CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Lucy October 6, 2012 at 11:42 pm

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo disappointed CBS did cancel CSI: Miami !!!it’s the best one of all three csi shows, and why not LV go frist?! I dunt wanna the new blondie in LV, and hate chill in NY, plz just give us back MIAMI beach.

karen robinson October 5, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I am very diappointed at CBS::: you always think that you know what is best for the viewers, well you don’t that is very clear. You think that , THE GOOD WIFE, BLUE BLOOD, 2 BROKE GIRLS, MIKE&MOLLY,AND THE WORST TWO AND A HALF MEN, PLEASE DON’T GET ME STARTED ABOUT THAT ONE, these show that you put on are all garbage, they must be the shows that you CBS like because there are thousands of people who think like me, these show are stupid and full of crap, at least CSI MIAMI , CSI NY, CSI VEGAS, CRIMINAL MINDS, THEY ALL HAVE INTERESTING SHOWS THAT KEEP U ON YOUR TOES, these other ones don’t even come close. TWO AND A HALF MEN NOW IS GARBAGE, THAT SHOW WAS CHARLIE SHEENES AND NOW THAT HE WAS FIRED FROM THE SHOW IT WENT TO HELL IN A HAND BASKET, HE WAS THE ONE WHO MADE THE SHOW NOT THE OTHERS. I loved watching the show because Charlie made it funny, now I will change the channel when it is on, i have not seen one show since Charlie left, can not stand the show anymore.
When you decide to cancel a show or put one on do u every get views opinion first, no u don’t you just sit back and say well i think we will cancel this show and that show because CBS DOESN’T LIKE IT ANYMORE, NOT VIEWERS.

I am from Ontario Canada and I always wait with excitement every week no mater what day it is to watch ALL THE CSI’s AND CRIMINAL MINDS, MY FAMILY AND I LOVE EACH AND EVERYONE OF THOSE SHOWS, EVEN MY 13 YEAR OLD LOVE’S TO SIT AND WATCH THEM WITH US.

VERY VERY HURT THAT YOU CANCELED A VERY GOOD SHOW, UNBELIEVABLE
BUT THEN AGAIN THAT IS CBS FOR YOU THEY DO CARE ABOUT THE VIEWERS THAT WATCH .

Hurt, really hurt October 5, 2012 at 12:19 am

I’ve been going through the guide searching for any hint as to just when my family favorite, CSI Maimi, would be returning for the fall. Tired of looking, I decided to google it and to my dismay learned it was just snatched off with no notice, warning, ending- nothing. But yu all keep all these dumb reality shows on for kids to learn all their nasty habits, no plot, no meaning — nothing. The ratings were great when it was on any other night but Sunday when everything runs over late making CSI Maimi the last to come on. But I still would tape it adding an extra hour and a half to make sure I got all of it. Please bring it back!!!!!

Barbara October 7, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I have been looking and waiting for CSI Miami to come on but couldn’t find it. I love that show and always taped it if I couldn’t watch it at the time it was on. I am very disappointed to discover that it was canceled. Please bring it back!!!
Thank You.

Linda October 4, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I am really very disappointed that CSI: Miami has been cancelled! It’s been one of the best things to watch, of late, there’s so much rubbish on TV, for the most part. Also it could have been shown after CSI: NY ended! Sorry CBS but I think you got it wrong – once again! I read somewhere that the reason was something to do with what night to put it on. Flippin’ ratings & demographics! For pity’s sake – it was a most enjoyable series & watched by millions who didn’t care a hoot which day it was on, we would have most certainly watched it anyway… Why is it that all the good stuff I enjoy watching gets cancelled?

bluesteel October 6, 2012 at 3:46 am

so true

Howard October 4, 2012 at 3:57 pm

There was no need for the show to end it needed a season 11. NY had very low viewership than Miami and such a strong cast I enjoyed season 10 wonderful job to the cast and team.

Amir Maller October 3, 2012 at 8:58 pm

That is sad news.
CSI Miami was a little of on season 9 ,but back big time on the season 10.

If I where to choose , then the NY is sure to go first!

I think the Miami plots and cast is way better then the NY and I was really looking forward for that never to come season 11…

MM October 3, 2012 at 5:19 pm

If they had to choose between NY and Miami, this was a no brainer, they should have canceled CSI NY.
CSI Miami was the best of the CSI’s. NY is the show that would not have been missed.
I cannot believe they canceled Miami.!! OMG

Pam Doerr October 2, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I am very disappointed that CSI Miami has been cancelled. Had not heard it was cancelled. Was looking to see when it started up again and found out it had been cancelled. What a bummer. Of all the shows to cancel it isn’t CSI Miami. The reality shows I have had it with them. CBS what were you thinking? When you have a winner why would you cancel?

Disgusted October 2, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I agree with everyone else I am very disappointed in the decision to cancel CSI Miami. I HATE all the reality shows. I have watched CSI since the beginning so have seen most of the shows and now I will have nothing to watch . THANKS again for not listening to the viewers.

Myra Hyman October 2, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I very unhappy you canceled CSI Miami. It was my favorite. You left all of us hanging on last springs cliffhanger. This is not the right way to end a series. You should have put some thought into thinking about the fans of the show.

Rossana Affini October 2, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Sorry for my bad English, I’m ilalian and i’m shocked for your decision.
Here in Italy my friends and I for watch CSI MIAMI and others, we pay televison.
I love soo much CSI Miami and I can’t live without. Please replace when it’s possible CSI MIAMI. Now we don’t watch never others CSI specifically CSI LAS VEGAS.
I hope that we will save CSI MIAMI and the greatest Oratio Caine (David Caruso) and the others actors. Pease help us!

Karin October 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I am shocked to hear CSI Miami will stop: it is my favorite

rather not October 1, 2012 at 1:42 pm

If they were gonna cancel it ,they could have done it right. My husband and I love all the C.S.I. shows.It is a lot better than watching all those stupid reality shows.What is the world coming to?

Kevin September 30, 2012 at 7:49 pm

CSI Miami was by far the best CSI compared to the other two, without a doubt. The LEAST a show like CSI Miami deserves is a proper ending; closure! This is flat out BS! Furthermore, I agree with everything Anonymous posted!

Anonymous September 30, 2012 at 2:10 pm

they could’ve cancel any other show but they chose to cancel the best… Of course the show is going to drop on views if they didn’t put it on an appropriate slot and were canceling the episodes every other weekend. People like me that really like the show started watching it online instead. Bad decision, didn’t even give it a proper ending, the show was canceled half way through an episode, unbelievable!!