A Gifted Man: CBS Orders Three More Episodes

A Gifted Man TV seriesThough it’s pulled in less-than-impressive ratings, CBS has ordered three additional episodes of A Gifted Man.

Airing on Friday nights, A Gifted Man revolves around a talented and self-absorbed upscale surgeon (Patrick Wilson) who begins to change his view on life when he’s visited by the ghost of his dead ex-wife (Jennifer Ehle). Others in the series include Julie Benz, Liam Aiken, Margo Martindale, Pablo Schreiber, Rachelle Lefevre, Afton Williamson, and Eriq La Salle.

The newbie series has been averaging a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 8.35 million viewers. It’s the lowest-rated show on the network and has been doing worse in the all-important demo than now-cancelled Medium did a year earlier. On the positive side however, Gifted Man typically pulls in twice as many viewers as the show’s competitors on any of the other networks.

CBS has ordered three additional episodes of A Gifted Man, bringing the season total to 16 installments. That’s a far cry from a full season order and, unless things improve, it’s difficult to imagine that the network will order a second season.

TV show supportThree of the network’s other new shows — 2 Broke Girls, Person of Interest and Unforgettable — received full season pickups while How To Be A Gentleman was quickly cancelled. CBS hasn’t announced their mid-season schedule yet so it’s unknown what the network will put in A Gifted Man’s timeslot when the series has completed its run.

What do you think? Should CBS order more episodes of A Gifted Man or cancel it when the current season is finished?

Julio Lopez March 4, 2012 at 7:22 pm

You the big shots at the network don’t realized the kind of show you are planning to cancelled. You should considered cancelled shows like the Bachelor or Bachelloret.Come on people used your heads need to be very smart

Daniuta March 4, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I love this show. Hope that will not be canceled.

Sheila Kent March 4, 2012 at 7:54 am

I faithfully watch this show every week. I don’t agree with your measures for renewing a show. Remove 21/2 Men and replace with a gifted man.

Sheila Kent March 4, 2012 at 7:51 am

I love this show, please don’t cancel it. Everytime there is a show with good promise, it gets cancelled.

janover March 3, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Please try something with this show because it is worth it. Try a different night, a different time, anything but please don’t cancel it. CBS has cancelled a lot of shows that were excellent shows…… some of the best shows on tv and you guys cancelled them. Maybe you don’t have your hand on the pulse of America!!! Do you wonder why you come in third among the big networks???

Maria March 3, 2012 at 2:50 pm

NOOOOO!!!! Please don’t cancel this show! I LOVE this show. I always look forward to watching the episodes and even re-watch it again.

M Kelly March 3, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I just love the show, never miss watching each week!!!!!!

Dee March 3, 2012 at 12:05 pm

This show started a little slow,but I was hooked by the 3rd show.I love this show and hope it’s not cancelled.

Jay March 3, 2012 at 8:49 am

I Love “A Gifted Man” as well as “Unforgettable”, Although I love shows with Ghosts or time travel like “Journey Man”. I hate that good shows get cancelled and Shows like “a good wife” and “2 broke girls” and When will “Two and a Half Men” get off the air, my god. What they need to do is put “a gifted man” on Wednesday nights.

Or bring the main actor into a Time travel show, However I do like all the Visual effects with the brain and stuff on “a gifted man” he’s kinda like a Dr. Macgyver, which is why I think I love it.

Also we need more problem solving shows like Charlie Chan.

Ernie Boushy March 3, 2012 at 8:10 am

I believe that to live or die with demographics can be very misleading. Yes, no one moniters what “we” watch but being seniors who watch tv at least 8 hours a day, we are not being represented. A gifted man is one of the best shows to come along in a long time and to cancel it would be extremely disappointing to us. We currently have over 60 shows on our watch list and this one is in our top five. Please renew this program at it has tremendous potential in the long run.

Anonymous March 2, 2012 at 11:52 pm

IT IS THE GREATEST SHOW ON TV!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON’T CANCEL A GIFTED MAN!!!!!! PLEASE !!!!!!!!!

Hugh K Moore March 2, 2012 at 10:30 pm

This is a great show. The season finale wasn’t broadcasted in TN due to tornado warnings. Hopefully that will see fit to rebroadcast – AND NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW.

DeAnna Clark March 2, 2012 at 8:33 pm

My family and I LOVE a gifted man please keep on the air even my 7 year old twins watch with us. If ratings are down try different nights! Love the show one of the best on CBS
DeAnna

kelly dunn March 2, 2012 at 8:20 pm

A gifted man is a great show and should not be cancelled! It is a tough night to be on television. Many people do not watch TV on Friday evenings. I love this show and would be very disappointed if cancelled.

Maida March 2, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I love this show can’t believe they are thinking of canceling . Too bad every show that’s good gets cancelled by CBS. Can’t believe they are keeping two broke girls that’s one stupid show