All My Children, One Life to Live: Cancelled Soaps Still Alive?

All My Children, One Life to LiveDespite the fact that Prospect Park announced that they were suspending their efforts to continue the ABC soaps online, they apparently haven’t given up on All My Children and One Life to Live quite yet.

According to Variety, Prospect Park principals Jeff Kwatinetz and Rich Frank are continuing to hold meetings and explore options. The discussions are considered to be preliminary but one of the options being looked at is bringing in an overseas firm and turn the shows into a co-production.

A deal like that might allow them to get around having to make expensive agreements with the unions which was believed to be a sticking point. It remains to be seen of course if the talent behind or in front of the cameras will agree to what they’re offered.

Though Prospect Park is far from making the online continuation a reality, the company has the rights to continue both soaps for one year after they’ve aired their ABC series finales — September 2012 for All My Children and January 2013 for One Life to Live.

Sources have indicated that the Prospect Park principals are still intent on resuscitating the soaps on the Internet. Their goal is to use them to serve as the anchors for a broader online-network.

What do you think? Do you think a deal could really work out? If you had to choose, which soap should survive — AMC or OLTL?

Diane December 26, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I think they made a big mistake replacing both Soaps with reality crap that can be found all over cable TV on many networks. The LAST thing we need is more of it! Bring back the Soaps and I’ll come back to your network…til then, I won’t be watching.

maria depalo December 24, 2011 at 5:59 pm

AMC,OLTL are a part of me!been watching these 2 soaps forever.OLTL is my favorate but I like both,Ido’nt have cable at this time so.When I get out of work I go on line and bam!there they are.helps me wind down after a long day at work.I praying that Prospect Park or who ever help your loyal watchers.AND SAVE THE SOAPS!!!!!

Debbie December 22, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I would, without a doubt, choose OLTL

coral December 21, 2011 at 5:20 am

My vote is all my children. I was so upset when it went off the air. Please bring it back.

CB December 13, 2011 at 3:38 pm

My vote is for OLTL if I have to choose. Whoever continues the soaps will take business away from ABC. ABC is already losing a lot of watchers because of this!

Paula Staab December 12, 2011 at 8:55 pm

It would be wonderful! I will certainly hope for the best! I’ll watch if they are on, that’s for sure!

Janice December 12, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I’ve been watching both soaps since their inception. In a perfect scenario, both soaps will come back, but if I had to choose, One Life To Live is the one I would choose.

RgrHFan December 12, 2011 at 11:06 am

I would love it if they could find away to make these Soaps come back but unfortunately I do not believe a word these prospect park ppl say

buddz December 10, 2011 at 7:05 am

My sources indicate that Prospect Park principals are full of crap.
This is a preliminary opinion, subject to finalization after all
other options have been explored.

Douglas December 9, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Hope springs eternal.

joanne December 9, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I don’t quite believe it ut am hoping against hope anyway. OLTL has been so strong this year, especially in the last 4 months or so; I cannot believe that it’s going to end. The writing has been off the hook! I miss AMC (after watching both AMC and OLTL for over 35 years) – but I think I’m really going to miss OLTL more.

Dee Vincent December 9, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I suspect that this is just a tease

lorrie December 9, 2011 at 10:00 am

I will remain guarded but nothing would make me happier.

Shannon December 8, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Don’t want to have to pick between the two and want them both!

Jeremy Rynek December 8, 2011 at 8:22 pm

I thought it was already made official that they were canceled? I don’t even watch the shows, but I keep hearing different things about them.

admin December 9, 2011 at 5:35 am

Jeremy Rynek » ABC cancelled both earlier this year. AMC went off the air (with a cliffhanger) in September, OLTL goes off next month. Prospect Park licensed the soaps with the intent of making new episodes and airing them online. They recently announced they had suspended their efforts because of funding and contract issues. Now it seems they’re still trying to make it work.