Blue Bloods: Season Four Ratings

bluebloods32This TV series has managed to survive on Friday nights on CBS but the ratings have been coming down each year. Will Blue Bloods’ numbers be strong enough for the show to be renewed for season five or could it be in danger of being cancelled? We shall see.

Another police procedural series, Blue Bloods revolves around the Irish-American Reagan family and their work as part of the NYPD. The cast includes Tom Selleck, Donnie Wahlberg, Bridget Moynahan, Will Estes, Len Cariou, Amy Carlson, Sami Gayle, Nicholas Turturro, and Marisa Ramirez.

How are your shows doing? Check the season rankings: ABC | CBS | CW | FOX | NBC

3/13 update: This show has been renewed for the 2014-15 season by CBS.

Final season averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 11.52 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

For comparisons: The third season of Blue Bloods averaged a 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.83 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Blue Bloods TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fifth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

139 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

Blue Bloods is the best show on ABC or any other channel at the present time. Please, please do not let it get cancelled. A real family show, a detective show with family at the dinner table and togetherness plus their religious times. I hope it is on for years to come. But, why can’t I get last night’s show as I usually can by Sat. afternoon?

2. Nelly says

Blue blood c’est comme un bon livre que l’on dévore de la première à la dernière page mais on ne veut pas que cela se termine!
    Message d’une fan de France
    Blue blood it is as a good book that we devour of the first in the back page but we do not want that it ends! Message of one fan of France

3. Max says

I am in South Africa, and we get to see these series after it is shown in the US.

I keep track of this series and wait for our local broacaster to air them as they become avaialble.

I have been watching Blue Bloods from the first season, and it has so much to offer. The story line is great, and has a message which we all can relate to. It is a family unit that has different ideas and ideals, yet they stick together in good and in tough times.

Brilliant series, and I hope it continues.

4. Adrian says

Blue bloods is probably my favorite show on television. My fiance and I never miss an episode. It is one of those shows that brings us closer together as we both relate to a d connect with the characters. I sincerely hope that the show continues to air for many years to come. If you agree, please let them know by leaving g a supporting comment.

5. Sue says

Keep Blue Bloods on! It’s a great family show with a strong cast.

When will the TV industry look at demographics other than 18- to 49-year-olds? I think 50-to 65-year olds spend a lot of money, too — and not just on prescription drugs with horrible side effects — perhaps advertisers need to rethink their strategies.

• Danna says

I soooo agree! Except, don’t cut it off at 65. My DH and I (67 & 66) watch far more television than any of the 18-49 year-olds that we know. For G*d’s sake, people, we’re old, we aren’t DEAD!!! Give us some quality programming to watch and stop with the mindless so-called “reality” shows.

6. Ramona Delgado says

This has to be one of the “Best TV Series” on Friday Nights….the cast if fantastic and the shows deal with “Real Life Situations” that the public should be aware of. Its not a “Reality Show” and/or comedy which hides today’s life. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong about comedy, etc., but lets keep this show on. Its entertaining, and the cast just seems to fit the series.

7. Ellen Kamm says

I think Blue Bloods is a great show. look forward to it on Fridays. Now I have my 25 year old son watching it too. Hope it isn’t cancelled. Would really miss it.

8. Mary says

Blue Bloods is the best drama on tv. Guess what – you can watch it as a family. Tom Selleck is the best and the fact that a man in his position always stands for truth and honesty no matter what the situation is continues to be so refreshing I look forward to each Friday evening due to this great series. I hope it lasts for many more seasons.

9. says

Blue Bloods is an entertaining show. It has excellent dialog, strong acting, inventive story lines, colorful location shooting, suspense, hard action and a much needed sense of right and wrong. It reminds me of some of the great classic TV shows of the past that never get old. It is highly recommended and deserves to be renewed for a fifth season.

• Shimshon says

Couldn’t agree more…
      The show makes you connect to every single character in it and actually learn from their actions. It is the most realistic police shows nowadays in my opinion, and it’s even getting better and better.
      Deserved to be renewed for many seasons!

10. Nancy says

I love BlurBloods! One of my favorites. Never miss an episode (but just in case I am recording them all). They are good enough to watch over again.

11. charles crawford says

this is one of the best shows on tv . my family waits for it every week. would love to see a movie verson with same actors, tom selleck is the best.