last week withoutbwhoopi

Anonymous March 13, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Wallace is killing the show with that screaming high pitch voice never shuts up!
Barbara bring back the old gals or let whoppi, off the show she is acting all together
Different!! Not her self ,little Rosie may have a chance /out sqekkee Wallace she is out
Of her republican comfort zone please it’s not to late!!!!!!

Pat Murray January 22, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Please do all of us a favor and CANCEL “The View!” I have stopped watching and, although Nicolle is probably nice person, her constant cackling laugh is like nails on a blackboard. She has a shrill voice that causes me to turn the sound off when she is speaking (or should I say constantly talking over others).

Joe Robinson January 21, 2015 at 11:50 pm

I love Rosie odonell the best thing on the view

Julie January 20, 2015 at 3:36 pm

I personally, am enjoying it more this season than many others in the past. Even though Rosie O’Donnell can be very opinionated, isn’t that what the show is about? I think overall they are more entertaining and funny than when Barbara was on there, and Joy, who I found much more overbearing than Rosie could ever be. So, I hope it stays on, because I just think this season works, warts and all.

Mikki January 20, 2015 at 11:57 am

I’ve watched The View from its beginning. Its not interesting any more and I’ve finely started changing the channel. Put it to bed, its jumped the shark.

nonwatcher January 16, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Should have been cancelled long time ago. Unfortunately when Joy and Sherri bailed that was the end. Whoopie is great and she has tried to carry it, but for me bring Rosie ODonnell on was the death knell I stopped watching it then.

Anonymous January 19, 2015 at 9:01 am

I agree. Rosie has to many personal demons

Frank February 9, 2014 at 10:37 am

Hiring Jenny McCarthy was their biggest mistake. She adds nothing to the show.

Dmaz May 12, 2013 at 12:25 pm

My comment is waiting on censureship?

Dmaz May 12, 2013 at 11:57 am

“To the ladies of the view,just to let you know you all have done grate job on the view,i have watch the view every morning you all are grate,now i have seeing where your ordnance get that lovely handbag,and i am a fans of nice handbags and shoes do i get my handbag as a TV viewer of the view.”

This is a perfect example of the mentality that watches The View! You would have to be illiterate and a dumbass Liberal to watch such trash. It should be cancelled, or renamed “The Biased” Who cares what their View is? They are all a bunch of rich elitists who haven’t got a clue and the sheople watch this crap while drinking the Koolaid!
Give her a handbag and she’ll keep watching. OMG!

D.W. June 29, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Lady/Man, you would have had to watch The View in order to know what was going on, or to think it was trash. Why so critical? Everyone has different tastes, watch what you want and leave others to watch what they want. That is why there are more than one channel being televised.

Julie January 20, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Please my dear, it is GREAT. GRATE is a part of a fireplace. I am sorry, but please, look it up before you use a word.

bob g April 2, 2013 at 11:00 am

I use to enjoy watching The View. It seems that lately they have lost their innocence in conversation. Now each of them seems to have an answer ready for what the other is saying. There is also a power thing going on. If you watch at the beginning when they walk out there is ALWAYS a certain order. Very childish. I use to like Joy a lot. She is still a little entertaining but sometimes annoying. Whoopie needs to move to another type of show. Sherri is good on game shows. Elisabeth also needs a different venue. And Barbara could use that retirement. It is time to clean house and start a whole new View. Somethings run their course.

Yvonne Davis May 4, 2011 at 8:50 am