Yesterday, we reported Jane the Virgin star Gina Rodriguez will voice the lead role in Netflix’s upcoming Carmen Sandiego series. Now, the streaming service has released more details about the new TV show.
From Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, the educational animated series “presents an intimate look into Carmen’s past where viewers will not only follow her escapades but also learn WHO in the world is Carmen Sandiego and WHY she became a super thief.” The voice cast also includes Stranger Things star Finn Wolfhard.
Netflix has already ordered 2o episodes of Carmen Sandiego, which is slated to premiere in 2019.
Read more details below:
Carmen Sandiego, New Animated Series, Coming to Netflix in 2019
· Gina Rodriguez will Voice Lead Character of Carmen Sandiego
· Finn Wolfhard Also Lends His Voice
· In the upcoming animated series produced by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Carmen Sandiego is back and ready for a new crop of international capers packed with thrilling adventure and intrigue. This fresh take presents an intimate look into Carmen’s past where viewers will not only follow her escapades but also learn WHO in the world is Carmen Sandiego and WHY she became a super thief.
· Gina Rodriguez (Jane the Virgin) will voice Carmen Sandiego.
· Finn Wolfhard (Stranger Things) will voice Player, Carmen’s chief accomplice and friend.
· Duane Capizzi (The Batman) is co-executive producer and showrunner.
· CJ Kettler (The Tick) is executive producer. Caroline Fraser is the executive in charge of production.
· Visual design by Kevin Dart (Mr. Peabody & Sherman) and Chromosphere
· Animation studio is DHX Media.
· 20 episodes, 22-minutes each, have been ordered
· The animated series is produced by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for Netflix and will premiere in 2019.”
What do you think? Are you a fan of the Carmen Sandiego franchise? Will you check out the new Netflix series?